Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

o
wanted: special trades part ii

Posted by alicia7b z7b/8aNC (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 07 at 10:56

Tammy, I'd be interested in your buddleia and raspberry and wineberry starts if your buddleia isn't spoken for already and if I can tempt you with more trades.

Magic for white I'd suggest Phlox paniculata "David" (blooms all summer into fall), white bearded iris, orphanage plant (Kalimeris pinnatifida, grows to about 2' and blooms all summer). I can bring you a start of those. For purple Mexican bush sage is good; it blooms in late summer/ early fall and is usually perennial here. There are a lot of good sages that are blue/purple, MBS and Salvia "Purple Majesty" being the most purple. For orange Florida azalea, flame azalea, tithonia (annual). There are a lot of possibilities. It's the same color scheme I will be rebuilding around my own house this spring.

I wanted to add that if anyone is interested I can bring American snowbell cuttings and native jack-in-the-pulpit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: special trades part ii

hollyclyff--I will bring the jack-in-the-pulpit for you. If you have any reject daylilies, I have a spot I want to fill in with them...or I might be able to squeeze some tomatoes or peppers (any variety) in my one spot of sun.

o

Tammy, your brambles have me drooling, let me know if there is anything else I have that you might be interested in. I'm not sure if you'd want more iceplant or something else.

Tanya

o

Majick - yes I raise silkworms. You can also feed them special silkworm food if you don't have mulberry trees, but it's obviously more expensive that way. I had been raising them from eggs laid by my own caterpillars for several generations, but I left it too long between batches, or maybe my fridge got too cold, and my last batch of eggs wouldn't hatch. I've just ordered more this week. My turtle and my bearded dragon both eat them. Even my fire bellies eat the small ones. The turtle especially loves them. It was the first thing she ever ate from my hand. I'm really curious what your "other hobby" is.
Dana

o

Dana,

We have reptiles too - I raise Chameleons & Ball Pythons, my Hubby breeds monitor lizards. We've often discussed creating an outdoor enclosure for turtles... We'll see how that fits in with my plans for the yard ;)

o

wow- didn't know they'd be so popular this year! tanya, i didn't see anything else on your list i wanted, but i can bring a wineberry start, too. it may be a little small, but it'll come out raoaring, beleive me.

alicia the buddleia are yours. i think you'd asked for cuttings in the fall anyhow- now they are just rooted already (albeit with no colors known). i can also bring black rasp & wineberry; i'll have to ck and see about the red. i would love a styrax cutting! if you have any more of the azalea babies, i could do that or a royal fern. thanks!

o

Rootdigger, the Kalimeris is yours, and I would be thrilled with one of your passalong Mini Black irises. Thank you.

o

Tammy, way cool.

Tanya

o

Magick - I remember reading that chameleons especially liked silkworms. I never knew just how much I loved reptiles until my daughter wanted a lizard for Christmas one year. We researched and decided on a Beardie. I made her write a report about them and how to take care of them before we got him. Officially he's hers, but he's my buddy and terribly spoiled. She'd love to have a snake (her cousins have a Ball Python) and I'd let her have one, but we don't have anywhere to put it!

Tam - no need for a trade for 'Ellen's Blue' cuttings. I'll just bring some for you. I'll also start some this summer and if the cuttings don't work, maybe I'll have some rooted ones by fall.

o

I can't believe that y'all have filled an entire thread and I haven't posted at all!

Brenda, I think I'm the one you were thinking about with the Natchez cm. I don't know if I have anything you're looking for this year but I'm posting what I'm bringing on my page as I dig.

o

Amy, Thanks I really like what I've read about the Kalimeris. Looks very charming and easy! I have you down for the mini iris.

o

tamelask/root- you are welcome to come before or after the swap, or anytime. we live about 20-30 min drive west of the swap site. I have a garden cart and heavy duty hand truck you can use, but a sturdy wheelbarrow might be useful.

Brenda- I have an akebia for you

Alicia- I have white bearded iris for you, the old fashioned early blooming type

magick- the creeping raspberry does not bear fruit, but it is a neat little ground cover.

I am also looking for euphorbia wolfenii and salvias (big bushy ones) if anyone wants to trade.

Krystol

o

Krystol, I don't think we'll be able to do it that day. I have another event to take care of that morning before the swap and by the time we finish that and the swap we'll most likely be wiped. Plus we've been planning all winter to go by a couple of the tree farms up that way that day, if we can find the time to do so. So long as we can plan ahead though we're pretty flexible.

o

as long as it's ok with you krystol, we can coordinate for a different time when it would work for root. it sounds like it'd be about 45 mins to an hour for me to get to your place; not sure for root. maybe we can work it out at the swap- might be easier. it's not like the rocks will walk off or die! :)

magick- that's cool about your herps. what kind of chameleons? i love the tri-horned ones. we had a carpet chameleon for a while, but he had something wrong and died. we've kept green snakes, geckos, skinks and anoles through the years in addition to the box turtles. we'd have bigger snakes, but i don't like feeding furry things to them. since we also have parrots, fish and ponds, i've limited the kids to just the turtles for now. our neighbor is a herpetologist, so we can get a fix when we want from him.

dana, thanks so much for the ellen's blue cutting! i bet it'll root- i've had great luck with woody material rooting from them. i love the slatey blue color of that one.

o

Tammy, I do not have blue balsam and cannot remember seeing any Orange Mint since we got to Raleigh - will see if I can find some when we go back to Greenville, SC next week. I will take cuttings to root of Cuphea 'Batface' tomorrow; I have the other things for you (V.'Waterperry', Tiarella 'Chocolate Mint' & 'Snowflake', Disporum, and EE 'Black Magic'). I can also add a Heucherella 'Strike It Rich Gold', or any one of the Heucheras I have just added to my Trade List? Let me know which you would prefer.

o

Rootdigger,
I think you will be pleased with the Kalimeris. In the sun, the flowers are full and fluffy, and continuous from late April (or early April this year) until frost in the a fall. If they start to look scraggly, just shear them back, and they start back up again. In the shade, the flowers are more single, and like an aster, I guess, but the bright white blossoms seem to glow in the shadows. The common name Genghis Khan Aster can be appropriate, and when happy, it may invade empires! The name Oxford Orphanage plant originated with Elizabeth Lawrence, a noted plantswoman and author from Charlotte, I think I recall. She found it growing at the orphanage in Oxford NC. And on a personal note, it was one of the first perennials I planted when I was just started getting my hands dirty and my addiction going.

o

WoW... Gardeners & herp lovers too!!! I'm in heaven :)
I've got Veild Chameleons currently, but love the 3 horns - they reminded me of triceratops!
Is it April 21st yet? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas :) I can't wait to pick everyone's brains... There is so much I want to do to my yard & you guys seem to do it all!! I'm gonna start a post or two in the Carolina Gardening section.

o

Amy, sounds like my kind of plant. I have an area in my front yard where I try to plant a few whites and lighter colors so they'll glow in the evening. Not exactly a moonlight garden, but enough of a splash to make it pretty and fragrant if I want to sit out at dusk and just enjoy and/or watch the hummingbird moths. So that should go well there. Thanks!

