Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aezarien

WANTED: Have: Non-Plant Items

aezarien
15 years ago

Not sure if this is appropriate or not so spank me if I am out of line.

I did want to put it out there that while my plant selection is sparse I do have a lot of non-plant related items that I am more than happy to part with in trade for plants or gardening supplies, particularly craft items, particularly scrapbooking stuff.

I have 20-25 brand new scrapbooks I bought last year and tons of embellishments that I will never use. I also own a die cutter and can make die cuts. Why so much stuff? Well lets just say I get interested in a hobby and I obsessively collect then I realize I'm not really interested in that particular hobby as much as I thought I would be and it all sits around gathering dust. I'm particularly bad when I see things go on clearance and I am a huge ebay junkie.

I also have some jewelry making supplies and beads of all different types as well if anyone is interested. And I have tons of booklets on cross-stitch, crochet, and other crafts. Most notably I have a book that shows how to crochet a Princess Dianna dress for a doll and Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, and some nice Wentzler designs in cross stitch. I've never used any of them (I know, how pathetic am I?).

And I have a wine barrel here that I paid out the nose for that I decided I didn't want and am stuck with. It's a beautiful barrel suitable for making a rain barrel but I already have six of them so I really don't need it.

Also, I sew and have and own an embroidery machine and a program to make designs from scratch so if anyone has anything they want done in that area I am game.

Anyway, I'm not looking for cash, just exchanges for plants and I kind of really want to get rid of a lot of this stuff to make room for me to actually ~live~ in my house. Please let me know if you are interested in any of these items and I can post pictures and bring some stuff with me.

-Tina

Comments (19)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tina do u have a scarpbook that you can add refill pages too? I have one that is NOT refillable and I want to be able to add pages...

Also some of the other stuff you have...

OH AND SINCE YOU ARE OFFERING TO TRADE I NO PROBLEM WITH YOU POSTING THIS STUFF HERE!!!

Ok, well let me know,

:) Fran

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have spiral-bound, Ribbon Bound, and Post Bound, the latter of the two can have pages added and removed, post bound being a little easier to work with.

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I covet that wine barrel most terribly! What could I possibly offer in exchange!

Frances

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think the barrel is spoken for but I do have an old whiskey barrel. It has that worn in rustic look but it seals and holds water.

I just moved from Gastonia/Crowder's Mountain two years ago.

• tamelask
    15 years ago

Tina- i would be interested in trading for beads and beading stuff. That's one hobby that is a downfall of mine! And if you really want rid of that embroidery machine- but those are so expensive i can't imagine what would work for a trade. At any rate, where are you? I'm in garner, which is a burb south east of raleigh. I have lots of stuff that could be divided and since you like to root stuff, even more that could be rooted. Feel free to email me directly and i can give you a number so we can talk in person if you'd like. I won't post it here though.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tina, I highly recommend talking to Tammy (tamelask) she has an awesome yard, and that was 3 years ago when I visited her...I would LOVE to see it now.

• elaine5678
    15 years ago

Hey Tina, I (just today!) bought a few things that I'd like to have embroidered... have you ever embroidered a visor? They're soft material- probably cotton (6 of them).

Where are you located? I'm in Charlotte.

I have some stuff I can take cuttings of for you. I have a couple of plants I can part with as well, and can probably scrounge up some supplies!

-Elaine

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tina, I need to talk to you...errr, I wish your puter was fixed...lol.

You also need to tell me what you would like for some of your scrapebooks/embellishments and other stuff like a embroidery design...at some point in time what would you be willing to do to maybe 'teach' me some things about using one of those?

See, I told you I needed to talk to you...lol,

later girl,
    :)Fran

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lainey - I sure can do visors. If you email me your number I can give you a call. I won't be able to do it this coming week. My sister is going to China for 6 months to a year and she is coming down from Georgia to visit the last week before she goes. I will however have plenty of time to work on it the week after. If you have a design in mind and can scan/take a photo of it then I will be happy to take a look and give you an estimate on how long it will take me to complete the job.

Fran - If you are talking about teaching you to use the machine, I'll be happy to. If you buy one new at Lee Sewing they actually come with classes. If you are talking about teaching you how to do a scrapbook... I stink at it.. that is why I lost interest LOL. Anyway.. I will be on for a while. I am looking up some neat stuff to make for the swap so drop me a line. and YOU need to get out and make that call so we can exchange phone numbers. :P

-Tina

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tammy, I did send you an email earlier today after you posted just so you know. You never know when things get trapped in the spam bin or just don't make it at all!

• tamelask
    15 years ago

Thanks, Tina. i got it and sent you a reply!

Fran, you are too sweet! the past couple of droughty years mean that some things have gone to plant heaven and the rest don't look so great. I haven't really done a whole lot new since then because of the drought, though we have worked in the back some. Here's hoping next year will be better. If you ever get back out this way, do stop.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tammy, I hate to hear that...U had some really awesome stuff...did u b. bamboo make it?

Tina, yes I meant teach me to use the machine...lol.
    I know I need to get the phone situated...maybe next month...I will have my act together...busy busy busy now...

Anyway...we'll go something woked out...lol.

• gnomey
    15 years ago

I'm a day late and a dollar short, as always. but those barrels interest me. My mom needs a rain barrel...not sure why since we never have any rain.. but she wants one.

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You'd be surprised how quickly they fill with just a little rain.

We are supposed to get drenched Wednesday. Weather man better not be playing with my emotions. (What's the frequency Kenneth? What's the frequency?)

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Tina
    I just moved to Gastonia 2 years ago from Pineville. My are si still a bit bare and DRY. There is not much on my trade list but maybe we could work something out for the whiskey barrel. I'd even pay cashif its in my budget, rustic looking is ok with me.

Frances

• tamelask
    15 years ago

fran, yes, the black boo is doing fine- still in tubs along our wall. We can see some branches through the back windows so it's nice. The ones we put in the ground: dulcis, vivax and zigzag are doing very well. The vivax, particularly, is spectacular. We got some culms this year that i could only handspan about 1/2-2/3 of the way around (so about 4" across), and they are 30 to 40' tall. It was amazing watching them grow!

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Frances - Wow, from Pineville to Gastonia. What a transition that must have been. Don't feel bad, we only have two years here as well and I have little in the way to offer as far as plants go myself. Your list looks way better than mine though!

Just shoot me an email. We can work something out.. I see a few things on your list I wouldn't mind trading.

• aezarien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gnomey, back to the obsessively collecting things... I actually have three more barrels, two whiskey, one wine. I was trying to hoard them *snicker*.

If I don't trade them on here they are all going in a yard sale anyway so...

• gnomey
    15 years ago

oooo.. I need at least one! I was looking online a somewhere to buy some barrels. I need some to use as rain barrels and a plastic one to make a compost tumbler for my mom.

Sponsored