Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hightider_gw

WANTED: last minute trades raleigh sprinng swap

hightider
16 years ago

just dug up the following and if any body is intrested in pre trades let me know 12 miscanthus grass with stripe 6 fountain grass or maiden grases green both grases about two feet high 4 zebra grases 4 ft. 8 hevey metal 6ft high pond plants 6 yellow flag ires 2 la. jlight blue 30 water hycinths sweet flag have difernt home depot water lillies for lotus lillies ,7 day lilies more if wanted all lowes choice 4sea shore mallows more if wanted sedum compact yellow flower 2 weeping yucca gal pots 4 cast iron plant 12 small lilliums 2carpet roses all not asked for will be up for grabs also would like to trade hosta bright lights for named brand hosta

Comments (19)

• nancyofnc
    16 years ago

I'd like the Zebra grass and daylilies but don't have Hosta's to trade except 'Patriot'. Anything else you'd trade for?

Nancy the nancedar

• hightider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nancedar will save you several zebra grass would love hosta patriot also three pots of day lillies and three more of a differnt type for some of your sedums if there up mine are 6inches high and they bloom yellow if you dont have that type let mr know thanks hightider

• yotedog
    16 years ago

I'd love the cast iron plants, but none of my hosta are named. Actually, I'm sure they are named, but I inherited them so I don't know the names!! Anything else you'd be interested in?
    I've got some small, just rooted Joseph's Coat climbing rose, Hot Lips Salvia (large), large pot of culinary sage, Mulligan's climbing rose, Black and Blue Salvia, Red Hardy Hibiscus (large pot), off the top of my head. Thanks

• nancyofnc
    16 years ago

hightider - What you probably have is Sedum kamtschaticum, mine is up and blooming too, it is the first every year. I have a clump of purpleish tipped leaf S. kamtschaticum floriferum 'Weihenstephaner Gold' (where do they get these names????) to bring you to plant next to your S.k. Also S. 'Blue Spruce', and what I call 'little pine trees' S. sexangulare - its yellow blooms are twice the height of this mini S. and pretty spectacular though it does like a little shade from the Western sun. Also, S. 'Dr. John Creech' which blooms pink, and S. oryzifolium 'Tiny Form' which is very light green that turns pink in winter! Did you want some native S. 'Widow's Cross' too? All this and the H. 'Patriot'.

Nancy the nancedar

• hightider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nancedar that sound really great will bring you 9 day lillies from difrent patches also three zebra grass well rooted

• Hollyclyff
    16 years ago

hightider - did you see my post on the special trades part iii thread regarding hydrangeas and cannas?
    Dana

• Ralph Whisnant
    16 years ago

Hightider, I can bring you several different Hostas including dwarf 'Lemon Lime' - I am interested in all of the different day lilies and a clump of each of the grasses. Please look at my trade list for other things you might like. If you are interested in plants that like moisture, I also have Acoris (Sweet Flag)with yellow foliage, Mazus reptans, Cardinal flowers and native Arrowleaf (Peltandra). Most of the ee's /colocasia do well in damp to wet environments. I have available the plain green leaf elephant ears in addition to "Illustris', 'Black Magic' and fontanesii.

• hightider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ralph i will bring two of each type of grases i have zebra grass maiden grass miscanthus and morning light hevey mettal astec grass will bring you six day lilies two of each type what you can bring if you have any cardinal flowers mazus reptans several fontanesii any giant E E i noticed on your plant list some of the following bleeding heart brugmansi cala lilies if available i see where you want yellow and green hosta i have some bright lights and also a new type of white buterfly weed i have some great water lillies if you are into pond plants let me know

• alicia7b
    16 years ago

Hightider would you be interested in trading LA iris and/or Carolina bog mint for daylilies?

• hightider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

alicia be glad to bring you some la. irises dont have carolina bog mint any day lilies will be fine

• hightider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hollyclyff icould not find your post i am bringing you 2 hevey metal varigdated lacecap and still looking for the lady in red

• alicia7b
    16 years ago

Hightider, I've got the La. iris (lavender/pink) and Carolina bog mint. Would you be interested in those and do you have daylilies left to trade?

• Ralph Whisnant
    16 years ago

Hightider, I would love some of the white Butterfly weed and Hosta 'Bright Lights' in addition to the grasses and day lilies. I will bring you several Cardinal flowers, a pot of Mazus reptan, one each elephant ears 'Black Magic', Illustris' and 'Fontanessi' (if you want them?), a Brug 'Charles Grimaldi'(apricot colored) and a gallon pot of Bleeding Heart in full bloom. I do not have any Calla Lilies and do not have any place for water lilies. If you would also like any or all of the following, I still have a good supply of them. Impatiens omeiana, Lysimachia congestiflora 'Outback Sunset', Ajuga 'Chocolate Chip', Portulaca 'Giant Bicolor', Veronica 'Waterperry', Dwarf Mondo Grass, Sweet Woodruff, Penstemon 'Sour Grapes?', Mexican Petunia (Ruella), Bronze Fennel and Mexican Butterfly weed aka Bloodflower(Asclepias curassavica).

• hightider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

alicia would love the pink la. iris and and carolina bog mint will bring some day lilies and iris

• hightider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ralph you sure do have a lot of plants the ajuga and the bronze fennel would be nice thanks

• MagickMare
    16 years ago

Does anyone happen to have any Irish Moss, Unicorn Soft Rush or Madison Confederate Jasmine? I have Variegated Hosta, Rose clippings, plain orange daylilies... See my trade list at the link below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Trade List

• moka_jo
    16 years ago

Magick,

I started a bunch of Irish Moss/Pearlwort (Sagina subulata) from seed this spring. It's still REALLY little at this point, and is residing in my Seedling Spa (peat plugs in a seed starter under grow lights). If you like, I can pot up a couple of plugs of it for you. Just be aware that it's really small and not hardened off at this point, so may be likely to croak without a bit more TLC. Also I see you have it listed under Sun Lovin' on your trade list -- I'm not sure it's all that down with the full sun in the South. The little bit I have in my garden survived on the shadiest/wettest part of my rock path, but bit it anywhere it got more sun. Then again I didn't water it, either, so YMMV. :-)

• MagickMare
    16 years ago

Moka - Plugs would be great! I've got plenty of shade too. I've just fallen in love with the softness of it. Let me know if anything I have is of interest.

• moka_jo
    16 years ago

Magick, a couple of plugs of Irish Moss it is, then. Don't worry about bringing anything for them.

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company