Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aezarien

WANTED: Greer Swap: Meet Times/Food/Other Stuff

aezarien
15 years ago

I know some were talking about coming early so.. I was just wondering if any of yous/y'all had decided when you are going to arrive and if anyone plans on bringing any food items. I think I heard something about grills being at the park? I'm game to bring a dish OR maybe there is a place to eat nearby? Maybe an awful waffle we can all pile in? LOL

Comments (14)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

An Awful Waffle? mmm, Sounds yummy...lol. They have gone down hill over the years haven't they?
    I am game to bring something... I like socializing. Or meeting somewhere there on HWY 101 there are plenty of places to eat at. Don't know if the restaurant would appreciate too many flower nerds piling in on them but hey, you never know. LOL.

Would anyone else care to meet before the swap to eat at a restaurant or would you want to bring something and hang out after the swap OR before and have a lunch/dinner?

I am game for what anyone else might want to do.

Oh and I see what time you posted this, do you EVER sleep?, I thought I was bad, I have actaully been getting sleepy the last 4 or 5 nights can you believe it? I know and the one time you ARE sleeping WHO comes knocking at your door? Geesh I'm still regretting that....lol

:) Fran

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I slept. I just woke up real early. When you have three kids in a small house sometimes getting up real early or staying up real late is the only way to get any quiet time.

• transplanted2scin07
    15 years ago

Yes, there are charcoal grills there. I plan on bringing a dessert of some kind; probably my chocolate cherry coconut brownies.
    The closest Awful Houses are out on Wade Hampton, along with a hundred other eating places. I'm drawing a blank on eating places nearby on Rte 101.

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"chocolate cherry coconut brownies"

Yum?

I can make some potato salad.

We still looking at about 30 people?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

"chocolate cherry coconut brownies" OMG those sound SOOO good!!!

So are we planning on bringing pick-ups or what? Or are we planning on going to a Restaurant to swarm on them..lol.

Somebody just tell me what the plan is and I'm there ;)!

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It would probably be best for the plants if we found a way to grab a bite while we are at the park. Instead of being stuffed up in trunks and such they can just sit out during lunch. It'll definitely be cheaper.

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

30 people!! I've only seen a few posting that say they are coming!

• love2gardennc
    15 years ago

I am all for meeting early say around noon and sharing lunch with gardening friends. One swap that I went to we all brought our own picnic lunches and then shared some extras that traders brought such as cookies, brownies, watermelon.
    That would give us time to exchange swaps that we set up beforehand and to get to know what others have to trade.
    I too am somewhat confused by 30 people as I have only seen a few folks expressing interest.

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I apologize, she said two dozen in the email and I did some sort of math in my head that I can't rightly recall at the moment and somehow came up with thirty people. It was two dozen at the time of the email and I added two people to the list that I am bringing. I have no clue where the other four came from. LOL.

I guess I should rephrase my question:

How many people do we have so far? Or How many people do I need to make potato salad for?

Picnic lunches sound great too.

15 years ago

I am only about 15 minutes away from the Swap. I will bring something - usually bring a key lime cake. Fran, you had some of it at the Rutherford Swap, didn't you?

Not sure what else I'll bring at this moment - will think about it....

15 years ago

I also like to bring Broccoli salad, it is made with fresh broccoli, raisins, and some other stuff. I really like it...or could bring some baked beans.

• transplanted2scin07
    15 years ago

I don't have any exact number on who will or won't be there. My original email was sent to about 24 people, but the number who actually show will be as much a mystery as the plants. I believe there were 2 people who emailed me to say they were not coming, and a couple who said they were. The rest either didn't email or have discussed it here.
    No worries, we'll make do with whatever food we have. I'm liking the sounds of all the dishes mentioned so far! I guess I'll tell hubby if he wants to come and partake of the food (well, you don't REALLY think he's coming for the plants, do you?), he'll have to bring something HE made!
    I'll try to remember to let people know via one final email that some of us will be there with food around noonish. That way, if they're not checking this site, they'll still be clued in.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

key lime cake... OMG YES!!! I forgot about that...Ummm...Yummy!!! ME WANT MORE....lol.
    ME don't bake, but me eat others baked goodies, hehe.

Well, I don't know what anyone would be in the mood for but I am up for suggestions. Food wise, we COULD do hot dogs. IF someone else wants to bring buns and stuff, someone else could bring plants and napkins and such. Someone could bring homemade hot chili. Chips and other sides. Someone else charcoal.
    I am up for getting the big packs of weiners. I wouldn't want to. I could could also do the onions.

WHO would man the grill?

If this could be arranged that would be great. Anyone else game to organize a hotdog lunch?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

WELL, it would have been wonderful if more ppl would have wanted to do food....

Alrighty then...LET THE FUN BEGIN...

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone