Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Anyone have ladybugs to trade for...

Posted by flowersnorma123 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 27, 06 at 12:49

lady's mantle or ostrich ferns?
My rose bushes are being attacked by aphids.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Anyone have ladybugs to trade for...

I don't have ladybugs, but I sprayed my roses with a strong jets of water a few times and they moved on. Good luck. -Ais.

o

I wanted ladybugs too so I built some houses for them

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I put some fresh dill in there and they are showing up in force now :)

I made three of them

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I may make some more and and sell them if I get enough orders :)

Termater

Here is a link that might be useful: Ladybug House

o

Termater, those houses are TOO CUTE! I didn't know you could attract them that way. I almost never spray for bugs because I hate to use chemicals and although some things get chomped I usually find that the garden balances itself out. So when the aphids show up the ladybugs are usually not far behind. Housing them to attract more certainly couldn't hurt! -Ais.

o

Hi Termater!
Will you make more? Very cute, especially if it works! I have a few ladybugs, but would love to give them a home and attract more. How much :-)
and will you bring them to the fall raleigh plant swap (if you are coming)? (someone bring some dill too (smile))
Jean

o

does dill growing in the garden attract ladybugs?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here