Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairycove

wanted: heat loving summer plants: veggies, cosmos, dahlias, can

fairycove
15 years ago

Just moved here 6 weeks ago with hubby and our four children...from just west of Portland, OR and am SO EXCITED to grow warmer heat loving plants! I feel a little out of my realm tho, gardening in my neighborhoods is very green/tidy/shrubby.

I have always LOVED perennials and am hankering to put more in! They are expensive...tho so far I have got one nice sun border planted

ANY offerings of DAHLIAS (esp. apricot or dk leaf or deep reds or whites or....) would be greatly appreciated. I just couldn't bear to part with the cash when I didn't even see varieties I wanted.

Also would love HOSTAS suitable for borders..still want to put a semi-formal along front walk wished I had more hostas in this yard..mostly LIRIOPE will be my edger...I'll fit in at least : )

COSMOS have none :(

Zinnia, bought some but always love more!

Vegies

Grasses

Fuchsias

Lobelia

Agapanthus

Canna

I spotted a farm type supply store on S. Elm that seems to have some vegies, but if anybody has any extras, they will be planted immediately...we have a corner of the garden tilled and ready : )

I used to have so many gardens...and traded SO MUCH over the years on gardenwebs (hosting exchanges, propagating!!, plant swaps, shipping plants, digging my natives in OR....) I have always found the GW community to be very generous.

I suppose I should start a new wish list, it is empty and erased now..it used to be so extensively long! Don't let my empty bio fool you...

Thanks in advance, and surely thanks for the welcome, I am sure I will get to know many of you! Thanks for offers of flowering items as they are welcomed...I have made room in garden and don't want to plant after JUNE 1st....

My husband and I are really enthused about renovating the yard which was well-loved by an older couple now gone...and needing much pruning and tending!

Thanks!

Meagan

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz