Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: re: have: reason for lack of response to gw members

Posted by therahort 8 SC (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 29, 06 at 17:48

Well, I could not post the changes to my page that I wanted to make so that I could explain why I have not responded to any GW members, with whom I have made contact in the last two or three weeks, so I will explain here.
First, will you please accept my heartfelt and sincere apologies for my lack of response, due to circumstances beyond my control.
First, I have to depend upon Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College for the use of their computers in their lab, as I no longer have the use of a computer at home. Then, I have had family emergencies, with which I have had to take up time that I usually would have spent at the computer lab, responding to any e-mails. My oldest brother had a double hernia operation, which made it necessary for me to travel 50+ miles to Charleston, SC. Also, my younngest son required transportation and financial help, as he had an infected ulcer on the corona of his left eye, an irritated, inflamed corona of his right eye, preventing him from driving himself to the opthalmologist, and a cracked tooth at the same time that his eyesight prevented him from driving. Thankfully, both have recovered sufficiently that I can resume preparing for the Orangeburg County Fair, which takes place the first week in October.

At present, we are preparing entries for the ORangeburg County Fair, which takes place a month and a week from now, and this will prevent me from having time to spare to properly plant and take care of any new seed, or plants, etc. Not only this, but until after September 10, when I receive more money, I can not afford postage. For these reasons, I am asking all of GW exchange members, who I contacted about trading during the last weeks, to offer anything that I wanted to other members, who may want whatever I wanted.

Thank all of you for your patience, and understanding, and efforts in offering to trade with me.

I hope that this is free of errors, as I do not have time to edit it before I go home.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: re: have: reason for lack of response to gw members

Thank you. Moving this down the board.

o

My friend: I'm in Orangeburg SC, what is it you need? I'm right here by OC Tech and maybe can help you with plants, seeds.....send me a msg and we can get together....Judy B

o

Judy B,
It is great to know that a fellow GW member lives so close, only a half-hour's drive away. I want to commend you on becoming a Master Gardener. I always wanted to take the course, but being the responsible caregiver for my 96 year old mother prevented me from taking it. I have always wondered why Clemson U. or Orangeburg County Extension Service did not offer it online, as I know of several elderly people who have difficulty traveling who wanted to take it.
I am especially interested in gardening as therapy for elderly, and other disabled people, as well as children, even though I haven't had time to study it formally. An passion for gardening enabled my mother to stay active until the middle of November when she wad diagnosed with three heart valve leakages, and now has to be on oxygen and use a walker. Bless her heart, she just wants to get off of the oxygen, and get back out in the garden, so she is trying hard to do so, although it will take a lot of physical therapy and even then she may not be able to do so.
Right now, I am extremely limited with what I can do, but since my oldest son is still at home, and laid off, and can stay in the house with her on a limited basis, I am still able to garden, with limited ability and time. We are hoping that he will be able to get on Work Keys in January at OCTech so I will be even more pushed for time.
Hope that this msg is not too long, or boring. Hope to hear from you. Sincerely, Anne F

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here