Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

WANTED: Your wanted list for the Upstate Plant Swap

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

Hey Everybody!

I have a lot of wants, some I don't even know about...lol.

I would like heirloom watermelon and tomato seeds for the seed catagory.

Herb Seeds ANY KIND

Unusal Veggie seeds

Plants:

Rosemary

Thymes

French Tarragon

Ferns, ANY

Poppy Patty's Plum

Hosta (named please) really want some minis

Bulbs:

Alliums

Walking Onion

Elephant Garlic

Any garlic

I have a 10 most wanted, this is a DREAM LIST:

10 most wanted:

1.)Oakleaf Hydrangea

2.)Sensation Lilac

3.)Sedum Black Jack

4.)Sedum Lynda Windsor

5.)Sedum Sieboldii

6.)Sedum Voodoo OR ANY SEDUM

7.)Any Colocasia, EEs, Taros, or Xanthosomas

8.)Any Bananas

9.)Azalea Hilda Niblett-Rhododendron Hilda Niblett

10.)Rhubarb

And of course anything off my wanted/have trade page.

:) Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: My page

Comments (63)

• newstead
    15 years ago

Would love to participate. New at starting plants, but will do what I can - I know I can do some purple heart:-)... can't believe the HD is selling it for 5 dollars a small pot - I keep breaking parts off to throw away. Some variegated hostas, Stella d'Oro day lilies? I'm in Mint Hill, outside of Charlotte. My wants: vegetable seeds, peach trees?

• redheadedstepchild75
    15 years ago

Is anyone interested in houseplants too?
    I have a blue billion of those!! lol

• aezarien
    15 years ago

I am trying to root some yard stuff right now but most of what I have is house plants too. What type of houseplants do you have?

I have some Wandering Jew "Purple Queen", some Golden Pothos, and some Arrowhead vine at the moment. Oh and I have a few rooted African violet leaves.

Gnomey - did you get the pineapple sage or do you want a sprig of that? And how about the balloon flowers?

As far as what I want... I don't know. Nothing invasive or hard to contain and nothing that takes a lot of time and energy to keep alive. I am up for suggestions and trying new things.

I kind of need native tree and shrub seeds. I like River Birch and mountain laurel but not sure what else grows in this area besides boxelders and I hate the one I have.

I am also looking for cotoneasters, stellas, creeping lilyturf or other low-growing evergreen grass, Carolina Jasmine, Jackman Clematis.

I have tons of different types of plants but mostly herbs or too small to divide but I can get seed or take cuttings of them. I just prepared a flat for propagation today for more cuttings but not sure who likes what. I have literally a TON of hardy hibiscus seeds ripening on the stalks right now if anyone wants some of those. They grow on stalks which die off in the winter but can be left for winter interest and be cut back in the spring. Some people don't cut the old growth back at all. They get huge white hibiscus flowers on them with maroon centers. There is a photo on my exchange page. Ignore the formatting. I am still playing with the layout.

Today I am taking cuttings of my province lavender, mexican sage, french lavender, rosemary, garden sage, and maybe some other herbs. I think I might just dig up two of the french lavender that do not appear to be doing well in the spot I planted them. I can also take some arborvitae cuttings but they probably will not root before September so you would be on your own to finish the rooting process. I do have a few small alpine strawberry plants and quite a few pink lipstick strawberry runners I can stick in the dirt.....

still thinking....

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Ok got this so far:

a few hundred hardy hibiscus seeds
    8 french lavender cuttings
    3 province lavender cuttings
    4 rosemary cuttings
    4 mexican sage cuttings
    1 pinapple sage plant.. one thin but tall sprig
    1 6 inch pot of dianthus - magenta color unsure of the variety
    2 6 inch pots alpine strawberry
    6 rooted sprigs alpine strawberry
    8 rooted sprigs pink lipstick strawberry
    7 6 inch pots pothos
    2 6 inch pots arrowhead vine
    2 6 inch pots Purple Queen Wandering Jew
    and..
    Kristina has

2 4 inch pots crazy bunny ears cactus
    a handful of jalapeño pepper seeds

Also I have these plants with seeds that are close to ripe:

Basil
    Oregano
    Balloon flower

Celosia (like astilbe) MIGHT be ready by then

• gnomey
    15 years ago

Red: If you take cuttings of your lavender, I have had good luck rooting them in straight perlite. Just thought I'd pass along that tip because I had 100% success with french lavender and lavender grosso in a homemade propagation chamber made of two food storage bins. I would love to trade you something for some of your butterfly iris. I'll also trade you for some pineapple sage.

