Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Where's the swap food list?

Posted by dirtrx z7nc (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 31, 06 at 10:40

I can't believe we have gotten this close and not made a list!!! TJ won't be able to ring the bell without carbs. I'll bring a dessert. Do we want to do a theme such as hotdogs or sub makings? Of course I have been painting my DD room so maybe I missed the list through the paint fumes. Shannon/Dirtrx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Where's the swap food list?

I like the idea of subs so I vote for that. But anything is fine. I was wondering when the list would get going. I'll wait and see what the "theme" is then add my contribution. -Ais.

o

• Posted by jeane 7b Garner NC (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 31, 06 at 17:25

Subs are a very good idea. Whatever the decision, I'll be happy to bring something.
Shannon, we vote that you should bring your eclair pie!
We will also need, plates, silverware, drink cups, napkins, plastic wrap, sharp knives, ice, drinks, desserts and .....
I know there's more, please add to the list.
Thanks,
Jeanne

o

I'll bring paper plates, paper towels and mustard

o

IF i can get reasonable avocadoes i'll bring the guac. the salsa didn't go too well last swap, so i'm not sure if i'll do it this time. a bag or 2 of chips as well. if not, we'll bring sub fixins. tam

o

Do we have a head/stomach count? Subs would be easy, some bread, some condiments and meat, side of chips and dessert. Got the elcair down on my to do list. I will also bring some sub rolls and pepperoni.

o

Tue, Sep 5, 06 at 14:45

It will be interesting to see the food table on saturday!!
I'll be tomatos, lettuce, 1lb turkey, 8 rolls and italian salad dressing + dessert.
If others would bring the same, with varing meats, cheese etc., I would estimate 30 - 40 people.

Please let us know.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,
Jeanne

o

I'll bring salami, swiss, and rolls. I will bring a big jar of mayo too. -Ais.

o

I'll bring ham, provolone, and a loaf of french bread.

o

I'll bring assorted soft drinks in 2L bottles and cups - is 10 bottles enough do you think?. Can someone bring ice?

o

I'll bring an ice chest and a couple of bags of ice.

Probably some bell peppers from the garden (I'm overrun), if I have time they will be sliced up and ready.

I'll bring some additional sandwich making stuff - meat, cheese, lettuce...

o

I'll bring chips and more drinks, keeping it simple this go round.

o

Whats left to bring? I'll bring some fruit, or dessert, if nothing else pops to mind....

o

I'd planned on bringing a french bread loaf already made into a sub and a side salad. I'll also bring some bottles of water.
Liz/Raven20

o

i did get some avocadoes, but i'm not sure if they'll be ripe in time for smooth guac. so it may be chunky. we'll see. cross your fingers! not sure about salsa- depends on how much time i have. :) tam

o

Thu, Sep 7, 06 at 21:44

We also need:
Napkins
dish towels (for wipe ups)
John likes lots of desserts!
Name Tags
Large basket for rolls

It looks like there's enough makings for subs - maybe a little shy on meat - depends on how much Aisgecko and Shari are bringing and Raven's sub. Maybe some more cheese. Looks like drinks are covered. The fruit sounds good too.
Thanks everyone.
These are just my suggestions. As long as we have enough for John is really all that counts. lol

Thanks all,
Jeanne

o

Jean I'm bringing 1.5 lbs of ham and 18 slices of cheese.

I vote for brownies, anyone?

o

I can do brownies. Nuts or no?
Dana

o

I'll bring napkins and paper towels.

o
RE: WANTED: Where's the swap food list?also

I can bring a Tarheel pie too -- it's a chocolate pie.

o

Fri, Sep 8, 06 at 18:00

Thanks all for saving the day!

People seem to like the Give Away table. So if you have anything you don't want please bring it along. Books, magazines, hand tools, all tools, hose - holes only if it's a dripper etc.

Going out to pot up a few more plants

See you very soon.

My cel# is 744-6704 call if you need directions tomorrow.

Jeanne

o

Fri, Sep 8, 06 at 21:45

Oops one more thing I wanted to tell you:

John pays $50 per hour + $5 admin fee. He says it's only $50 but I have my doubts.

PLEASE PUT A DONATION IN THE "POT" TO HELP DEFER THIS COST

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here