Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Looking at dates for the Triad Swap - G'bro/Winston/High

Posted by rootdiggernc Z-7A NC (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 17:07

OK, I'm looking at dates for the Fall Swap. This all depends on when the shelter is available but looking at Sept the 22nd, or 29th (holiday weekend so prolly not a great choice) or Oct 6th. Last year we had it on the 7th of Oct and had that fluke cold rainy day. I don't think I ever remember that early in October being that cold!! I think we solved that problem with the tarps and heater this spring (lol), that was kind of cozy! Would appreciate everyone's input on this. Thanks!
D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Looking at dates for the Triad Swap - G'bro/Winston/

Hi rootdigger:
I'm interested in the Oct date although open to others. I will have nursing clinicals from 7am-1pm on those dates so hope the hours will allow me to attend, I"m in Surry County so then would need some travel time.
I do have some Ceanothus americanus - New Jersey Tea from your list. They are small seedlings that were ws in 2006 but are still small, maybe this plant is slow growing? Anyway, maybe I can figure out how to get plants to you & others even if I cannot attend.

o

Squirrlespur, I hope you can make it, if not I'll try to work something out with you as far as any special swaps. Some of us usually hang around chatting afterwards.

o

Hi rootdigger:
Had a meeting at school and clinicals may not be on Sat after all! So I will vote for the Oct date.

squirrel

o

I definately have a conflict and could not go on Sept 29.

o

OK, I think I may shoot for the 22nd. Might have company on the 6th, won't know for a while. Woods, I pretty much ruled out the 29th due to it being a holiday weekend. If my son comes in on the weekend of the 6th it'll have to be the 22nd. Squirrel, I'm so glad they decided not to do clinicals on Saturdays! I have company coming from Atlanta today but will get back here when I can, to talk plant swapping with ya!

o

I want to attend, from Lewisville NC (outside W-S). Where will this be held? Here's my trade list.

Here is a link that might be useful: list

o

Hey Robin, This will prolly be held at Oak Hollow Park on Hwy68 (High Point) which is where we've held it before. I'm kind of waiting on something the 23rd of this month before I can book the shelter. After that I should be able to give more details.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here