Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Plant swap in the rock hill or charlotte area

Posted by tcd_1 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 23, 06 at 7:59

I am a newbie and would love for there to be a plant swap in the rock hill or charlotte are. I have never even set one up so if you live by either of these palces and you want to try to have a plant swap let me know and i will be glad to tryand help a litte.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Plant swap in the rock hill or charlotte area

Darn, you just missed one a few weeks back in Northeast Charlotte.
You might put up a list of some of the plants you would like and then hook up with the folks who respond.

o

Hi, tcd,

I'm in Fort Mill, and I have lead plant swaps before for CHOA (Charlotte Outdoor Adventures). I'll let you know when we have another. In the meantime, I'd be happy to swap with you, although I am a newbie, too. Are you looking for anything in particular? I have shasta daisies, both single and double blooming, that I would share, and some creeping jenny, and there are always four o'clocks. I've got lots of melampodium volunteers that you could have. If you like hyacinths, I've got bulbs I will give you -- I only like the grape hyacinths. You could also have a cutting of my pineapple sage -- it does really well.

Anyway, let me know if you'd like anything, and what you have to share, and maybe we can start swappin'!

Jan

o

ted - I paricipated in the Charlotte spring swap - only four gardners showed up, but we had fun! The great thing about the swap was that I met some wonderful gardening friends. We talked about another swap this fall -the really best time for gardeining in my opinion.

What about it seedbandit momoftwoboys and Sandy - - any interest? I'll be glad to help coordinate.

Jan - I live in Belmont, so if there is a Fort Mill swap I would love to help out.

Judy

o

Hi -- I'm a newbie, too, but always looking for more plants!
We're in York.
I have tons of daylilies, cannas, probably some columbine seedlings coming up...lots of basil right now, too.
Thanks!
Cheney

o

Yes this fall sounds good to me. We could all meet at Sandies house. There is plenty of room and it is beautiful over there. PLus she has lots of goodies to share HEE HEE. Also babylou sandy said to come dig Daylilies let me know I will email you her number. Keep us posted. Jennifer

o

Hi ya'll,

I couldn't make the swap a few weeks ago but would really like to be part of one this fall. Please keep me updated.

Cherie

o

Jennifer - I sent you an email with my phone number. Please let Sany know I would love to come dig! A fall swap at her place would be wonderful. Hope to hear from you soon, Judy

o

The spring swap conflicted with something else I had previously scheduled. But would love to participate in a fall swap if I have time to get some stuff started! I will probably have some extra rooted Westerland rose and some Fragrant Memory rose cuttings! Which Sandy is it? Forum name? I want to know if it the same one I know who is so generous...

Oh, I may have some custom poured step stones if anyone would be interested in those. I can send pictures of ones I have done....

o

hi sandy. I wanted to get the plant swap going. I was wondering where you lived. Let me now if we can do it at your house because that is what somebody said. LEt me know where you live. Email me at ncstategurl_1@yahoo.com if you are intrested.

o

Now you know, if ya'll ladies get together... I'm in!!! Hadn't spotted this thread earlier as I hadn't been near the puter. My mother & brother were down from PA for an 'extended visit' and they just left yesterday.

I doubt I'll have much to trade as I've been bitten by the 'brugmansia bug' and have been consumed with them all summer long! My deck out back looks like a brug farm!! Maybe I'll have some rooted cuttings.

Mother nature hasn't been very kind this year with the rain and my gardens look pitiful. Anyhow, let me know what ya'll come up with.

Nancy

o

I am bumping this up because I don't want it to be forgotten....

o

Anyone given this any more thought? I'm growing more and more envious of the Raleigh and Greensboro swaps.

o

Me, too. I went to the Raliegh swap last fall but the drive was so long that it was over before I got there. I would really like to go to a Swap closer to my home.

And would like to know Sandy's forum name?

o
Carolinas exchange activity

Disappointed to see no entries on the "Carolinas" site since '06. Let's get busy in NC/SC and make some trades...or coordinate a swap. Review my trade list and contact me if you see something of interest.
Twyla

o

Looking to swap in rock hill area contact me, I have a lot more items not listed in my trade list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here