Fran: Heuchera has been very difficult to propagate for me. :I wish I could do houseplants, but I have cats so it just doesn't work. Obviously anything toxic doesn't come in the house and anything non-toxic they chew to shreds. I don't know why I have cats.

aezarien: I'd also like to trade with you for some pineapple sage.. I can't get enough of the stuff. Erin also told me I could take cuttings of hers, but if you guys have it for me, maybe I won't have to mooch off of her. She's spoiled me completely rotten already. Maybe if you have enough mexican sage I would like a start of that too and I would love some arborvitae cuttings. Which type do you have? I did get balloon flower seeds but if your celosia is ripe I'd like some of those seeds too, if I have things that you want to trade for.

I'm just going to bring plants that I've promised and then a variety of different things that I think people may find interesting or want to try. I think I'll have a lot to bring, I just don't have a list compiled yet. I will have to work on that, but in the meantime the brugs are rooting and I'm putting pots of extras aside for the swap.

OH.. if anyone has any nepeta I'd love to have some, any variety. I've decided that I'm going to have to grow this.

On a side note, my sister will be returning from her trip to Australia on the 20th. I didn't realize that was her return date and I was supposed to be picking her up from the airport in Atlanta.. oops. :) Our dad has volunteered to go get her though.. I was sweatin' it, thinking I was going to have to gas up and load up Erin's truck and ask her if she'd trade all my stuff for me. Glad I'm not going to have to miss it.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

The pineapple sage is actually growing in the ground a little ways away from the plant so all i have to do is dig it up and pot it up. I just wanted to make sure someone wanted it first.

I did a 50/50 mix of peat and perlite on my last cutting batch and it stayed to wet so I went about 75/25 on the ones I took today. We will see. I stink at cuttings really but you never learn if you never do. If I don't manage to get them to root I will more than happily take some cuttings to bring with me in a moist paper-towel if you think you can root them.

I did manage to find a Celosia that needed to be dead-headed and collected some seeds this evening. Just let me know how many you want and I will put them in an envelope with your name on them.

I guess I should just pot some stuff up too and quit worrying. I'm like a junior high student over here afraid that I am going to wear the wrong thing the first day of school heh.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Fran - Missed your comment about the rosemary... In my experience (not a technical analysis by no means) it does not like our soil, it is easy to over-water, it needs a good trim in the spring, and it hates being transplanted. I bought one from Stacy's last year and put it in the ground within days and boy I thought it bit the dust. I quit watering it and it came back nicely. They are a pain to get established but once they are they are awesome because they really don't need much of anything from you.

• redheadedstepchild75
    15 years ago

I have a lot of houseplants...philodendrons regular heart leaf and brazil, golden and silver pothos, rosery vine, lots of hoya, a huge alsobia dianthiflora, rhipsalis and some epi starts of Better Times.

I will just be bringing my big ole lavendar plant whole..i'll start over again next spring with another guy! lol
    I'm gonna do the same thing with the rosemary and the sage those plants are huge....and it would be nice to have those big planters to plant some pansies or mums in for the fall.

I will for sure bring the butterfly iris and pineapple sage....the pineapple sage is so big I'll probably just pull out half the plant roots and all and swap that! lol

Anyone have a pregnant onion? lol i've always wanted one of those!

I am so excited...I'm thankful to just get anything at all!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Red, I just got 3 bulbils of Preg. Onion, if you want one its yous, if I don't kill them first! They have no roots, I really don't know what to do with them....

anyway, off to go check email...

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

Yipes! Where have I been? I better get busy! I haven't even started to make my list yet!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lol countygirl...u still have time...really you do...
    gosh I am so sleepy, I haven't been sleeping well and I need a nap...BUT I will be WIDE AWAKE come bedtime...that sucks...

Where is everybody again? Sheesh...

• erin08
    15 years ago

Hey everyone,
    I've sent most of you that have email a FYI about a plant sale I'm having tomorrow 8-9. Hopefully I can make enough $ to pay the water bill. :).
    Erin

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

gnomey
    cats! I love cats! I have been pining for one sice I got here (1999) Until we bought our house it was really not an option though (I never heard of PET RENT till I moved here)I would really love a kitten(not a feral kitten)

Erin
    Are you the Erin who has Heavenly Bamboo plants?

Curious, does anyone want tomato plants, I have just started 6 or 7 today from cuttings. Yellow goosberry and romas. May start some Kellogs Breakfast and Red Zebra if anyone wants these. (I have more than enough, no one eats tomatoes but me here and I have a dozen plants!) Should be ready to produce fruit by the swap. If you are wondering why I started them it is just because I am insane, the squirrels and I enjoy them very much, I just hope they leave ME enough to enjoy.

• redheadedstepchild75
    15 years ago

NCgardengirl....I'd love a bulbil of pregnant onion if you want to spare one! lol

Frances....this might be a duhhhh kinda question...but, how do you handle your tomato plants during the winter? If you have a secret and I can get them to continue to grow I'd love one! I ccan't get enough tomatoes!!! lol

I am going to start working on the back garden in the next two weeks...I want to start some fall crops like greens and brocolli and anything I find I can plant. lol

• aezarien
    15 years ago

So I assume with all the trades already being made that some people will opt to stay later or come earlier. Just wondering about who plans on doing what....

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Umm, I don't know what my plans are at the moment. I DO plan on going to Greer early in the morning, there is a Trade Lot on Hwy 101 (coming from NC I-85 get off on that exit I believe it is exit 60) go left and the trade lot is down that way a bit on the right.
    I have never been able to go and everytime we went by it on the way to the terminal, I always told SO I wanted to be able to go, and since this swap was schedule for that area, I asked him if we could go early enough to drop by the trade lot.

I wish someone could give me an idea of what all they might have there, to know if it is worth going or not....I am sure I will be at the park early cuz the trade market usually doesn't hold my interest long if it doesn't have anything I'm looking for (say cheap plants and fall veggies)but anyway, that is what I am planning at the moment.

• gnomey
    15 years ago

I have to get back to Erin, she emailed me today asking what time I wanted to go. I'm not sure.. I guess we'll try to come a little bit early and work out the trades we've already arranged, then stay for the swap and maybe talk plants some afterwards. Hope a good many people show up.

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I have:
    Outdoor Plants
    Yarrow, sort of burgundy red colour (I thought it was Paprika but the colour seems wrong)
    Canna Pups, variety of colours as yet unknown (these were started from seeds and tiny rhyzomes last winter)
    GIANT SHASTA Daisy Alaska (1)
    Autumn Joy Sedum Babies
    Forsythia Babies
    Kwanso Daylily (2)
    Red Hot poker Plant (1)
    Silver Lace Vine (1)
    Common Japanese honeysukle (warning invasive plant, pleas take appropriate measures to restrain)Smells great, blooms late (1-2))

Indoor Plants
    Golden Pothos
    Parlor Palm
    Red flower Holiday cactus (flowers between Thanks Giving and Christmas) (cuttings)
    Asparagus Fern (Large Potted)
    Deiffenbachia (Rooted)
    Possible some small cuttings of Rubber Plant (rooted)

Seeds
    Canna (indica)
    Castor Beans
    Hair Allium
    Jackmani Clematis
    Amaranths (variety)
    Cleome "Queens"
    Columbine (mixed colour)
    Baptisia both indigo and yellow
    A variety of herbs (mostly culinary)
    Birdhouse Gourds
    Hyacinth Beans (soon)
    4 0'clocks broken colour mostly fushia with stripes
    Campsis Radicans (I have 2 fresh pods, clean, no evidence of boring insects) (INVASIVE PLANT PLEASE TAKE MEASURES TO CONTAIN)
    I have a lot of interesting woodland plant seed that I recieved in a swap last fall, I only used one or two seeds

Wants, I really do not want or need much (ok I want plenty, but what I really need is a ride to the swap since Red is not going)
    Cannas tall, (seeds, seedlings, pups, rhyzomes) any colour
    Hosta any
    Lantana - prefer hardy types, like yellow and the old fashioned pink/orange/yellow

Seeds
    any aster perennial or annual, compact prefered or unusual
    dianthus anny perennial
    cleome (can always use more spiders)
    Cosmos, Tall varieties any colour
    Marigold - any french typse
    White flowering plants that can take dry heat.

More stuff may be found on my trade list.

Frances

• aezarien
    15 years ago

MMM.. I love clematis. Been looking for Jackman Clematis too!

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Tina
    I will have a lot more of the Jackmani Seeds any minute, the second flush of blooms is just winding down. I will be cutting it back after that, but for the life of me I cannot root the vines, (this seems to go for all vines????) if you want to try, let me know and I will hold off cutting till you are ready for them. Regardless you are welcome to some seed. I am going to send you an email anyway ;)

Frances

(have you ever seen so many 'Frances' ' in one place !!??!!)

• aezarien
    15 years ago

I usually have good luck rooting vining and fleshy plants. It's wood and semi-wood I have issues with. Maybe a few cuttings would work but I would definitely love some seed.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Frances I would be interested in your Kwanso Daylily and a Sedum Autumn Joy Baby...I have a canna I can trade you...not going to tell the color yet as it is a surprise for someone...
    I can't get those vine to root either...can't get the seeds to grow either...but would be willing to try again...hint, hint...lol
    LMK if your interested...

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

lol Fran, I don't care what colour they are I LOVE cannas! Especially the big ones! Yep I can spare some Kwanso (it is a fabulous plant!) and the sedum too.

Since I cut the clematis back hard after the bloom is finished, there will be plenty of cuttings and seeds to go around. I will try to put it off till the last minute though, so the cuttings are as fresh as possible when we can get together. Jackmani blooms on new growth, so the pruning is important for the best bloom. I was skeptical, but it really paid off, my two year old plant has produced two huge flushes of flowers this year, if I cut it back soon there is still time for a third! (It bloomed into early november last year!)

Frances

15 years ago

Frances with the Clematis, I would love some of the seeds and some cuttings if you have plenty to share...

• love2gardennc
    15 years ago

OK I appear to be the dense one here. First off I did not know where the Upstate swap was going to be and now I don't know what time. Help Please, Les

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Les,
    Did you nkt get her email telling us it was going to be at a park in Greer?
    I can send it to you if you need it...

• love2gardennc
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,
    Nope, I have not received anything but only posted to the original on Sunday so perhaps she does not check often. Other than the few people who post all the time, you, me Gnomey, Erin, Aezarian and redheaded?, who all else is going to be there?

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, Red decided not to go, and is going to hold her own swap on the 13th.

I will email you the info I got...in a sec...

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Almost forgot that I stuck some horehound cuttings too... what they make horehound candy with. I only stuck two cuttings I think but could do more if needed.

• gnomey
    15 years ago

Oh I forgot, I'd also like heirloom tomato seeds if anyone has any to share with Fran and I. She asked first.

• erin08
    15 years ago

Does anyone need any pots? Have different sizes. I can bring some depending on how much room Gerri and I have after loading our plants.

Erin

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Erin I ALWAYS need pots, what would you want for them?

• erin08
    15 years ago

Hey Fran,
    Check out my wants list of plants. Or tempt me if I don't already have it. Think outside the box, non plant items for the garden? What size pots do you like to use?
    Erin

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey sorry about this BUT I decided to order some pots. I found some I like that comes with trays and everything. MUCH MUCH easier to deal with and I have been looking for these for a while.
    I am sure other ppl will need some of yours though, everybody needs pots :).

• jeffahayes
    15 years ago

Swap on for Sept. 20?!?

That means I haven't MISSED IT!!!

Wow! Cool!!! Not that I have much ready for a swap, although I can put some things together, but since I've been MIA from this group for, like AGES, I may just do that and POP OVER weekend after next just to be "social," at least :)

And all this JUST BECAUSE Fran was just nice enough to send me an email and not even MENTION the swap, but just ask if this was still ME, and mention she met me at the Swap in Rutherfordton a couple years back!

Thanks, Fran!

I hope to be there!
    Jeff

15 years ago

Hey, Jeff! I met you at the Rutherfordton Swap at the same time! Fran and I were hoping we could get in touch with you! I am glad she was successful! It would be a shame for you to miss the Swap since you live in GRRR...at least I am guessing you still live there?

Gail

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well Jeff,
    I wanted to make sure you were still YOU and still around before I started inviting someone WHO isn't around to come around....LOL.

Please do come...I will get Sandi to send you the info you need to be there.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just realized the swap is NEXT SATURDAY!!!

Gosh folks, are ya'll not excited about it?
    Who is bringing what and who wants what?

I wanna know WHO is coming so we can talk plants!!! It is a WEEK AWAY!!!

I am ready, I think, I hope.

If I set-up a trade with you will you please confirm it? Gail I got you covered you know that. I will be potting up something else for you today or tomorrow cuz I just realized how close it is!

Anyway, if we talked about anything then please get back to me so I know you are STILL planning on coming.

Gnomey, did you not get the email I sent you about your some kind of plant you have I had a question on and seeds you were looking for?

