Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squirrelspur

WANTED: Triad Fall 07 Swap Special Trades

squirrelspur
16 years ago

Thought I would start this thread.

quirkpod, I will trade elephant ear for soapwort. Could you pot up 2 plants and I'll give you 2 ees, they are small but have leaves.

Comments (31)

• squirrelspur
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Also I have a special trade list for the swap posted at a website other than gardenweb (items that may be too small for mail trades or items I just have one of). Email me if you want to see the list.

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

I sent you an email.

• dtpforu
    16 years ago

Robin, I would like to trade for the Hawaiian papaya. What is something that you're interested in? I have lots of Hibiscus manihot that I started from seed. If you mulch down really well, these will come back year after year.

Thanks,

Vickie

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

I'll get back here later today and post some special swap stuff. I will for sure have the hibiscus I posted on the main Carolina forum and I have a few Corkscrew weeping willow already rooted.

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Here's a partial list of what I have available. I won't be bringing all of these, but have them if someone is interested or for a special swap.

Abutilon megapotamicum - flowering Maple (just started rooting them)
    Artemesia
    Arundo - variegated reed grass
    Begonia - Hardy
    Brugmansia - yellow Angels Trumpet
    Colocasia esculenta - green
    Colocasia esculenta 'Illustris'
    Crassula - Jade
    Crassula - Gollum Jade
    Crocosmia - orange
    Cryptocereus anthonyanus (aka Selenicereus anthonyanus)- ZigZag cactus
    Daylilies - unknown name - old varieties
    Delosperma cooperi - Hardy Ice Plant - pink
    Epiphyllum strictum - white night blooming cactus aka 'Christ in a Manger'
    Hibiscus acelatosa 'Asbury Haight'
    Hedychium coronarium - White Butterfly Ginger (I have Tara for a special swap - I lost several gingers last year so tempt me)
    Huernia schniederiana - Monkey Tail Plant - has a very deep/dark red bloom.
    Hypericum calycinum - St John's wort
    Iris - old varietes - no names
    Lamium - ground cover
    Mandevilla - red - (just one of these for a special trade)
    Musa basjoo - banana (special swap)
    Musa Lasiocarpa (special swap)
    Portulacaria afra, or Elephant Food Bush - tender houseplant
    Salvias - Hot Lips, Maraschino and San Carlos Festival.
    Scabiosa - pink
    Sedums - assortment of short sedums I have
    Schefflera - miniature form
    Tradescantia pallida - purple heart/wandering jew - hardy
    4 o'clock tubers
    Sweet potato vines cuttings.... not hardy but they keep well in a glass of water over winter.
    Brug/Angel Trumpet cuttings
    I can bring a few buckets to swap if anyone is interested.

You can bring anything garden related..... books/mags, buckets/pots, yard art, garden tools, etc.. so clean out that building and make room for more PLANTS!

• squirrelspur
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi rootdigger, I'm going to contact you this weekend ...am interested in some more of your plants such as the Hedychium coronarium - White Butterfly Ginger, Hibiscus, Mandevilla, Sweet Potato Vine...need to finalize our trade as I have a list of what you wanted from me. I also have lobelia inflata for you, don't think I mentioned it.

squirrelspur

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Hi Squirrelspur, Would you please send me the list you mentioned above? Thanks!

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Is anyone interested in the paddle leaf sedum/S.tetractinum?

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Is anyone interested in cuttings of caryopteris? Let me know and I'll bring some along. I can also take cuttings of purple Beautyberry, Pussy Willow, lilac (old fashioned or Miss Kim), a double Rose of Sharon, hydrangeas, Kerria (Japanese rose), Sweet Almond, Rosemary, Camellia, Figs, Kiwi, or Spirea (2 kinds).

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall Swap

• woodsworm
    16 years ago

Rootdigger, I am greedy. I would love all the paddle-leaf/Chinese sedum you want to give me. I got some last year, maybe from you, and it loves the poor dirt I have it in so much that I want more for more poor dirt in another spot! I like sedums period. Also, if you can share some rosemary that would be welcome.

I'll sign up for food wherever the holes are next week.

Anybody want some houseplants for the winter: kolanchoe well-rooted (I think it's all yellow), episcia cuttings being rooted in pearlite.

Anybody want to give me some spider lily? I lost some of mine to the drought. If so, I hope there's something on my trade list you'd like.

• dtpforu
    16 years ago

woodsworm, when you say "spider lily" what exactly are you looking for? Hymenocallis or Lycoris? I have both. If it's Lycoris, don't give up on them yet. They haven't had a chance to bloom yet. They will bloom this month, (I hope). If they don't, I guess I've lost all 50 or so that I have. However, if you're meaning Hymenocallis, I have a could, and I could dig one for you.

I'd like some of that Calycanthus floridus (Carolina Allspice) if I can. I still haven't had any luck getting that to live in my yard. I got some from you last year, but it didn't make it. Also, if you have enough to spare, Clethra alnifolia, (Sweet Pepperbush, Summer Sweet)?

Thanks,
    Vickie

• dtpforu
    16 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some thalictrum, Meadow Rue. Does anyone have any to trade?
    Thanks,
    Vickie

• dtpforu
    16 years ago

More things I'm looking for:

Paris polyphylla
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Dietes bicolor - Fortnight Lily
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Dianella caerulea - Flax Lily
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Remusatia pumila
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Chasmanthe bicolor
    - - - - - - - - -
    Chasmanthe floribunda
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Cautleya gracilis
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Heliconia rostrata
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Haloragis erecta
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Impatiens niamniamensis - Congo Cockatoo

If you have any, please let me know and maybe we can trade.

Thanks

Vickie

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Hey Woods, OK paddle leaf/Chinese sedum and some surprise sedums, and some rosemary. If it's also OK with you I'm going to bring your crocosmia and phlox. I'm going to have pretty limited car space at the Raleigh swap so this will work better!

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Yo Vickie, I have your nite blooming jasmine potted up. There are 3 cuttings, one of them has just barely started rooting. I also dug that scabiosa for you. Will see you at the swap.

• kaye-ccf
    16 years ago

I heard about your group from Vickie's e-mail to her daylily friends. I would like to come out on Saturday and I have these to trade:

Rain lilies - Zephyranthes and Habranthus
    Spider lilies (Lycoris radiata)
    Hardy Amaryllis - Burgaro grande and Voodoo
    Hedychiums - White Butterfly, Yellow Butterfly, Disney, Elizabeth, Pink V, Luna Moth, Dr. Moy
    Crinums - Ellen Bosanquet, Powellii pink, scabrum, and more
    Curcumas - Elata, Zedoaria 'Bicolor Wonder'
    Alpinia Nutans and another alpinia I'm not sure what it is
    Crocosmias
    Lots of daylilies - old and new
    Iris - Bearded, Japanese, Louisiana
    and other plants if anyone is interested.

I like tropical type plants (hardy or not), especially ones that are easy to propagate.

Kaye

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Hi Kaye, Glad you can come and Welcome to the Carolina board! I'm interested in your Hedychiums/Butterfly Gingers... Luna Moth and Pink V. Also your rain lilies - Zephyranthes and Habranthus.

I have some tropicals like..........
    Arundo variegata - reed grass
    Cryptocereus anthonyanus (aka Selenicereus anthonyanus)- ZigZag or Rick Rack cactus - NO spines!!
    Epiphyllum strictum - white night blooming cactus aka 'Christ in a Manger'.......
    Hibiscus acelatosa 'Asbury Haight'
    Musa basjoo - banana
    Musa Lasiocarpa
    Portulacaria afra, or Elephant Food Bush - tender houseplant
    Oh, I can dig a piece of the Tara ginger for you. It starts blooming before the other heydychiums for me and makes for nice eye candy!

...or just scroll up and look through the post for other items and/or check the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rootdigger's Trade/Swap List

• kaye-ccf
    16 years ago

Hi Rootdigger,

I can bring a Luna Moth and Pink V with me on Saturday. After looking at your on-line list, I have Anne Bishop but I just planted it all out. I will have it in the spring. I also have a peach that's at least 10' tall that I got from a friend who bought it from Plant Delights. I think it might be Peach Delight. I can also bring a piece of that one. I also have flavum, which I call Yellow Butterfly, and Alpinia zerumbet variegata.

I'd love to get 'Tahitian Flame', 'Daniel Weeks' and Curcuma petiolata 'Emperor'.

The rain lilies I grow are Lily Pies, Pink Panther, Pink Flamingoes, Labuffarosea, grandiflora and maybe a couple of others. I'll have to check on those.

I wasn't sure from looking at your list whether the plants you listed after the hedychiums are ones that you want or have. I have several of those and would like others, so let me know.

Thanks!

Kaye

• kaye-ccf
    16 years ago

Hi Rootdigger,

I forgot to mention some others you have that I'd like to get! The Musa lasiocarpa sounds wonderful! I have Musa Velutina (pink banana) I can trade. And the epiphyllium strictum sounds good too.

You may have already traded your red mandevilla, but I'd love to get a couple of cuttings if you have any left.

Kaye

• kaye-ccf
    16 years ago

Hi Squirrelspur,

I'd like to see your list.

Kaye
    crittercreekfarm@yahoo.com

• kaye-ccf
    16 years ago

Hi Vickie,

I have Dianella tasmanica 'Variegata' which has blue flowers. I'm not familiar with the caerulea.

Kaye

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Kaye, I sent you an email.

