Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Native Ruellia

Posted by alicia7b z7b/8aNC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 07 at 14:49

Not sure if anyone's interested in this, some consider it a weed, but it's a very pretty weed -- really outperformed itself this year, blooming for a very long time despite (or perhaps because of) the heat and drought. I can pot some up for the fall swap if anyone's interested.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Native Ruellia

I'm in - it's something I've wanted to add for a while. Oooooooh, swap time coming up, need to start potting and rooting babies! What is date again?

o

I'd love to have some, too! I have lots of cuttings, etc. getting ready for the fall swap!

Sally

o

So what do people want for the fall swap? I need to start figuring out where to concentrate my energies. I missed the spring so I've got lots of pent up swapping to vent.

o

OK, great, I'll pot some up then.

Sounds like it's time to start a swap thread!

o

Karen, just bring one of everything and I'll think I've died and gone to heaven:>)

o

me, too, me, too! ; )
i can't wait for the durham leg of the garden tour to see karen's spread. it must be amazing with the plants she brings.

o

After three weeks of vacation with no dogs on the premises my garden seems mainly a study in what rabbits do and do not like to eat! I think I personally supported at least one or two generations of bunnies, and if there's an explosion in the deer population I'm sending them all back over to Brenda's for dessert. Adding insult to injury, in my anger and haste to spray the Tree Guard I accidentally sprayed my basil.

I hope everything grows back before fall, otherwise I'm going to have to cut up those pastel colored egg cartons and stick them on the ends of branches where the flowers should be.

o

how disheartening!! nothing like coming back from vaca to a munched or crispy garden- my fear each time. but, i can save you some pretty egg cartons if you want... lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here