Krystol and Tam, we're just west of Greensboro so prolly about an 1 - 1 1/4 hrs to you Krystol, if I have my bearings right as to how far the swap is.

o

Ralph, I checked your list again with the additions and the Heucherella 'Strike It Rich Gold' looks good to me.

Magick - do any of your herps eat feeder roaches? I've got more than I can ever use if you could use them.
Dana

o

Amyflora, I notice that you have a blue/purple Monarda. I can offer Jacob Kline (red & powdery mildew resistant) if you are interested in another color. Or look at my Trade List for whatever you would like to trade for your Monarda.

o

come anytime for the rocks, they'll be here. We're around most weekends, so just email me when you want to come.

Tietie- would you be interested in trading a meidland rose for a heuchera? I have Purple ruffles and a burgandy with silver veins (silver veil, I think).

o

Dana,

Thanks for the offer, but roaches make my skin crawl - I know it's silly, I can handle snakes, rats, 5 foot lizards crickets, worms, etc. - and I'm squeemish about little roaches!

o

No problem magick, plenty of people are the same way, including my husband. Myself - I much prefer roaches to crickets. I can't stand crickets! It doesn't hurt that the kind I have look more like big roly-polys or trilobites than regular roaches though.
Dana

o

Now I've loved Roly-Polys since I was a kid!

Ralph - Would you be interested in trading EE Illustris for some green & yellow Var. Hosta? Or for anything else (not spoken for) on my pitiful trade list? Sorry it's such a small list - I'm a complete newbie.

o

RalphW, could we trade Monarda for Impatiens omeiana? I am intrigued! -amy

o

Tammy -- I will pot up 3 of the baby azaleas for you and look around for a royal fern -- I was going to dig one the other night but where I remember some growing must be in an area that we had to clear last fall. I am going to take a look closer to the creek and will probably find some there. I have a Cinnamon dug for you. If you want more let me know, our trade is lopsided anyway.

Ais -- I have an Ebony spleenwort, Cinammon, and Southern Lady with your name on it. Did you want multiples of anything? it's a cinch for me to get more, especially the Southern lady.

o

dogridge, COOL. I'm so excited about your heucheras. I'd be interested in both of them if you could find another want from my trade page or I could just bring you lots of meidland rose.

amyflora, do you still have some Agastache 'Golden Jubilee'? Is there anything on my page that interests you?

rootdigger, would you like to trade a beautyberry for a rooted gardenia cutting or something else from my page?

Tanya

o

Tietie, What colors are your blackberry lilies, and how hardy is your peach ice plant? My Golden Jubilee seedlings are itty-bitty, and this freeze/frost situation has me concerned, but if they make it, I think I have 3 to offer you. -amy

o

tietie- I'll take 2 of the roses.

I'm sooo excited about the swap day, can't wait!

o

Alicia, I would love 2 lady ferns plus the others. I can divide a lot of daylilies, do you need names or just colors? I have a lot so if you want a specific color I can look. I just don't have a lot of pink. I can get you several and if I now the names and color I will label them. -Ais.

o

dogridge, Perfect. I don't think you could be more excited than me. lol

amyflora, the iceplant is hardy in my yard east of Raleigh, hasn't died back these last two winters, just stops blooming. Below is a link of the blackberry lily. I love it, but I like oranges. If the Golden Jubilee doesn't make it, how about a monarda 'blue stockings'

Tanya

Here is a link that might be useful: black berry lily

o

Amyflora, I will be glad to bring you a pot of Impatiens omeiana for your blue Monarda.
Magick, you have an ee 'Illustris' for a green and yellow Hosta.

o

Ralph the spinach is yours, no trade. I feel like its just payback. The last swap I went to someone brought a ton of iris and someone else daylilies. For some reason there were lots left at the crazy end when we were all grabbing and then some left over even after that. I took what was left and filled a bed with them. It would have taken me years and much money to get that many iris. They are gorgeous right now and getting ready to do their thing. Hope the frost doesn't get them. I will be forever greatful for that huge haul. Adele

o

Tanya, the white beautyberries are tiny, just sprouted seedlings. I'll bring you at least 3 or 4. Because they're so tiny please please pick something else I can bring you in addition to the bb's. Thanks for the gardenia!

o

OK, sorry I haven't posted much, but I've been a little busy with a new grandchild.

Ais, I have some lycoris and chinodoxia for the ginko

Alicia7b, Iris and daylilies, can I get some Allspice and formosa lily seeds?

Tie tie, If I can get a rice paper plant going in a pot, can I trade it for the tropical hibiscus or some iceplant?

Amyflora, I would like some Kalimeris if you have enough, what can I trade you?

I'm also wanting some Black and Blue Salvia. I got some from Ralph last year, but it kicked the bucket before I could get around to planting it. (sigh, sorry, Ralph). I'd also like some Daphne if anyone has any to trade.

Some of my wants are:
Phygelius Devil's Tears
Brunsvigia radulosa, but I'm sure no one has that one. Not even sure it will survive here.
Clematis Arctic Queen is something I've been wanting for a while. It's a white double.
Clematis armandii Appleblossom - fragrant.
Clematis x triternata Rubromarginata - another fragrant one.
Pink Lilac
White Lilac
Help digging and moving my tropical bed. :-)

I have a ton of the Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) if anyone would like some. Tons of daffodils, but I won't dig unless someone wants some. Mainly the King Alfred and some lighter shades of yellow. I haven't a clue which is which, so that's another pot luck. As I said, some daylilies, but don't know the names, but they're not the ditch lilies nor are they orange. Irises, (tall bearded) another pot luck.

Let me know if we're on, and I'll send all my trades by Mr. and Mrs. Rootdigger.

Thanks,

Vickie

o

Dtpforu - The Kalimeris is yours. This is great. I went to bed last night thinking of how much I want a Rice Paper Plant. Would that be a good trade?

Tietie - I love that blackberry lily. Aren't they great, the way they spiral their petals when they are done blooming? Would you want to trade some Monarda for the ice plant, too?

Man, this is so much fun! I am becoming dependent on checking this thread! Yippee!

o

amyflora, I'll see what I can do about getting you a rice paper plant. They don't transplant well, but if I can get them potted soon enough, I can get them to perk up and start growing in the pots.

Thanks!

Vickie

o

Dirtrx,
Is there anything I have that you would want to trade for some of your Delphinium yunnanensis 'Blue Bouquet'?
Thanks,
amyflora

o

Root, don't worry about the beautyberry being small, the gardenia is just a rooted cutting. Sounds like a perfect trade.

Vickie, I'm so excited about the rice paper plant. I'll bring you a tropical hibiscus

Amyflora, a tiny golden jubulee (if it makes it) and a monarda for a blackberry lily and iceplant

I think I need to start digging.......
Tanya

o

Ais -- any daylilies will do. If you can label them that will be a bonus, but I know how hard it is to keep anything labelled. The weedwacker keeps eating my iris labels.

Vicki, I have Formosa lily seeds and probably a couple of seedlings that I can send but not Allspice. Is there anything else you'd be interested in?

o

i know whatcha mean, tanya. thank goodness it looks like work will cut me some slack next week.

ralph, i would love some of the gold heucharella.

alicia, no worries about lopsidedness. it's only lopsided because i'm giving the stuff to you i owed you in the fall. if you can it's great but no worries if you can't find a royal fern.

urgh- i gotta get moving and start getting stuff covered up.

o
RE: wanted: special trades part ii1

forgot to say ralph, please don't worry about the specific mints- i can get what i'm looking for at bb's, no problem. just thought i'd ask since you had mint on your list. thanks! tam

o

HI Alicia, the formosa lilies, will be ok. I didn't see anything else I could live without right at the moment. LOL

Thanks,
Vickie

o

well, the tomatoes are up. The seeds were collected last year from my garden, so they may have cross pollinated but so far that hasn't been the case. I'll be bringing.....
Beefmaster
Mr Stripey
Galina's White Cherry
Green Zebra
Pineapple
Stan's Roma (this is the roma my FIL grows, I don't remember much about it)

I also have
California Wonder bell pepper
Black beauty eggplant (a few)
squash (a few)
canteloupe (a few)
basil

Tanya

o

Tanya, I am interested in trading for some of your vegetable plants. I am just now planting many of the same varieties and would like one of several of yours to get an earlier start. I will have some other varieties of veggies, or I will trade for them with whatever you like from my Trade List. I will add veggies to the bottom of my list next week, but expect to have four-packs of various leaf lettuce, kohlrabi(Kosssak Hyb), red cabbage(Super 80), Swiss Chard(Bright Lights) and maybe spinach (Renegade).

o

Tanya, would you be interested in trading for canteloupe and basil?

o

Ralph, I'm not putting in a big garden this year due to time constraints. In fact I got a late start on starting seeds this year so they may not give you much of a head start. Tell me which and how many you want or are you wanting one of everything like last year? Just let me know. I mainly started veggies this year because I thought of you. I'm interested in which ever is easier Swiss chard or Spinach, I'm not particularly good with lettuce. And maybe an Arum italicum or tricyrtis if it wouldn't be too lopsided.

Tanya

o

• Posted by jeane 7b Garner NC (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 7, 07 at 16:43

Hello All,
Yea, it's almost time!! I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone have a Red Bud I could have? Or Trade?

2. Whose gonna' feed John??

o

Ais - I'd love to trade you something for daylilies - seems this is the yr to go nuts for them - 4 yrs ago Viburnum, 3 yrs ago Irises, 2 yrs ago Cotoneaster, last yr Fothergilla. Unless you know the real name I am fine with unnamed. I have learned patience (anyone remember me agonizing over the 650 cottage irises I dug from a friend's and had to wait two years to see what colors they were?(now they are everywhere on the acre or so, extras are available). I have some nice native Geranium (Crane's Bill) lav flushed pink for shade, and strawberries. Sedums, of course, especially S. kamtschaticum floriferum 'Weihenstephaner Gold', Lavender Thrift, Toad Lily that Brenda_n_E gave me a couple of yrs ago that is supremely happy, Peacock Moss, Mazus, and a little of the yellow Epimedium.

And, I hope you all know what happens to the Meidland Rose when it is happy. I gave tietie hers and it wants to take over the world, sprouts when it hits dirt, prickles everybody, gets very tall so needs a sturdy 8' fence, but OH! the white clusters of flowers put on a real show. I'm thinking I'll plant the Sweet Autumn Clematis with it to see which thug would win.

dptforu - I think I have an extra 'Arctic Queen' Clematis in a pot - the mama is hiding my electrical box and has flower buds on it so I don't know how/when I could get starts from it.

Nancy the nancedar

o

Nancy,
I'm glad you gave me that meidland rose. I love it and I love that it is so happy and that I've been able to share. I hope I've remembered to forwarn any receipients. I think I have, but if not, my truest apologies. This is the first spring it has gotten a hair cut. DH was so excited that I didn't micro manage his gardening efforts. I just said to cut it to knee high with the hedgers. I love that it is so carefree and OH yes those little white flowers. Who knew something so dainty could be so very very hardy. I think I'm gonna move about 1/2 of it down to my embankment, the part where I fall off of the mower. And let it take over the world down there. Thats my MO, if I don't like to mow a section, it soon gets planted with something. As far as thugs, I could pair meidland with the white flowering raspberry, which is only suitable next to evil neighbors. Not nearly as interesting as your match w/ Sweet Autumn. Maybe we could make a new sport called 'Extreme Botanical Wrestling' they duke it out to the very end. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

Tanya

ps. I've even thought about using it as a green fence.

o

Ralph, are you still interested in some culinary sage? I'd gladly swap you one for a portulaca.

shari1332, any interest in a Christmas cactus for one of your Buddleia lindleyana suckers?

o

moka jo, I'd love to trade one of my B. lindleyanas for your Christmas cactus.

o

Alicia, sorry I missed your post. I'd love to trade for some cleome. Are they starts or seeds? Do you want more than one basil?

Tanya

o

Wow, I am such a slacker! Y'all have been busily planning the specials, and I have just been sitting on the sidelines...

Anyhoo, I have a few just planted cardoon seedlings as well as a couple Manihot grahamii (Hardy Tapioca)2 year old seedlings. I can also dig some Soldidago, and have a colocasia 'Rhubarb' potted up, too.

I am looking for bloodroot as well as a good climbing rose for our area. I can also use a clematis, any color is fine.
As always, I am open to just about anything! :-)

Sally

o

Tanya, the cleome are seeds,as I haven't had much luck germinating them until the weather gets hot. I'd love more than one basil if you can spare it.

I'm going to put the plants I have to trade on my exchange list.

o

Jeane- I can dig a small redbud from our woods.

i am looking for:
euphorbias
sedums
peonies
pink/apricot/white daylilies
grasses
solomon's seal
columbines
unusual ivies

o

Alicia, I did cleome last year from seeds and it was later too. I'll bring you 3 basil for sure and a canteloupe. Do you still have any azalea seedlings left? I'm trying to fill my whole yard with azaleas, camelias and rhodies.

Tanya

o

Tanya,
Yes I have some azalea seedlings left and I'll pot up 3 for you.

o

Alicia, Way cool.

o

Amyflora- the delphiniums haven't seen fit to make an appearance yet :(. If they show up and I have enough to divide you are welcome to some. I am sure I can find something off your list if they come up.

Vickie- I have some B&B salvia dug up for you. Congrats on the new little one!!!! I know you are loving having a baby around. I wish I had some extra baby things to send you but my youngest just turned 7! Dirtrx

o

Dirtrx, Please don't worry about the delphiniums! It turns out we had them at BB!! See you soon!
-amy

o

Nancy, I'll get some daylilies for you. But are you the one who hates red? I need to make sure I don't get you that color if so :) I'd like to trade for a native geranium and some peacock moss.

