Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Large banana plant

Posted by cannadoit 7b/8a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 8, 09 at 18:50

I was given a large banana plant earlier this spring.
It's a very nice plant. I have taken good care of it, it has new leaves that are edged in red....looks strong and healthy...but, i'm just not a banana kinda girl.

I would love to trade my banana plant for something else.
I love vines and flowers. lol

I would love to maybe find a Mandavilla or something along those lines to trade for it...but, I'm open to trades.

I'd like for it to be a plant that would fit right in and be happy in my greenhouse.
The past two days it has gotten up to over 100 degrees in there, and it's of course humid....so something that would grow by leaps in bounds in hot, humid weather.....and not die on me in the winter when it might only be in the 60's.

I can take a picture for you so you can see the banana....as I have no clue what type of banana it is. lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Large banana plant

I guess I should have pointed out....due to the size of this plant the only thing possible trade wise would be semi local. lol

o

well, if you want to come here sometime soon or hold it until my Sept swap I would be interested in it.
AHHH and you could bring me a handful of pennywort too LOL.

Let me know and we can decide what you might like for it :)

:) Fran

o

I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing that far out.... There have been posts for some swaps I'd love to go to...but, unfortunately I have to work around my husbands work schedule...and that is an ever changing thing.

Do you have anything that vines? Like Passiflora or something like that? I know they do pretty well in greenhouses.

I looked at your list, but I got confused as to what you were offering and what you were asking for. I'm easily confused though.

o

do you still have that bannana?
im in the southeast of nc... on the coast?
maybe close enough to trade?
i have loads of passionflower, mandivilla, tropicals....
let me know!
thanks

o

I do actually have a couple of Passiflora and by the time the swap is here I should have Vigna caracalla ( Corkscrew Flower ) growing, I just found my other seeds.

Maybe you can come that day or anytime you wish to make a trip up here. aezarien and I live really close so you could do a two fer LOL....

:) Fran

o

Melah,
Where at on the coast are you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here