Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gnomey_gw

HAVE: For Greer Swap: Who wants Brugs?

gnomey
15 years ago

I can start Dr. Seuss, Insignis Pink, Peach Versicolor, Pink Favorite and possibly Kyles Fragrant White. I just need to see who's interested in what so I know approximately how many of each to start. They root quickly.

Comments (14)

• aezarien
    15 years ago

LOL! I have no clue what they are so I googled and here is the very first link I came across:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/brug.htm

Imagine rooting one of them??

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

gnomey OMG, I love Brugs... I lost all of mine that a friend gave me...I would love to have replacements.

aezarien: she is talking about Brugmansia...lol, I don't think I would want to try an root the ones you found... be kind of hard on them, don't you think...LMAO

What I have so far: (in pots ready to go)
    Malva 'Zebrina' (2)
    Variegated Sedum Green and Gold (1)

Working on some other things, just too hot to do to much...ugh!

:) Fran

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Yeah, after a little searching I finally figured out what they were. I have a few mammals planted in the yard but quite enough thank you!

Anyway...

Those Dr. Seuss Brugs are a trip. I know this is going to make me sound like a total novice but I have never seen a flower grow upside down like that. They are absolutely beautiful.

Fran - I noticed on your list you have sedums... I have hens and chicks and autumn joy and some bright green small leaved variety that I can not recall the name of. They root so easy it isn't even funny.

I would love to have some Zebrinas.

-Tina

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey Miss Tina, could you get a pic of the bright green small leaved sedum so I can see it? Thank you ma'am.

I can get you some Malva 'Zebrina' this is the hollyhock type though, you know this right? not the other plant listed under this variety.

Brugs are cool, you can plant them outside in summer, watch them grow then in winter cut them back and root them in water all winter really...They are some neat things....

Again, I say, where is everyone?
    :) Fran

• aezarien
    15 years ago

I went and dug the tag up and it is Japanese Golden Sedum, Golden Makino Stonecrop "Ogon". There is a few photos on the site referenced below. The site name, when said fast, sounds like a clever pun that would describe me most days.

And yeah, I believe I know what you are talking about. French Hollyhocks right? Like the ones on this site:

http://www.perennials.com/seeplant.html?item=1.350.200

Here is a link that might be useful: Lazy S'S Farm

• gnomey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

haha.. I have no 4 legged brugs.. ;) I guess I will just root plenty and bring them along and see who wants them. Dr. Seuss is my favorite.. it can have hundreds of open blooms at one time in the fall. Truly a traffic stopper.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Gnomey - I was reading last night that if you only had one to choose from that this would be the one to get. I had to look it us because Dr. Seuss is my favorite children's author. I'm a "Red Fish, Blue Fish" fanatic heh.

Fran - I also have Sedum morganianum (donkey tail) but it is a very small one I got cuttings off of last year and have kept inside. Apparently the little tiny leaves on them will root easily though so I can give you some of those as well.

• Ralph Whisnant
    15 years ago

Gnomey, I can bring you one or more Charles Grimaldi brugs for a couple of Dr. Seuss?

• gnomey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ralph, sure thing.

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

gnomey, I wouold love one of the NOID variegated brugs, I just love variegated plants! Would also love one of the NOID old, old Hydrangea. I am still not sure of everything I will have to bring. We have had internet problems and this is moving so fast! LOL!

Fran, I picked you up a Voodoo Sedum yesterday at a Grower's Outlet yesterday - plus a couple extra. Also picked up a couple extra tiny little one called Golden Carpet, says it gets 2 - 5". If anyone may be interested in these, they are on clearance and I can pick up some more. They really need new homes!

Gnomey, sounds like you just need to bring lots of Brugs!

• gnomey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

my noid variegated brug is a slow grower.. not big enough to cut and still have blooms. :( I will bring mt old hydrangea though.

15 years ago

gnomey, I have some Japanese or Siberian irises, but don't know what their name is. I just know they are purple! Would you want some of those?

• gnomey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh yes.. I would love the irises, please! :)

15 years ago

I don't care in the Variegated brug is large enough to bloom if it is big enough to take a cutting. I just love variegated plants! I will bring you a few of each of the irises. I know I was given two pots by someone but don't know if they are the same. I have them planted in different areas of my yard. I saw you have the Butterfly rose. do you have any rooted cuttings?

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz