Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtrx

WANTED: Where's the swap food list?

dirtrx
17 years ago

I can't believe we have gotten this close and not made a list!!! TJ won't be able to ring the bell without carbs. I'll bring a dessert. Do we want to do a theme such as hotdogs or sub makings? Of course I have been painting my DD room so maybe I missed the list through the paint fumes. Shannon/Dirtrx

Comments (21)

• aisgecko
    17 years ago

I like the idea of subs so I vote for that. But anything is fine. I was wondering when the list would get going. I'll wait and see what the "theme" is then add my contribution. -Ais.

• jeane
    17 years ago

Subs are a very good idea. Whatever the decision, I'll be happy to bring something.
    Shannon, we vote that you should bring your eclair pie!
    We will also need, plates, silverware, drink cups, napkins, plastic wrap, sharp knives, ice, drinks, desserts and .....
    I know there's more, please add to the list.
    Thanks,
    Jeanne

• dogridge
    17 years ago

I'll bring paper plates, paper towels and mustard

• tamelask
    17 years ago

IF i can get reasonable avocadoes i'll bring the guac. the salsa didn't go too well last swap, so i'm not sure if i'll do it this time. a bag or 2 of chips as well. if not, we'll bring sub fixins. tam

• dirtrx
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Do we have a head/stomach count? Subs would be easy, some bread, some condiments and meat, side of chips and dessert. Got the elcair down on my to do list. I will also bring some sub rolls and pepperoni.

• jeane
    17 years ago

It will be interesting to see the food table on saturday!!
    I'll be tomatos, lettuce, 1lb turkey, 8 rolls and italian salad dressing + dessert.
    If others would bring the same, with varing meats, cheese etc., I would estimate 30 - 40 people.

Please let us know.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,
    Jeanne

• aisgecko
    17 years ago

I'll bring salami, swiss, and rolls. I will bring a big jar of mayo too. -Ais.

• shari1332
    17 years ago

I'll bring ham, provolone, and a loaf of french bread.

• brenda_near_eno
    17 years ago

I'll bring assorted soft drinks in 2L bottles and cups - is 10 bottles enough do you think?. Can someone bring ice?

• trianglejohn
    17 years ago

I'll bring an ice chest and a couple of bags of ice.

Probably some bell peppers from the garden (I'm overrun), if I have time they will be sliced up and ready.

I'll bring some additional sandwich making stuff - meat, cheese, lettuce...

• rootdiggernc
    17 years ago

I'll bring chips and more drinks, keeping it simple this go round.

• yotedog
    17 years ago

Whats left to bring? I'll bring some fruit, or dessert, if nothing else pops to mind....

• raven20
    17 years ago

I'd planned on bringing a french bread loaf already made into a sub and a side salad. I'll also bring some bottles of water.
    Liz/Raven20

• tamelask
    17 years ago

i did get some avocadoes, but i'm not sure if they'll be ripe in time for smooth guac. so it may be chunky. we'll see. cross your fingers! not sure about salsa- depends on how much time i have. :) tam

• jeane
    17 years ago

We also need:
    Napkins
    dish towels (for wipe ups)
    John likes lots of desserts!
    Name Tags
    Large basket for rolls

It looks like there's enough makings for subs - maybe a little shy on meat - depends on how much Aisgecko and Shari are bringing and Raven's sub. Maybe some more cheese. Looks like drinks are covered. The fruit sounds good too.
    Thanks everyone.
    These are just my suggestions. As long as we have enough for John is really all that counts. lol

Thanks all,
    Jeanne

• shari1332
    17 years ago

Jean I'm bringing 1.5 lbs of ham and 18 slices of cheese.

I vote for brownies, anyone?

• Hollyclyff
    17 years ago

I can do brownies. Nuts or no?
    Dana

• alicia7b
    17 years ago

I'll bring napkins and paper towels.

• alicia7b
    17 years ago

I can bring a Tarheel pie too -- it's a chocolate pie.

• jeane
    17 years ago

Thanks all for saving the day!

People seem to like the Give Away table. So if you have anything you don't want please bring it along. Books, magazines, hand tools, all tools, hose - holes only if it's a dripper etc.

Going out to pot up a few more plants

See you very soon.

My cel# is 744-6704 call if you need directions tomorrow.

Jeanne

• jeane
    17 years ago

Oops one more thing I wanted to tell you:

John pays $50 per hour + $5 admin fee. He says it's only $50 but I have my doubts.

PLEASE PUT A DONATION IN THE "POT" TO HELP DEFER THIS COST

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x