15 years ago

Yes, I am still going to be there and will be bringing the KEY LIME CAKE! And I would love to know how many are still coming to this swap too!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alright as of right now this is what I have for the
    Table swap:
    5 Silver Maples (5 trades with 5 plants each)
    3 Spearmint (not looking happy but will bounce back)
    2 Staghorn Sumac
    1 Malva Hollyhock

Houseplants/tableswap
    2 Golden Pothos
    2 Arrowhead Plants
    2 Tradescantia spathacea - 'Tricolor and 'Moses in a Cradle'
    1 Bolivian Jew

Special Trades
    Gail: Tricyrtis hirta "Tojen", Tropcial White Canna,(one special not telling plant)Gail let me know if I missed anything you KNOW me!
    Erin: Agastache Honey Bee Blue, Verbena bonariensis - "Verbena-on-a-Stick"
    aezarien: Already traded with

Again if we talked about trading please let me know I don't think I have missed anyone though. I think I have everything together.

Ok see you there IF your planning on coming.

15 years ago

Hi! I getting excited! I know I am bringing items for you and have a surpise for you. We may need to complete our swap at my house!

I know I am bringing a rooted Purple Stripe Angelonia for Tina and some seeds - not sure what I have

Also bringing some Japanese or Siberian Irises for gnomey

Will have extra:
    Purple Stripe Angelonia
    Small Sunset Hibiscus
    Small seedlings Red or Texas Star Hibiscus, don't know if they breed true from seeds
    Small seedlings Celosia Burgundy foliage and burgundy blooms
    Small Black and Blue Salvia
    One Sedum kamtschaticum (Kamschatka)

That's all I can remember at this time, but may have extra seeds

• aezarien
    15 years ago

I plan on doing the inventory thing tomorrow. I know I have Pothos, Arrowhead Vine, A Chinese Evergreen, Purple Heart, and Mother-in-law's tongue and a bunch of seed. And.. I'm going to dig up a french lavender. I have some rooted sprigs of rosemary and I have one Sedum Ogon and a few spider plant cuttings all in two inch pots.

I may have more though, who knows. I'll know more tomorrow.

Did we decide what we wanted to do regarding food? I'm going to bring some potato salad, french onion dip, and chips.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Ok.. I still don't have a good list put together. Obviously organization isn't my best quality but I wanted to confirm what I had promised to others to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Erin - Rooted Clethra and a handful of cuttings (Carol is bringing a muscadine vine as well)

Gerri - Mexican Sage Cuttings and Celosia Seed

Gail - Mexican Sage Cuttings, Garden Sage, Pineapple sage cuttings, and Blue Bedder Salvia plant

I also dug up:

3 nice bunches of spearmint
    3 nice rose of sharon seedlings about six/seven inches tall.
    a french lavender about a foot or so tall

and I am going out to dig up:

A purple cone flower
    a shasta daisy
    a coreopsis

Seeds I have:
    Basil
    Rose of Sharon purple
    Rose of Sharon white
    hardy hibiscus
    celosia
    ornamental pepper
    Datura
    Organic cantaloupe

For the elephant swap I am just bring houseplants because those are the ones I have that look the best.

Still trying to get it together so make sure to check this thread out tonight too as I am sure I will have things to add.

• lsst
    15 years ago

Am I too late? I had a tripped planned this weekend that got canceled and I am wondering if it is too late to bring things? I hopefully will have a list later today.
    Lauren

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lauren the more the merrier! COME ON....lol

I wish MORE ppl were posting...I am excited. I get to see ppl I haven't seen in a LONG TIME!!!

• aezarien
    15 years ago

AHHH! HAAA!

I am finally done for the day. I have to take those cuttings in the morning but as Gerri put it, I think I have my poop in a group. Outside of the list above I added a few gnarly looking sprigs of Chocolate mint, a small alpine strawberry, a catnip, a few rooted sprigs of rosemary, a rooted sedum frosty morn, dichondra silver falls cuttings, an angelonia, a sweet potato vine, and gee who knows what.

I just hope I don't forget anything! And I apologize in advance if I misspelled something or anything else I messed up. I kind of "misunderestimated" the time it would take me to get ready so I sort of had to rush through things.

I look forward to meeting everyone though and I think I am going to go to bed now LOL.

See you all tomorrow!
    -Tina

• jeffahayes
    15 years ago

I've been "iffy" on tomorrow's swap, too, but things are looking good for me at the moment (mom's had some health problems and been in the hospital, but got out today, and might enjoy coming with me, with the weather like it is).

