Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: food for raleigh swap

Posted by woodsworm 7a NC (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 10:31

Let's get this started, as there's no sense wasting anticipation!
I'll bring a dessert, probably some custardy trifle. Also I'll bring UNsweetened tea. Gotta have that balance.
I didn't mean to put that "ad" at "tea." How do you remove these things? or prevent them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: food for raleigh swap

Thanks for getting this started. I will bring something, most likely something like pasta salad or broccoli salad but if I state it now I will more than likely change my mind between now and then.

You can't do anything about the "key words". It is a function of this website and a way for them to earn money from advertisers. Endure it, tolerate it, ignore it and let them try to make some money.

o

I'll bring some sorta cake for liv's bday. Not sure what else- too far away. If we get a good deal on avocadoes, guac.

o

I'll bring juice boxes and water bottles in ice chest. And soemthing else home-made as time permits. And I'll bring a friend bearing food.

And to any lurkers reading, please come to the swap! There's a post arranging "special" one-on-one trades, but by far the vast majority of plants are in the general swap. John rings a bell and we each pick a plant. And it goes on until there are no more plants. Then we eat. If you can't bring plants, bring food. It's more fun with a crowd, and the best thing you'll get is chatting with other folks trying to make beautiful things grow in Carolina clay.

o

I will be happy to bring Mint Sweet Tea and Hummus. If someone brings small plastic bowls, I would be willing to bring a chilled roasted carrot soup.

John...

o

I've got bowls for that soup, also plates and cups, and I'll bring something edible but I don't know what yet.

o

I'll bring a few gallons of sweet tea in an Igloo dispenser. And cups.

o

Got cheap 'cadoes, so we'll bring guac, too.

o

We will bring a biggg bowl of mixed lettuce and spinach salad, a dip and sugar free tea.

o

I'm bringing dessert - maybe gooey cake & homemade cookies.

o

bringing a pasta salad

o

My hens have been working overtime on the eggs, so I'll probably bring some deviled eggs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here