I'm putting my trades onto my 'trade list' (like others) to keep track. -Ais.

o

updating my trade list...

tanya, can i get a pineapple & mr. stripey tom for the wineberry?

ralph, you never really said what you wanted from that long list i put on the earlier thread. i'll mark you down for all of them & you can let me know any you don't want. the persimmon is grafted, so i don't know how it'd do on own roots, but i'll take a cutting if i recovers from the freeze by then (and i think it will). same with the kiwi- it got frozen pretty good. lots of woody material to cut, though.

i keep forgetting to mention that i have some starts of ranunclus 'buttered popcorn'. some looks like it reverted to the dark green, but still has the variegation, and some is the proper chartreuse. i was thinking of potting a little of each in each pot. most of the green happens to be where i don't want it- it runs, esp in moist soil, so be warned. mine doesn't bloom much, but the foliage is great looking. any takers?

o

Ais - THANKS and yes I am the one who hates red, but I can trade with other people with them for the oranges and yellows I like, if you have some to share. Can I offer you a white Crinum, foamflower (Tiarella) or variegated Solomon's Seal, or perhaps a native Yellowroot Xanthorhiza simplicissima that looks like a foot tall, wide-leaf parsley and is blooming now in dark maroon sprays of flowers (I've included it's description and photo in case anyone else is interested - but I am leary of its medicinal uses, more interesting is that the roots are used for a yellow dye) for more daylilies? I also have a native Sedum 'Widow's Cross' that likes part shade or full sun, unusual pink flowers held like a spray. Does go mostly dormant in winter but spreads after the first year - I put a little piece of it in my lily bed and it is wanting to live life to the fullest all through the emerging lilies.

Nancy the nancedar

Here is a link that might be useful: Yellowroot

o

Woo Hoo, Shannon, thanks for the B&B salvia. What can I bring for you. Also, really, you've been giving me clothes for Kirsten for the past years and I'm just moving them on down to Desi. Hhahahahahahaha, thanks anyway.

Nancedar, for the 'Arctic Queen' Clematis, I know you like daylilies, would you like Fairytale Firecracker? If not, I can go see what else I have.

Thanks,
Vickie

o

---Tanya, I have Arum italicum, a 4-pack of Swiss Chard 'Bright Lights' and a couple of different Tricyrtis (toad lilies) for your Salvia 'Hot Lips' and one each of several of your veggie plants. I will check with you re which ones are available next week.
---Moka_jo, I would love to trade portulaca 'Giant Bicolor' for your cullinary sage. If you have 2 to spare, I can offer two Portulaca or one of it and something else from my trade list?
---Sally, I am interested in your Rhubarb ee - I have ee Fontanesii to trade, or whatever you would like from my trade list if it is available. I am also interested in your several Salvias (Pineapple, Jaime and Indigo Spires). Do I have anything that you would consider trading for one or all of them?
Alicia, do you still have seed of Muhly grass? I am interested in it and your Monarda 'Claire Grace'. I have Monarda 'Jacob Kline' which is very resistant to powdery mildew, but look at my Trade List & let me know if anything interests you.

o

Is it April 21st yet?

I think I got everything potted up for the trade in time to move them into the basement before the freeze.

I have more Hosta than I know what to do with - ALL variegated to some degree... from blueish green & white to green & greenish yellow - at least a dozen - with alot still left in the landscape. Anyone else interested?

Tam - your peonys are potted up & have buds on them :)

o

Ralph,
I do have muhly seeds left. I'd be interested in veggie seeds if you have any left over and the penstemmon with the blue/purple flowers if you still have that.

o

Dana,

Do you happen to have any buddleia 'Ellen's Blue' available? I have a extra pink peony if you'd be interested, or you can look at my pitiful trade list. :)

o

Ralph,

I should be able to dig up a second culinary sage. Another Portulaca would be great, if you have one.

o

Magick - I don't have any "Ellen's Blue" rooted right now. I may have some in the fall.
Dana

o

magick- I am interested in your hosta and pink peony. Is there anything I have that you would be interested in? Most of the stuff I have is on the other post or just name some stuff you are interested in and I can see if I have it.
Krystol

o

Krystol - The Peony & Hosta are yours. Take a look at my wish list, via my link. Not sure what you have, but I'm looking for purple buddlei, orange witch hazel, lavenders... almost anything that has purple, orange or white flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Wish List

o

• Posted by tietie z7b / 8 nc (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 11, 07 at 15:59

Tammy - glad you want some tomatoes too, I was feeling a bit lopsided.

Ralph - perfect. There is also another salvia that has come up. At first I thought it was seedlings but now I think it is prunings that decided to sprout. I'll bring it for you too, Salvia uliginosa or 'bog sage'.

o

Vickie surprise me! Okay except for cannas. The ones you gave a couple of years ago are wonderful and are very good at multiplying lol. Shannon

o

Ralph,

I will trade my 'Rhubarb' EE for some ruellia. I love that plant! I can take cuttings from my Salvia Indigo Spires and get them to you for this swap, but 'Jaime' and "Pineapple' aren't up enough to take cuttings from, so we will have to swap those in the fall! ;-) If you have any agastache left, I'd like some of that, too.

Let me know,

Sally

o

Vickie - Hmmm, not my color scheme with the Firecracker - how about an orange and yellow bicolor or whatever you call it? Like the opposite of Bali Hai (which you shared with me) - such as Fooled Me or Carrot something, yellow with an orange to orange-red heart?

Ralph - I put aside a good bit of Blue-Eyed Grass for you. The Elsa Spath you shared with me last fall is blooming her little heart out but much darker purple than clear blue - still love it. Thanks so much!

Tam - I'll bring several Cherry Tart and Katy Petts (clear blue) mini irises for you - and receive any mini's you have like the yellow you don't like, and your yellow DL's will be happy here with me. Two good sized pots of Sedums and big ol' clump of Peacock Moss (shade only!)for you.

Rootdigger - Big ol' Crinum for you.

Anyone interested in a Tatarian Aster (Aster tataricus)? Great for a decid. back of the border summer/fall screen to entice the butterflies, moths and bees. Pinkish lav flower bunches with yellow button centers. I'll bring it in any case since I need to divide it.

Did I Sedum everyone out (except Shari and Tam)? I now have 18 kinds.

If anyone is bringing seeds, besides me, I'm looking for Okra, orange Cosmos, and Borage. Also need plain ol' edible Sage, or lively Pineapple Sage. (I know, I know, it has RED RED RED flowers - but it is the only thing that blooms when nothing else is!!!!

Triangle John - I am happily on my way growing the seedlings of the imported Italian wrinkled tomato you shared with me last swap. I've heard that they invented Basil just to shred and decorate the coveted wrinkled tomato on a plate. Any truth to that?

Brenda_n_E - Rosemary and veggie-lings for rain lilies - doesn't seem an even trade.

Ais - Peacock Moss and native Geranium for your leftover DL's.

Nancy the nancedar

o

Nancy, Can't wait to see the white crinum and don't forget the sedums and you said something about a reddish orange lily? I wanted to tell you also that the two mini's you brought me last year (Pippi Longstocking was one of them) recently bloomed and they were sooooo sweet. Very different! I'm in love with the minis now. Also I have you down for the cowhorn okra seed. That was the other thing that I kept racking my brain over. Finally remembered!

Does anyone have any formosa lily? I believe the voles got mine a couple years ago and I miss them! The flowers not the voles! Going to put the next ones in a wire basket!

o

Nancy, I've got borage and orange cosmos seed.

Rootdigger, I may be able to get some Formosa lily for you, if I can find the seedlings that I planted last fall. I'll have to do some weeding to try to ferret them out.

