Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Charlotte plant swap

Posted by laineyplantgrower 8- Charlotte, NC (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 13:09

Is anyone interested in a Charlotte plant swap? I have a few other people who will help host and plan.... now we're looking for a location. If you have any ideas, please let me know! If you'd want to attend, let me know that as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Charlotte plant swap

Would love a Charlotte plant swap. Keep us updated!

o

Charlotte area plant swap is for sure on for next month.
It is going to be held in Clover, SC.
More details to come shortly....if you are interested..please reply so we can get a good idea of how many people to expect....and have space for plants ect...
We will be having a drawing or two......and some exciting other fun things planned.
In the next couple of days we will have everything planned out and announced....but it will for sure be in September...either the 13th or the 20th and it will for sure be in Clover, SC.

o

I would like to come but will be at the Greer swap on the 20th.

o

I WILL be at the Greer swap on the 20th come HECK or HIGH Water. Looking for a ride with room for me and at least 2 3gal containers on the way back (more would be better), will pay gas, heck will pay for a share of a car rental if that is what it takes, do not want to miss that swap! Please girls any date but the 20th!

Frances

o

The finalized date for the Charlotte area plant swap is going the be September 13th at 3 pm in Clover, SC.

We will have 2 raffles being held with tickets available for purchase....1 for a glorious plant and 1 for a garden decor item.

We will also have a table for swaps of non-plant items like garden decor, books, fertilizer and the like.

We will have all the details nailed down for the swap in the next day or so...and all who sign up and send either of us an email will receive an email explaining how things will work and direction and phone numbers.

o

So far I have 5 people for sure interested in attending.....and some people working out their schedule.
I haven't posted on all my sites yet.....but, I wanted to let anyone interested know that I am going to be setting up an email contact list of all coming se we can exchange wants and haves with the people who are not on GW so everyone has an opportunity to set up other swaps on that day as well.

If you are interested...please email either Elaine or myself.

o

One week away... so what is the scoop so far?

o

It's still on...I sent out an email to everyone who had emailed me about coming to the swap.

If anyone else is interested...please email me ASAP...I am trying to figure out my final head count so I can figure out how many refreshments to buy and so on.

Thanks!!!
Frances

o

Thanks for the update!

o

no problem!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here