I don't have anything prepared, BUT some blue pickerel rush I put in my header pond about 4 years ago has COMPLETELY TAKEN OVER the pond so I really need to thin it out, and I could probably go out there in the morning and in half an hour have a dozen or so good clumps of that -- Beautiful water plant.

Thing is, I'm still not sure of the exact time and location of the swap... I'll be coming from the west side of Spartanburg, either taking U.S. 29 all the way into Greer, or to I-85, if the part of Greer the swap is in is off 101 or 14.

I'm not 100% yet, because I still haven't even told Mom, but assuming she's OK tomorrow, I'd LOVE to come out and see all you nice folks again.
    Jeff

• transplanted2scin07
    15 years ago

Jeff, the swap itself begins promptly at 2 pm, but I'm hearing many people are arriving earlier, some with food in tow. It is located at the Lake Cunningham Recreational Facility where I have reserved the covered area for the day. This park is on N McElhaney, right near the intersection of N McElhaney and Rte 101 (behind the fire station).
    Here are the original rules I established to help keep things from being totally chaotic:
    1. If you bring one plant, you take home one plant. If you bring two, you take two, etc.
    2. Houseplants, annuals, perennials, herbs, vegetables, shrubs, trees, vines (did I miss anything?) are all welcome. Seeds or cuttings can be swapped for other seeds or cuttings.
    3. I prefer to separate the live plants into "swap rounds". Each person will put one plant into the "round", and numbers will be drawn to see who gets first, second, third, etc pick of that round. New numbers will be chosen each round so the same person doesn't always go first. If you brought only 3 plants, you can only be part of three "rounds". This may not be the way you have done it before, but I'm appealing to you to humor me and try it my way.
    4. Since I don't want to keep everyone for hours, I'm limiting the live plant "rounds" to 6. We can swap seeds/cuttings in rounds after, if needed.
    5. Please schedule your personal trades for a time that does not conflict with the actual swap. I believe the park is open sun-up to sundown.

The Plants:

* Please make every attempt to label the plant with its latin name, including the variety. Plastic cutlery or popsicle sticks work great for this if you use a Sharpie.
    * Please bring plants that are free of bugs, disease and/or weeds.
    * Please remember to water the plants thoroughly the night before, not the day of the swap. This will help prevent muddy messes.
    Sandi

• jeffahayes
    15 years ago

Thanks, Sandi,

If I remember from the last time I found my way up there, that's on Hwy 101 a few miles North of Greer, so I'd probably take 29 all the way into town.

Your rules are different than any I've seen before, but then every swap I've been to has had different rules; some have had really no rules at all, for the most part, and most seem to work pretty well regardless (the annual Master Gardener of the Piedmont swap being the most disorganized, with each person who brings at least five plants getting five popsicle sticks, and then everyone running to get whatever he or she can at the ringing of a bell -- and some people bringing VERY NICE PLANTS -- and it's like a FREE FOR ALL for the first couple of minutes)...

Not me. I pretty much go to these things just to see and meet people and share some plants (I generally have more than I need already, although I usually end up with something, even so)... But there's NO WAY I'd act like some kind of selfish idiot over a plant -- I don't care WHAT it is.

I'd even considered coming with NO plants, just to see people... but since I REALLY DO need to thin out that pickerel rush -- Oh, and I also have a big bunch of Liriope muscari someone gave me at a garden club meeting I really don't have a use for, so I may bring that, as well... I COULD actually interplant it with the Liriope spicata one of this forum's nice members in Raleigh gave me a few years back (all of which has lived and thrived in the border I started with it)... But I still think I'd just as soon re-share it.

Hope to see y'all tomorrow.
    Jeff

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OH GEEZ JEFF, I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY....PLEASE FORGIVE ME>>>I forgot to ask Sandi to send you the info, I was getting ready to go to bed and thought NO I WILL CHECK ONE MORE TIME>>>>

PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME WITH A STICK....I have been so busy trying to get everything done...I totally forgot. I have too many irons in the fire. I am sorry...AT LEAST I GOT OUT A MESSAGE TO YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE RIGHT?
    I am sorry, and I DO hope you will come even if it is to chat a while, I have missed you posting so I would be nice to see you again!
    And I need some more of that water plant...LOL. AND IF you come you gonna bring your camera? That would be fun too...you did a great job with the last one we all were at!

OK, WELL SEE YA'LL ALL TOMORROW!!!

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County