Anyone have tiarella, or big plastic pots (3 or 5 gallon)?

o

magick- I can bring you painted fern and some orange AND purple agastache (hummingbird mint) it has orange and purple on the same bloom- I think you will love it!

Krystol

o

I've updated my trade list with plants I could bring. If anyone wants something on the list let me know so I can dig those first.

o

Shari I would be interested in your wax myrtle seedlings. I didn't collect seed this year and I have dug some suckers but those may not be ready to go into the ground until this fall.

o

Krystol - Painted Fern?!?!?! Yippee!!! The agastache sounds very cool!

Shari - I would be interested in your Buddleia lindleyana. Would you care for any hosta?

o

shari- i have a chartreuse groundcover sedum with pointy leaves and a rounded leaf one 'john creech', i think, and can bring you both of those (as much as you want- lol). also have a golden variegated plectranthus i got from tj last year. doesn't get tall- more of a weeper/creeper. i would like some of the miscanthus 'little kitten' and believe it or not, the rudbeckia 'goldsturm'. all these years gardening and i've never had it. i have other ruds, just not goldsturm. let me know if that sounds ok.

nan- i actually like that mini yellow i have (it's too funky not to like), but i won't be able to bring it now, til after it blooms and i see how much i have. my friend gave me a lot of minis, but they were all mixed and so i don't know which is which and how much of each i have til they bloom the first time - i think this spring. i can tag one for you in fall. but i will bring the dl, sib iris, and other tb yellow iris.

o

Nancy- I would love a tartar aster. I have one but it seems tobe taking forever to make a statement.

I'm hoping to add a few more things to my list this afternoon. Shannon/Dirtrx

o
RE: wanted: Ralph- hibiscus

RalphW a couple of Hibiscus' "Red Shield" have made an appearance. They are still tiny but made it through the frost just fine.

o

Brenda, Tammy and Tanya,
The Florida azaleas seedlings aren't looking so good in this wind. I potted them up last week after they'd been in the ground over the winter and they don't look appreciative! Tammy I will try to find a Royal fern but if I can't please look at my list and see if there's anything there that strikes your fancy. Same for you Brenda and Tanya. I should be able to bring at least one seedling apiece but maybe not 3.

o

• Posted by jeane 7b Garner NC (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 12, 07 at 17:27

Thank you dogridge for the red bud, it is very nice of you.

I will be bringing a lot of the usual ie: verbena, shasta daisy, lamb's ear, ajuga, stella doro day lilies, forsythia, for get me nots, blue stokesa, red amaryllis, 2 hibiscus with big root balls, curly ligustrum. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Would like to trade for David's Pholox, any shrubs and shade plants.
Sorry about any spelling errors.

Jeanne

o

Tammy, I caught one fence lizard so far, but I gotta tell ya, I'm kinda getting attached to it! Just kidding - I don't need any more pets. But I set it up in a ten gallon tank for the time being, and this little thing has adapted so well, you'd think it was born in captivity. It ate within an hour of catching it and even let me touch it without trying to get away. It comes out to bask during the day and goes back to its hide to sleep at night. It's such a cool little lizard! The cold weather seems to have sent them into hiding (I hope that's all), so I hope I can get more before Sat.
Dana

o

Does anyone have bronze fennel to trade? i lost mine last year.

o

Alicia, let me know how many Wax myrtle seedlings you want. The birds scatter them all around for me. I'd like to try a swamp rose cutting and maybe an Iris tectorum.

Magick, hosta for B.lindleyana would be great. I'll be growing it in a pot so a small division would be fine.

Tammy, that sounds good to me. It seems like my 'Little Kitten' grows taller than the 15''/30" plumes that PDN lists but I haven't measured it. It's still much smaller than the other varieties. I really like it but I have to move it so I might as well take some divisions. The 'Goldsturm' is great as long as you don't give it really good soil- then it gets greedy.

o

Shari,
Would 3 be too many? I'll bring a swamp rose cutting and Iris tectorum. The I. tectorum will look dreadful because of the recent frosts/freezes but should be OK.

o

Magick, I'll take some of that hosta if you still have extras. My trade list is very modest, but if you need some blue-black salvia, I have big roots with lotsa shoots ready to take over a sunny spot.

o

shari, that's awesome, i also asked you over on the penstemmon thread if i had anything else you wanted for one of the grape ones. and, have you ever grown that one in partial shade? does the fronds on the miscanthus curl like the big ones? that's what i love about miscanthus most. it's ok if it's a bit bigger, just so it's not huge like the regular ones.

alicia- don't worry if they look rough. and 1 is fine. don't worry about the fern. salvia coccinea seeds would be nice (or plants if you have any yet). i had it, but mulched too well and i didn't see any last year.

dana- he sounds so cute! my kids won't want to let him go, either! if you can't get anymore now, we can always do it for the fall swap when they're more active. we haven't actually tried to catch any anoles yet, but we still have some in the cool greenhouse and they are all over outside, so i won't have the kids doing that til mid next week so we don't have to keep them captive long. turtles went back outside today and they looked soooo content basking in the sun. we were at petsmart today and i couldn't believe they were selling common green tree frogs for $15 each. sheesh- come summer we have 1 on each window most every night & we have 2 or 3 in the greenhouse. found a baby grey in some flats today. so cute!

o

Is 'Sour Grapes' Penstemon a sprawling evergreen plant with large darkpurple flowers? If so, that is what I have.
---Dogsridge, I have Bronze Fennel plants - how many would you like? I also have a Verbena bonarensis or two.
---Woodsworm, would you like a Celandine Poppy for a Carolina Allspice?
---Alicia7b, I have several different named Foamflower / Tiarella (see my Trade List) plus an unnamed variety or two and some seedlings.

o

Ralph, yes it is. You probably got yours from me.

Alicia, how about a Mutabalis cutting and some Salvia roemeriana seed for the penstemon? I'll bring you at least 3 Wax myrtles BTW.

Tammy, my original planting spot gets some late afternoon shade but not much. Yes the Miscanthus plumes curl- I like it too. How about some Iris cristata and an Aloha rose cutting? I think this is my year for trying out roses. I've never grown any.

o

I forgot to add I have some self sown Salvia transylvanica babies I can dig if anyone wants them.

o

Woodsworm - I'd love some Carolina Allspice, if you have any left. If not, the Salvia would be great.

o

Shari - I'd like some S. transylvanica babies. What can I trade you for them?
Dana

o

Shari- I would love some salvia transylvanica. I have it wintersown but I would rather hedge my bets. Let me know if you see something which interests you. Alot of my wintersowing list is inaccurate because I got a late start and things aren't germinating just yet. And a couple of things that have germinated are still tiny but seem healthy. Shannon/Dirtrx

o

Hi everyone! I went out of town, and missed this excitement so much!

-Tamelask, I would love some of your Ranunculus 'Buttered Popcorn'. Is there anything I might offer you?

-Shari1332, I have Single Apricot Korean Mum, if you might want to trade for your Salvia Transylvanica.

