Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trianglejohn

Raleigh Fall Swap 2010 Details

trianglejohn
13 years ago

Raleigh Fall Swap 2010

Saturday September 18th, 1pm til 4pm (swap starts at 2pm)

Pine Shelter - White Deer Park - Garner, NC

Everything will be the same as in past swaps. Show up early if possible and help folks unload their swaps.

Just about anything is allowed to be swapped, houseplants, seeds, flower pots, nosy neighbors, surly teens, weeds, etc. Ours is a round robin style of swapping where for the first few rounds you snag one plant with each ding of the bell, we then advance to two or more plants per ding. Eventually we revert to chaos and anything left is fought over (I vote for Sumo wrestling). There is plenty of lawn area beside the shelter to set up your plant collection sites. Special trades or Non-Swap Trading should be conducted away from the shelter so as to not confuse the halucinating gardeners. Nothing can be sold while on park property, only trading allowed.

We have a pot luck picnic following the swap (always yummy!). A food list and addition threads might be added between today and swap day.

Anyone wanting to visit Plant Delights Nursery after the swap - I will be leading a caravan through the back roads to it (maybe 10 minutes away) for their fall open house. You might want to shop before touring the gardens since the registers will be closing at 5pm.

HereÂs the town of GarnerÂs web page about the park:

http://www.garnernc.gov/Departments/Parks%20and%20Recreation/Parks.aspx?ID=25

An easy way to get there is to take the Beltline to exit #299 and turn South (away from downtown Raleigh). The road you are on is Hammond or Person (it has two names). Stay on this same road as it crosses Hwy 70, by now it has changed names to Timber Drive. Take Timber Drive all the way to Aversboro Street and turn Right (this intersection has a Wallgreens, a CVS and a LoweÂs Foods). There is a small city sign showing how to get to White Deer or Lake Benson Park. White Deer Park is on the right side of the road. There is a church on the opposite side of the street. If you see a big wooden sign for Lake Benson you have gone one short block too far.

Once you enter the park take the first turn to the left and drive until you see the big parking lot. I think the parking lot is one way. Our shelter is after the turn and right up against the parking lot. Look for the small sign that says "Pine" up on the eave of the building. There is a map on the park website above.

The parks address is:

White Deer Park

2400 Aversboro Street

Garner NC 27529

Comments (3)

• woodsworm
    13 years ago

Yipee! Life is good again. I'll start a food list in a new message; first things first, eh?

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

count us in for being there ......

Lynne

• rootdiggernc
    13 years ago

Yay! We'll be there!

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company