Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdbheartsease

fall plant swap in high point & raleigh

Judy Brown
14 years ago

Hi All Gardeners,

Does anybody know if there is a Fall Plant Swap in Raleigh and if so when is it?

I know there is a Fall High Point Plant Swap but does anybody know when it is scheduled?

If you've never been to a plant swap, I highly recommended it! It's a great way to share your plants with other gardeners as well as come back with a load of plants.

Peace,

jdbheartease

Comments (19)

• rootdiggernc
    14 years ago

The High Point swap is prolly going to be the last Saturday in September this year. Don't have anything booked yet though.

Triangle John does the Raleigh swap. I just hope I can make it to this one!! I really missed seeing the gang this spring!

• Judy Brown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Rootdiggernc (Deborah),

Thanks for getting back to me. I have some fellow gardeners that wanting to come to the High Point Swap. Is is ok if I give them that last Saturday date (26th) of September so that they can make plans to come?

Also, do they have a Raleigh Swap in the Fall? How does it compare to the High Point Swap?

Judy

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    14 years ago

Can we PLEASE move the High Point swap to the week before? It coincides with the Forsyth Master Gardeners swap in Winston-Salem. Thank you. Robin in Lewisville

• Judy Brown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Deborah,

If it's not to late, please consider switching the HP swap date to the week prior to or after the the Forsyth Master Gardeners Swap (9/26 also). If for some reason, I'm not able to attend either 9/26 swap(s) it would be unfortuante to miss 2 swaps in the same day. Atleast, I would have an option to go on another Saturday.

Thanks to Don and you for all of your hard work in the past for making the HP Plant Swap such a success!

Judy

• trianglejohn
    14 years ago

The Raleigh Fall Swap will happen but it will have to be in October - September's schedule is completely full for me. The big problem for having a swap in Oct is the conflict with the state fair, but then I thought maybe people would like to come to Raleigh for the swap AND the fair. Decisions will be made next month.

• Judy Brown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Trianglejohn, Thanks for getting back about the Raleigh Plant Swap. Glad to hear that it's in October. As of now, it looks like there are 2 great plant swaps (W-S & H.P) scheduled for the same day (September 26). I've heard from other gardeners that Raleigh has a great plant swap. Is it worth the trip from W-S? Judy

• trianglejohn
    14 years ago

I think so! There are a number of people that usually come up this way so you might talk it up at either of those swaps to see if you could car pool.

• rootdiggernc
    14 years ago

Judy, the Raleigh swap is great you'll love it. :)

Looks like we're going to have to change our date to accommodate the Master Gardeners. We had originally discussed the Sept date because some of you couldn't make it it Oct 3rd, so my apologies to those of you that can't make it on the 1st Saturday of Oct, but earlier just won't work for us. We have an out of state wedding coming up mid August, after that I'll post final details. John, If you'd rather have the 1st Saturday due to the State Fair activities just let me know and we'll work something else out.

• Judy Brown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Deborah,

I'm going to try to make all 3 swaps (H.P., W-S, & Raleigh) this year. Good to know that the H.P. & W-S swap is on different dates and I can come to both. I hope I don't get swap burn out. For swapping this year, I'm in the process of potting up stuff - some unusual sedums, lemon balm, hosta etc..

As always, I'm looking forward to the swap. Judy

P.S. - At the last swap I brought purple phlox - I'm hoping that the receiver got purple because I've had alot of white phlox to come up this year that I didn't realize I had.

• clodsley_shovel
    14 years ago

Newbie here - Never done a plant swap. How does it work? Any tips for potting and labeling? I have some good stuff to swap.....

Thanks!

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    14 years ago

Welcome Clodsley! Thank you for joining. You will love the swaps. Labels are vital - I cut up old miniblinds and use a garden marker. Use what you have. Plastic knives and spoons work well too. As for pots, if you cannot spare any of your pots, dig a plant and wrap the rootball in wet newspaper and place it in a plastic bag. As for the how the swap works, there is a link somewhere at the top of this forum. Be sure to check each of our pages to see if you want something from our trade lists. We can arrange private swaps before the swap starts.

• clodsley_shovel
    14 years ago

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

Pam

• dtpforu
    14 years ago

Just to let you all know, the master gardener swap on the 26th of Sept is open to all, not just MGV's. What we don't swap there we can swap at the other 2. Judy, email me about the Raleigh Swap. Maybe we can go together along with Rootdigger. Anyone have a van???? LOL

• rootdiggernc
    14 years ago

Well, looks like the 1st Saturday is not going to work for us, just soooo much going on. Will try to work it out with John to do ours the 2nd Saturday.

• rootdiggernc
    14 years ago

LOL, since we lost our Sept swap date trying to set a date for this swap has been a real bear this year. We may be looking at the 17th of Oct before we can do ours.

• dtpforu
    14 years ago

Hi guys,
    The first swap is only a month away! I've been busy potting, rooting, etc for anything I can.
    I'm looking for a plant. Asphodeline lutea. AKA Jacob's Rod. Does anyone have it? If so, can we do a special trade?
    Thanks,
    Vickie

• dtpforu
    14 years ago

Hi guys,
    The first swap is only a month away! I've been busy potting, rooting, etc for anything I can.
    I'm looking for a plant. Asphodeline lutea. AKA Jacob's Rod. Does anyone have it? If so, can we do a special trade?
    Thanks,
    Vickie

• tophersmith
    14 years ago

OK so as you all know I have many different types of tropicals.
    If you let me know early enough I can dig them and give the roots a chance to recover.
    Email me your troical request and chances are I have it.
    I am as always looking for hybids of daylily, Iris, large ferns, hosta, crinums, and a couple of new ones Echinacea aka coneflower and Alium Globemaster or Gladiator
    If you live near Cary please feel free to swing by to see my collection and do some digging

• tophersmith
    14 years ago

I alos have a large pink Crinum and several patio peach seedlings

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions