Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdbheartsease

HAVE: Spring 2014 Raleigh Swap - Food List

Judy Brown
9 years ago

I'm bringing Cranberry Chicken Salad and/on Croissants.

John: Do we have enough paper products or do we need to bring more?

Comments (11)

• dekeoboe
    9 years ago

I'll bring a pasta salad.

How many people normally show up?

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    9 years ago

Judy, I'm glad you started this! I am about to leave to pick up my husband and then go to Raleigh. I just put a key lime cake in the car. It is still hot and smells soooo good. Talk about air freshener.

• lisianthuslover
    9 years ago

I am bringing fruit salad

• Judy Brown
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dekeoboe - So hard to say how many people will be there for sure. From the replies, trades and responses, I'm guess-estimating 35 - 60?

Countrygirl - Thank you, I figured we couldn't have a swap without some food. Looking so forward to the Key Lime Cake, it was a hit at the last Swap.

• lisianthuslover
    9 years ago

I am bringing fruit salad

• dekeoboe
    9 years ago

Dekeoboe - So hard to say how many people will be there for sure. From the replies, trades and responses, I'm guess-estimating 35 - 60?

Wow, I had no idea there would be so many. This will be my first one, and I figured maybe 24 people. Sounds like this is a bigger event than I thought it was - should be fun.

• trianglejohn
    9 years ago

dekeoboe - don't feel that you have to feed everyone! Just bring whatever you are comfortable bringing, if there isn't enough to go around we'll just have to arm wrestle for it. I think the lowest attended swap had 25-30 people at it and the largest had over 80. With this years weather there may not be as many plants as we normally see but hopefully all the humans will show up.

Judy - I've got plenty of plates and plastic ware, none of it matches, all different shapes and sizes but there should be plenty. (and my cell number is the same in case you need to call).

• Judy Brown
    Original Author
    9 years ago

dekeoboe - This is a wonderful plant swap. I know of 4 people who will be making the drive from Winston-Salem. Definitely, worth the drive. Great Plants, Great People and Great Food.

John - Sounds like you've got us covered on the paper products.

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    9 years ago

And I'm coming from Greenville,SC,! I also brought small plates for the cake!

• trianglejohn
    9 years ago

Attention Gardeners! The weather is going to flat out suck tomorrow. I doubt I can change the date with the park service soooooo I will be there at the scheduled time but for those of you driving a great distance I would rather not be the reason you are on the road. I will try and get a new date in May, or maybe June just to be safe - maybe winter will be over by then!!!

I will be at the shelter and I will bring some plants but I wasn't hoping to take anything home (famous last words) so if you want to come splash around in the puddles feel free to spend the afternoon in Garner.

• sabji
    9 years ago

I will bring some Indian food too!
    To the person ( sorry I cannot remember who) that like my Lime pickle.... I will bring that too.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz