Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdbheartsease

wanted: 2010 raleigh fall plant swap

Judy Brown
13 years ago

Hi,

Any idea as to when and where the Raleigh Plant Swap will be? Several gardeners are interested in coming from the Winston-Salem area. I've got to get that on my calendar. Thanks, Judy

Comments (12)

• tophersmith
    13 years ago

It's usually in Mid October
    I am in need of some Lavender if anyone has some + anything that looks nice with Lavender.
    Also looking for that Blue Fescue ornamental grass
    Will have tropicals as always to trade

• Judy Brown
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Topher, Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking back for a definite date & place. Unfortunately, I don't have any lavender or the blue fescue ornamental grass that your looking for. Not sure what I'm bringing, but should have a lot of plants that need dividing.

• Ralph Whisnant
    13 years ago

Plant Delights' fall open house weekends include Saturday September 11 and 18th. John, if the park is available that weekend, Saturday September 18th works for me and it does not conflict with the swap in Greensboro. I plan to start updating my Trade List this coming week.

• trianglejohn
    13 years ago

I will check this Wednesday if Saturday the 18th is available. Yay! This means I can have the 11th free to go up to Monticello for their big fall harvest festival with miles and miles of heirloom vegetables!

Topher - I gotz some lavender. Grown from seed so I'm not sure which one it is but it has survived all year for me so it should be mighty tough. I have some of the blue fescue too, but it is in the ground. I will try to divide it (easy to do) in time for the swap. That dwarf peach you gave me is doing wonderfully and has grown a LOT!

• trianglejohn
    13 years ago

Its official! - Saturday the 18th of September 2010. We have the Pine Shelter from 1 to 4 at White Deer Park in Garner. I will work up a formal announcement later on today.

• Judy Brown
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great! My neighbor and I are both planning on coming from W-S. I know that I've got white siberian irises that need dividing. I'll post later, other plants that I plan on bringing. Looking forward to it.

John - Thanks for coordinating this Swap!

• lat4005
    13 years ago

I just read the info on the swap and since I am new here (both the site and the area) I have no idea if I even have anything to swap. Am I able to just come out and see everything happen so next time around I am ready? I don't know that I will have anything to actually swap and since I have never participated in anything like this before it sounds like it would be fun to even watch. :) Is this permitted?

• tamelask
    13 years ago

yep- newbs are welcome with open arms. After all, we were all there at some point, too. Bring food and all will be fine.

• MagickMare
    13 years ago

Tammy - Do you still have any Contorted Mulberry that you'd be willing to part with?

I'd also love some lemon, lime, orange or citrus scented thyme.

I have Mexican Petunias & Bengal Tiger Cannas.

• shari1332
    13 years ago

magick- I'll be sure to bring some orange/citris thyme- seems like it always needs pulling out anyway.

• tamelask
    13 years ago

magick- i'll be happy to bring you some cuttings of the mulberry. i have no idea if it's easy to root or not.

Shari, i'd love to get some orange thyme if you're pulling... what could i get for you?

• tamelask
    13 years ago

Forgot to say right now i'm trying to whittle my pot ghettos, so i'll try to go light, on requests. But i really could use any flowering size cut flower type of plants for my fair gardens. It would have to be in even numbers (symmetrical design). Multiples are good- i'm looking for splash (but not pink or pastels- more in the reds, yellow, orange, magenta and purple side of things). So if anyone's thinking of pulling out potted stuff to make way for fall things, set some aside for me, pretty please! Doesn't strictly have to be cut flowers, but if they are it's better, since i'm in the veggies section this year. Oh, and i'm full sun. There's only about 2.5 weeks after the swap til the fair so unless it's container grown i don't think it'll have time to perk up if it's dug from the ground. Gangly is fine because i can plant close together.

Sponsored