I feel like I did as a kid, counting down to Christmas, except I can't sneak into my parents' closet to get a preview. Hee, hee. -amy

o
RE: wanted: Special trades part ii

Does anyone have any of the bicolor blue/purple & white Salvia? I'd love to find some!!!

o

I'm still desperate for beautyberries, either seedlings or plants. Prefer (purple) American Beautyberry but will cherish white as well. My modest trade list is http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/woodsworm

Looking forward!

o

Magic, I have the common passion flower if you would like that. I also have St John's Wort "Albury Purple". I know it is not the hypericum you have listed but if you are interested... if you have any hostas left I would love some. Shannon/Dirtrx

o

Shannon - Sounds great!! I have PLENTY of Hosta. I'll add you to my list.

I know it may be zone pushing, but I'd love to find some white sage too - anyone grow this?

o

Tammy, I'll bring you Salvia coccinea seeds. Our trade seems lopsided so if there's anything else you want let me know.

Ralph, How about trading for Tiarella Snowflake?

Shari that sounds good. Is there anything else you want in exchange for Salvia transylvanica?

o

woodsworm, would cuttings of beautyberry help you? I have two small beautyberry "Early Amethyst" that I planted last fall. (It may be exotic rather than native?) They're currently starting to leaf out. I have no idea how to propagate them, though. If you have propagation-from-cuttings instructions for them I'd be happy to help.

o

alicia, since you're twisting my arm, can i get some seed for s. roemeriana & ruellia "midnight"(dark purple foliage? flower? invasive? not finding much info on the web. :)

shari, that sounds fine. i got a couple penstemons from ralph last year, but other than husker's red none were evergreen, so i'm guessing i don't have grapes.

magick, when you say white sage, what sage do you mean? no harm in zone pushing- you never know til you try. when you say blue & white salvia i'm guessing you mean 'victoria', which is perennial about 1/2 the time here, even though it's labelled as an annual. if noone has it, garden centers sell 4 -6 packs of it cheap.

o

Tam - 'White sage' - Salvia apiana, also known as California White Sage. My "Gardens" keep morphing in my mind. I have a great (sunny, hot & sandy) place to push my zone - and I love the smell of white sage. Thanks for the heads up on the Salvia. Your Peony looks like it will be ready to bloom by the swap :)

o

Alicia, Thank you!.. What would you like for the formosa lily?

Shannon, I have you down for sedums and hardy begonia for your white iris and viburnum. I was checking out your list would love some of your salvias "Argentina Sky" and "May Night" and the rebar shepard's crook if they're still available and I have something else you'd like? I updated my trade list.

o

Tammy Ruellia "Midnight" is something that I got in a GardenWeb seed exchange -- when I googled it I found a photo showing a dwarf ruellia with a dark purple flower. I can't tell you if it's invasive or not like the native one.

Rootdigger, how about trading for white digitalis?

o

ok alicia- sounds good to me. the one i have is med sized, not too runny (but is in a spot where it could only go so far), and a med purple, not dark.

thanks for the info on the white sage, magick. what does it smell like? i love the scent of clary sage, which to me is an herby grapefruit. and of course, who doesn't like pineapple sage scent? i'm excited about the peony. i have an area i want to put a bunch of them, and have been saving some up for a while. i just sprouted some seeds that had been in soil for a year stratifying of a single rose red color. i know it'll be a few years before they bloom, but i'm excited about a single. i bought 'scarlet o'hara' last yr- the prettiest single i've yet seen.

o
RE: wanted: special trades part iii

amyflora- i forgot to address your ?. i have you down for poppy, larkspur and nigella seeds as well as 'buttered popcorn'. i'd asked for monarda blue stockings a while back. contraband girl would work if you want to add one more. thanks! tam

o

Fri, Apr 13, 07 at 16:13

Alicia, don't worry if you don't have 3 azaleas. Maybe they'll show up in time for the fall swap.

Tanya

o

Magick..I think I can get you some white sage. If you would like to trade I would love some orange daylilies. I'm not going to the swap but my friend Amy is so I could send it up with her. Adele

o

I should have enough Salvia babies for all 4 of you. This is my first year with them so I'll let you know if I have problems digging them.
Dana, could I have one of your 'Bengal Tiger' cannas?
Shannon, I'd like to try 'Albury Purple' Hypericum.
amyflora, SAK sounds great.
and Alicia, I'd love a cutting of 'Sir Thomas Lipton'.

Hopefully I'll be able to get at least 4 babies a piece for you. Mine bloomed first year and I know some of these babies germinated last fall.

o

Adele - That would be awesome!!! I can definately send Amy home with plenty of orange day lilies for you :) Any advise on growing the sage in zone 7?

o

Shari - I've got you down for Bengal Tiger then. Thanks!
Dana

o

Shari- the St John's Wort just went. I can bring you cuttings though. I have the momma. Nn need to add that as a trade. I'm always nervous about bringing unrooted cuttings.

o

OK, who's got the white salvia???? I would like some of that, anything on my list you need?

keithrnjd, I have some bloodroot that I got at the local arboretum at Tanglewood a couple of weeks ago. It had 5 bulblets. I could give you 2 if you like for some cardoon or hardy tapioca?

nancedar, I can dig you some carrot crest. this is a double and I think you will like it. I think it's gorgeous!

Here's what I have so far:

Ais - Lycoris, Chinodoxia for Ginko
Alicia7b Iris & Daylilies for Formosa Lily Seeds & Seedlings
Tie tie Rice Paper for Tropical hibiscus
Amyflora - Rice Paper for Kalimeris
nancedar - Carrot Crest for Artic Queen Clematis
???keithrnjd - Bloodroot for hardy tapioca or cardoon ???
dirtx - Surprise for B&B salvia

Thanks,
Vickie

o

Nancy, sorry I didn't respond earlier. I was out of town (grandfathers funeral, sniff). I am sure I can get some more daylilies for you and am very interested in both the yellowroot and the sedum.
Vickie, what else can I get you? 2 for one isn't fair and the ginko is small.

o

Vickie- I just went outside and the "Sweet Kate" you gave me last year has already filled out and is blooming. It is so bright and cheery. Do you have anymore of that? I have more spots I'd love to light up like Kate is doing to my other bed. Shannon

o

Shannon- if you still have Helenium that would work instead.

Alicia, if you think it would be better we can wait on the rose cuttings. I'll bring your plants to the swap and we can meet later for those.

o

Shari, that sounds fine. I can bring Christmas cactus cuttings then too if you want them.

o

Sun, Apr 15, 07 at 12:35

All my special trades are on my exchange page. Please make sure I haven't left anyone out.

Tanya

o

dirtx, I'm sorry, I don't have any more of the Sweet Kate. I really don't care for Spiderwort, so I gave it to you last year. :-) However, the "suprise" I have for you is on your want list. Solomon Seal!

aidgecko, what do you have? I don't mind giving. But if you have something I can't live without, let me know. hehehehehehehehehe
Thanks,

Vickie

o

NEW POST/FIRST POST TO THIS THREAD
Oh my gosh, I almost missed the swap!!!!! I have the following:

HOT LIPS SALVIA (Salvia Microphylla)(large,in ground,will dig and pot))
AUCUBA JAPONICA (seedling about 6")
ANGELS TRUMPET (Brugmansia) (yellow) (potted, large)
KARL FORESTER REED GRASS (Camagrostis acutiflora) 1 qt pot
MULLIGAN'S CLIMBING ROSE (Rosa mulligani)(about 1 foot high, app 2 years old, potted, white blooms)

Wants: Lavender (except Spanish), Rose 'Hot Chocolate', Viburnums, Raspberries, evergreen shrubs, native hollies, white forsythia, Cranesbill (hardy geranium blue or violet), Phlox (both woodland and sun varieties), Scabiosa blue, Caryopteris, anything woodland or that does clay in part sun or try me!

o

Moka_jo yes, I'd be happy for the "early amethyst" beautyberry cuttings.

magick, I have you some Carolina Allspice

Ralphw -- I have some Carolina Allspice for you, and I'd NEVER turn down one of your celadine poppies!
Thanks

o

Sorry, I've been away for a week - most everything made it thru cold while I was gone except Impatiens arguta- may be live at base, wait and see for a couple of days. Otherwise please check this and let me know where I've got it wrong....

Special Trades
Shannon: Phlomis russelliana and Coleus 'Inky Fingers'or 'Full Moon'(for Agastache 'Pink Pop' and 'Sunset' Echinacea)
Tammy: Fuchsia cascading 'Sanihanf' and black cohosh(for columbine and Veronica 'Georgia Blue')
Dana Hollyclyff: 'Lovechild' (for mystery salvia)
Ralph: Bloodroot, I.zombensis, paintpen, Tiarella 'Iron Butterfly',Salvia'Love Child',Viola'Dancing Geisha',Hypericum'Albury Purple',Fuchsia cascading'Sanihanf',Impatiens arguta 'Blue Dream',Malva'Braveheart',Hibiscus'Lemon Slice',Penstemon'Husker Red',Tricyrtis hirta'Variegata',Salvia koyame,Scabiosa atropupurea,Zephyranthes 'Le Buffarosea', Caryopteris 'Worcester Gold'(for Caryopyeris incana 'Sunshine Blue', Disporum sessile 'Variegatum', heucheras)
Carole Woodsworm: Bloodroot and beautyberry(for native fern and maybe trillium?)
Nancy: White rain lily (for rosemary)
Alicia: Calycanthus floridus (for azeala seedling)
Rootdigger: pink dinner plate hibiscus, Impatiens arguta 'Blue Dream',Black cohosh (for LA iris and black-purple passalong mini-iris)
John: Impatiens omeiense and Echinacea 'Magnus' (for Plectranthus agentus, Impatiens 'Jungle Gold' and confederate rose hibiscus)
Hightider:datura (triple purple or large fragrant white?) (for a confederate rose)
Amyflora: Prunus mume X 2, Impatiens arguta 'Blue Dream' (LA iris 'Contraband Girl' and 'Gamecock')
Dogridge: Prunus mume (for Akebia)
Ais: Black Cohosh and Penstemon (for Ancanthus and Rose 'Fairy')

o

Vickie (dtpforu) I would love to trade a tapioca for the bloodroot, thanks!

See you at the swap!

Sally

o

Shari- have you down for Helenium and cuttings of St John's for salvia trans. I translplanted some (Helenium)a few weeks ago and they were unhappy for a short time. They seem to need extra water at first (more than the normal transplant) but then settle in quite nicely. They should bloom this year. I wintersowed them last year. I would say that I would get these into the ground first. Some transplant are abled to be ignored but I don't think this is one of those. I think they will be fine but wanted to give you a heads up.

Vickie would love love love to have Solomon's Seal. Lately, I have seen several combos with SS. Sorry Kate didn't do it for you but she's a definitely adding something to my garden. Shannon

o

Woodsworm, ok, I'll see what I can do. I was reading that they will root in sand, so I'll try to set up a couple of cuttings that way. It sounds like it's a bit early to be taking the cuttings, but it's worth a shot! Any chance I could get a little of your kalanchoe? Thanks!

o

yotedog - I just got a Hot Coco Rose, if you know how to root it, I'll bring you a cutting... Let me know

o

Vickie, I've got 'suncrest' and un-named orange asiatic lilies, japanese anemones 'Richard Ahrens', a tiny 'the Fairy' rose, 'Dilys' hardy geranium, pink lespedeza (I think it's 'gibraltar' or 'pink fountain' because I got it at PDN and it's never seeded around like some lespedezas), some daylilies, Hypericum calycinum, acanthus, mayapples, a tiny 'taube' hydrangea all potted up for the general swap. If you want any of those I will set it aside. My trade list is mostly up to date so if you see something on there I can try to dig it up. -Ais.

o

If I have a special trade with you please check on my member page under the "Seeds I have to trade" section to see if I have everything correct please. It has been a crazy week but I think I have most of my trades listed. I probably won't do any special trades after Wednesday just so I have time to make sure that everything is divided and boxed so if you wanna trade ...type now or wait for Saturday. If I have forgotten anyone or anything please don't hesitate to post. I don't trust the gardenweb email. Too many emails have been lost in cyberspace and I don't want anyone to be shortchanged. The Black and Blue salvias will be grouped together off to the side so people can just grab those as they walk by. I don't want to take up table space. Counting down the days!!!! Shannon/Dirtrx

o

Magick, I am so sorry but I could not get the white sage for you. I checked from my computer at home and it was on our plant list at work but I checked at work and we do not carry it anymore. I asked the owner and he said that it just does not perform well here. When I had googled it I read much the same. It doesn't stand up to our heat or humidity. So sorry. Adele

o

Adele - no worries :) I may just have to order it to try.

o

Thanks Magick, I'd love any you could spare. Sent you an email, FYI

o

Yote - It's a beautiful rose!!! I picked up Hot Coco & a Cl Butterscotch. I don't know how to root anything, but I'll do some research so I can get you a good cutting. I didn't get your e-mail... Tammy@MagickButterfly.com

o

Here is what I have so far. Let me know if I've left anyone out or gotten anything wrong. My organization skills are lousy.

John - ? for Spicebush
Ralph - pardancanda, butterflyweed, mystery salvia, salvia Blue Hill for Veronica 'Waterperry', Euonymus fortunei 'Gracilis' and I'm not sure what else? Maybe heucherella 'SIR gold', trillium?
Brenda - mystery salvia for 'Lovechild' salvia
Alicia - alumroot for iris brevicaulis
Tanya - solidago, pardancanda for iceplant, hibiscus
Moka jo - butterflyweed for carnations
Cutternumber - daylily? for jack-in-the-pulpit

Cutter - I have a list of the daylilies I'm bringing on my trade page if you want to let me know which one you want.
Or if you want tomatoes/peppers let me know that too.

Does anyone have any 'May Night' salvia to trade?

Dana

o

I think I have it all down but check and let me know if I've made any mistakes please.