• dtpforu
    16 years ago

Hi Kaye, and of course you are welcome and anyone else that you would like to invite. I'm so glad my daylily friends are passing the word! Deb and I have been trying to get this plant swap going now for 2 years and we've been doing pretty good. You'll have a ton of fun. I'm like you, in that I like tropicals, too. Of course, my greenhouse is filled to bursting in the winter. LOL. OK, I would love to get any of the following:
    Any rain lilies, Hedychiums - Yellow Butterfly, Disney, Pink V, Luna Moth, Crinums - Ellen Bosanquet, Powellii pink, scabrum, and more, Iris - Japanese - any, Curcuma Elata and the Zedoaria 'Bicolor Wonder'. Am I being much of a pig yet?

Of course, I would LOVE the Dianella tasmanica 'Variegata'!

I have some new Curcuma's that I got this year - Pink Supreme - and the others I'll have to go get the names of them.
    I have one Burgundy Pineapple lily, tons of canna, (Richard Wallace),
    Rice Paper Plant - (if you get some of this, you may be cussing me out in a few years),
    Maranta a. variegata,
    PANCRATIUM Hymenocallis zeylanicum,
    Air Potato, if I can find that little potato that I dropped off the vine this afternoon,
    Abutilon 'Marion Stewart",
    I also have 2 pieces of a Hydrangea that my kids gave me years ago that is as tall as I am now. Found a couple of branches that were laying down on the ground so I cut them off the mother plant and they're out in the greenhouse now in a bucket of water.
    I have tons of Datura seed, the normal white and also the purple swirl.
    I have Pink Frost brugmansia and a yellow/orange one, not sure of the name.
    I also have a collection of Philodendrons that I might be able to get some cuttings from. P. Caulkin's gold I can definitely get a cutting, and a couple more that are in the greenhouse.
    Oh, and I can get a bunch of cuttings of both of my Glory Bowers (Clerodendrum thomsoniae), one is white with red bleeding, and the other is pink with red bleeding.
    I also have Daylilies (can you believe it?).

Ok, that's enough for now. Let me know if you're interested in trading any or all of the above. hahahahahahha

Thanks,

Vickie

• dtpforu
    16 years ago

Hey Deborah, woo hoo, you mean I'm finally getting that night blooming jasmine? hehehehehehe Want me to come get it or wait until Saturday? You're going to make me wait, aren't you. LOL Not a problem.

Bonnie Tucker is coming. She's going to make some cornbread to go with the chili. Yum! Going to make some cookies, too, but we may eat all those Friday night at the Rook party.

OH, and Kaye, while you're coming all the way from Seagrove, bring us some really pretty pottery. LOL, just kidding. I need to come visit your daylily farm! I didn't say earlier, but I also have Lilies. Almost as many or actually, probably more than I do Daylilies. That would mean 300 +. I just haven't dug any and probably won't unless someone wants something in particular that I might have for something really special. Lilies increase, but not like daylilies. Were you at the Regional this past weekend? If you were, I wouldn't have known it. I met so many people, there's no way I can remember them all. LOL

Thanks,

Vickie

• dtpforu
    16 years ago

squirrelspur, do you still have the following?

Laurus nobilis
    Erythrina Herbacea
    Odontonema strictum
    Odontonema callistachyum
    Ruttya Rabbit Ears
    Salvia transylvanica
    Salvia forskaohlei Balkan
    Salvia uliginosa
    Ruellia humilis

If so, I'm interested in trading for some or all.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Vickie

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Kaye, I've started your Monkey Tail, it roots easily and has bloomed every year for me. Here's a pic of mine from a couple years ago....

{{gwi:551709}}

{{gwi:551710}}

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Vickie, Squirrelspur said they wouldn't be able to make it.

• woodsworm
    16 years ago

Kaye, I'd love a crinum: Ellen Bosanquet, Powellii pink, scabrum, or whatever you want to give me. And I am greedy for Lycoris radiata, so I was delighted to see it you your offer list. Please see my trade list to see if there's anything you want. I am rooting some of the big, old double gardenias (think its Augusta grand). They are not ready to set out, but they're "taking," and I have had good luck with them; not sure they're on my trade list. Also not on the trade list is a yellow canna with red dots in the throat. I plan to bring some of this for the general trade, but if you want some let me know. I got it from Oldhousegardens.com, and I'm pretty sure it's "en avant" but it never had may red speckles on it -- maybe because I don't have it in a sunny enough location.

Vickie, I'm bringing Carolina Allspice and Sweet Pepper Bush for you, swapping for Lycoris radiata.

Rootdigger, I'm bringing your Atom glads, swapping for phlox, croscosmia, rosemary, paddle leaf and other sedum.

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Woods, I'd love a clethra and a couple gardenias if you have extra!

• kaye-ccf
    16 years ago

Hi Woodsworm,

I'll bring you some Lycoris radiata. I'll see if I can find a crinum that I can dig without disturbing a big clump.

I love gardenias! I already have all the cannas I need. Where can I see your list?

I'll go see if I can find some loose crinums.

Kaye

• kaye-ccf
    16 years ago

Hi Woodsworm,

I found a nice large Ellen Bosanquet bulb for you.

See you tomorrow,

Kaye

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler