Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtrx

WANTED: Food List Raleigh Swap

dirtrx
17 years ago

Do we have a theme?

I'm bringing eclair pie, same as always.

Comments (21)

• trianglejohn
    17 years ago

I'm bringing some sort of pasta salad dish with meat (most likely chicken/pasta/pesto). Trying to keep things simple and more snack oriented.

• Hollyclyff
    17 years ago

I think I'll bring peanut butter pie this time.

• tamelask
    17 years ago

same as always for us- salsa & guac. if i get time, maybe lemon or limeade.

• rootdiggernc
    17 years ago

drinks, slaw and paper goods (napkins, cups, plates,) and something else just haven't decided what yet.

• jeane
    17 years ago

I have the forks covered and will bring a bundt cake

• dogridge
    17 years ago

Ruffles and clam dip.

• cutternumber
    17 years ago

chocolate kaluha cookies

if I don't eat them all before 12:00 Saturday myself

• woodsworm
    17 years ago

Hummus and something to dip in it.

• shari1332
    17 years ago

I'll bake some cookies.

• woodsworm
    17 years ago

I'll also bring some tea: the kind we used to call just "tea" but now we have to call "sweet tea." ;)

• rootdiggernc
    17 years ago

Woods brought her hummus to our (GSO/HP) fall swap last year. It is so good! We about froze to death but there was some great eats. :)

• MagickMare
    17 years ago

Heath Bar Cake or Death by Chocolate... not sure which, but chocolate will be involved!

• tietie
    17 years ago

I love that eclair pie and the salsa and guac, yummy.

I'll bring some canned beverages plus something else. Are we doing more of a snack thing instead of a meal thing this time? I usually bring a white chicken chili, but if we're doing the snack thing, I'll bring something easier.

Tanya

• nancyofnc
    17 years ago

Please, please, please Tanya, bring your famous chicken chili (White Dove, I think). It is awesome.

I'm going a less sugar route than what Triangle John wants - seems that is covered already. I'm going to bring finger sandwiches - no I don't cut up people fingers - well, not too often anyway. I make my own bread so just slicing it long ways and short ways I can quickly make a bunch of sandwiches using my various delicious fillings - but you have to eat the crust too, which I think is the best part, she said humbly.

I really enjoy potluck and I hope someone brings some homemade slaw and baked beans like last time. Why does everything you normally make at home taste so much better when someone else makes it?

I hope everyone puts a sign on what it is and who made it because we like to bug them for the recipes. Also, we do have some vegan swappers, and some are allergic to things like fish and wheat, eggs and dairy. So, I'll also bring a couple sandwich loaves made gluten-free in any case. You all can be my guinea pigs since I've started making them for my DIL, poor thing, who is allergic to everything except tree bark and rocks. Just kidding, but almost.

Nancy the nancedar

• tietie
    17 years ago

Nancy, Thanks for the 'yes' vote. I didn't know if people were getting tired of it. I know DH looks forward to the Doves Nest White Chicken chili but thats probably cuz I don't make it often. I'm glad your making sandwiches, yummo. Does gluten free = complex carbs? PM if you want.

Tanya

• drmom_nc Zone 7b
    17 years ago

I'm a newbie with no plants, so I'll try to make it up by trading in calories.
    I'm planning a pasta-and-tomato dish, a big bowl of fresh strawberries, and probably something chocolate.

• aisgecko
    17 years ago

I'm bringing a tomato/mozzerella thing. Sort of like insalata caprese on toothpicks. I'll probably bring some lemonade too. -Ais.

• Ralph Whisnant
    17 years ago

I will bring enough freshly picked spinach & lettuce to make a very large tossed salad with dressings plus unsweetened iced tea and 50 each plastic forks and knives.

• mad_about_mickey
    17 years ago

How about a taco salad with chips to dip?

• alicia7b
    17 years ago

I'll bring pumpkin bread.

• jeane
    17 years ago

I am so sorry I cannot come to the Plant Swap. We need to look at some property at the beach and this weekend is the only one we can do it.

So I hope someone else will bring the forks!!

Have a Great Time

Jeanne