AIS - foxglove for gingko
Alicia - white butterfly ginger, purple iris, white foxglove and miniature iris for Iris brevicaulis, Phlox divarcata, Iris tectorum and Formosa Lily
Amyflora - mini iris for Kalimeris
Brenda - LA iris and purple/black passalong iris for Impatiens arguta 'Blue Dream,' pink dinner plate hibiscus and Black Cohosh.
Cutter - surprise assortment de'jour
John - red Valerian
Krystol/Dogridge - verbena bonariensis and white Foxglove for redbud and boulders
Magick - White Beauty Berry babies
Moka Jo - sedum de'jour for dianthus caryophyllus - Carnation "Clove Drops. Sorry still no show on the Night Blooming Jasmine. :(
Ralph - Armenian Cuke seeds
Shannon - sedums and hardy begonia for white iris and viburnum
Tammy - lamium, foxglove, H. tara and lindernia for ferns, zuke seed and cymbularia/Kennilworth Ivy

o
RE: special trades part ii

Oops, I did leave something off. Alicia I also have CL Zepherine rose cuttings for CL Old Blush rose cuttings.

o

Dana- I have a May Night. Do you have San Carlos Festival available? Shannon/Dirtrx

o

This is my trade list so far (also found on my trade list). If I am missing anyone, please let me know:

Tamelask
kiwi cuttings(M&F), black & red rasp, wineberry, mullberry
Trade For: Peony & Hosta

Dirtrx
"Black and Blue" Salvia, common passion flower, St John's Wort "Albury Purple"
Trade For: Hosta

Dogridge
Painted fern, orange & purple agastache
Trade for: Peony & Hosta

Rootdiggernc
White beautyberry Seedlings
Trade For: ?????

Tietie
Rooted gardenia cuttings
Trade For: Azaleas

Ralphw
ee 'Illustris'

Shari1332
B.lindleyana

Wormswood
Carolina Allspice

Here is a link that might be useful: Trade/Wish List

o

Magick, thanks for finding one of my mistakes. I think that was TieTie/Tanya's white beauty berry. They are teeny tiny baby seedlings and I have enough if you'd like a couple?

Titie, I do have you down for white beautyberry for a gardenia.

o

Here is my trade list. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Brenda_near_Eno: Florida azalea seedlings for sweetshrub

Tamelask: Cinammon fern, Iris tectorum, Cyrilla cuttings, American snowbell cuttings, Salvia coccinea seed, Florida azalea seedlings for sweetshrub, plumbago, Campanula "Cherry Bells", Campanula Bells x takesimanna, black raspberry, wineberry, and Buddleia.

Rootdiggernc: Iris brevicaulis, Phlox divarcata, Iris tectorum, and cutting Rose "Climbing Old Blush" for white butterfly ginger, purple iris, miniature black iris, and rose cutting "Zephirine Drouhin".

Ais: Ebony spleenwort, Cinammon fern, and 2 Southern lady fern for daylilies.

Krystol: LA iris for white bearded iris

Dana: Iris brevicaulis for alumroot

Vicky: Formosa seed and seedlings for daylilies, iris

Tanya: Cleome seed and Florida azalea seedlings for 3 basil and canteloupe

RalphW: Purple muhly seed and Monarda "Claire Grace" for Tiarella "Snowflake"

Shari: Rosa "Mutabilis" cutting, Rosa "Sir Robert Lipton" cutting, and Salvia roemeriana
seed for Penstemon "Sour Grapes", 3 wax myrtle seedlings, and Salvia transylvanica

o

ok- here's my list so far. i have put a question mark behind anything i noticed was missing from the other's list or i never received confirmation on.

Root/deb: ebony spleenwort, jap painted fern, cymbularia, zuke seeds, for lamium, foxgloves, tara ginger, black stem ee?, white malvas?
Brenda: georgia blue, columbines (not cana), for hardy fuchsia, black cohosh
Ralph: zuch seeds, melon seed, aremenian cuke, cutting of phygelia, caneberries, white nicotiana, kiwi cuttings (they turned black with the frost, but may re-leaf by then), marion stewart cuttings, jujube cuttings, pomegranate cuttings, persimmon cuttings?(also black from freeze) for waterperry blue, Tiarella 'Chocolate Mint' & 'Snowflake', Disporum, and EE 'Black Magic', Heucherella 'Strike It Rich Gold', batface cuphea
Alicia: veilchenblau cuttings?, carolina allspice, plumbago, cherry bells, camp cross, wineberry, black & red raspberry, buddleia for cinnamon fern, swamp cyrilla cuttings, roof iris, azaleas, royal fern?, styrax cutting, ruellia?, s. roemeriana? & s. coccinea seeds
Nancedar: yellow tb iris, sib iris, apricot daylilies, hyperion dayliles for mini irises, selengella, shade sedum & native sedum,
Dogridge/krystol: vinca!, apricot daylilies, nepeta, hosta seedlings? for rue seedlings, boulders
Magick: berry plants, kiwi cuttings, mulberries for hostas, peony
Ais:wood phlox, for jap anemone,
John: plects, for jungle gold, but we can swap whenever
Moka jo: sedums, lemon/lime thyme, asclepias seed, ice plant, for yellow/red yarrow
Amyflora: seeds- poppy, larkspur, nigella, 'buttered popcorn' ranunclus, hellebores for adele for blue stockings monarda?, contraband girl?
Tanya: wineberry, black raspberry for stripey & pineapple toms, peach iceplant
Dana: swap lizrads; for ellen's blue buddleia cuttings?
Cutter: mock orange cuttings? for rice paper plant?
Shari: chartreuse & 'john creech' sedum, gold coin plectranthus, iris cristata, 'aloha' cutting for miscanthus 'little kitten', rudbeckia 'goldsturm', grape penstemmon

please let me asap if you notice anything amiss. thanks! tam

o

SPECIAL TRADES-WEBNAME-plant I'm bringing,(plant or seeds I am getting)

* Dogridge-Iris virginica 'Contraband Girl', (?)

* Brendaneareno-I.'Cont. Girl','Gamecock',(Prunus mume, I. arguta 'Blue Dream')

* Rootdigger-Kalimeris pinnafitida,(mini black iris)

* Ralphw-Monarda 'Bbue Stockings', Climbing Spinach from Adele(Impatiens omiensis or something like that! :D)

* Tie-tie-Agastache 'Golden Jubilee' seedlings, Monarda 'Blue Stockings',(blackberry lily, peach iceplant)

* Dtpforu-K. pinnafitida,(rice paper plant, if possible)

* Shari1332-Single Apricot Korean Mum,(Salvia transylvanica)

o

Tammy I'm still interested in the Veilchenblau cuttings. I have the Ruellia and Salvia roemeriana seeds. If I don't find a Royal fern before Sat. and I do this summer I'll bring it to the fall swap.

o

Dana, you left off our Salvia transylvanica for "Bengal Tiger' canna.

The rest of my trades:
Nancedar- Sedum kamtschaticum forma variegatum and Sedum takesimense for Sedum album 'Coral Form' and 'Blue Spruce'

moka jo- Buddleia lindleyana for Christmas cactus

Tammy- Miscanthus 'Little Kitten', Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm', and Penstemon 'Sour Grapes' for chartreuse and John Creech sedums, Plectranthus, Iris cristata, and Aloha rose cutting.

Magick- Buddleia lindleyana for hosta

Alicia- Wax myrtle seedlings, Penstemon 'Sour Grapes', and Salvia transylvanica for 'Mutabilis' and 'Sir Robert
Lipton' rose cuttings, Iris tectorum, and Salvia roemeriana seeds

Amy- Salvia transylvanica for Single Apricot Korean mum

Shannon- Salvia transylvanica for Helenium

o

moka_jo, the kolanchoe is yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here