Houzz Logo Print
rootdiggernc

Triad (High Point) Fall Swap - ALL Info - 2008

rootdiggernc
15 years ago

What: The Triad (High Point) Fall Swap!

When: Oct 4th, 2008 - Saturday

Time: 10 am (arrive and setup)

Where: Oak Hollow Park (directions below)

After the Swap : Pot Luck! Please bring food to share!

Finally! Directions!

From GSO or Winston.... East and West.

Coming from I-40 (east or west). Take the 210 exit back towards High Point (Hwy 68). It'll be a left coming from the east (to west) and a right coming from the Winston Salem area. Go 3.7 miles and turn right on Skeet Club (major intersection), If you go the wrong direction (left) there you'll be on Wendover, just turn around and go the other way. After the turn onto Skeet Club, go 2.2 miles to Waterview and take a left. Go 1.5 miles on Waterview and it dead ends into the park. The shelter will be right in front of you.

Coming from south of High Point. Take 85 'Business' towards Thomasville. The roads get really strange thru Lexington, so watch your signs close. After you get into High Point, take the 311 Bypass/Winston Salem exit. Be sure it is the Winston Salem exit, NOT the High Point exit. Go 4 miles on the 311 Bypass and take exit #23 Eastchester (Hwy 68). Turn right onto Eastchester. Go 2 miles on Eastchester and turn left onto Skeet Club Rd (major intersection). Then go 2.2 miles to Waterview and turn left on Waterview. That road goes about 1 1/2 miles and goes straight into the park. The shelter will be directly in front of you.

If anyone is real unsure about finding us or afraid they'll get lost, contact me thru email (with your GW name) and I'll give you hubbies cell # in case you get lost.

Actual address for the park is...

1841 Eastchester Drive, High Point NC, 27262

...but we're on the backside of it off Waterview so that won't work for where we'll actually meet but will put you close to it if you want to mapquest it.

We have the shelter rented for 10am to 2pm, but can get there as early as we want. People usually start arriving abt 10:00 to unload/set-up and do special trades. We'll try to start the swapping about 10:30, but we do take time for questions and scoping out the eye candy before the actual swapping starts.

We have a pot luck after the swap. I'm bringing 1 crockpot of chili (we could use another), cheese, paper and plastic goods (cups, napkins, plates, bowls and plastic ware). The shelter has lights and we do have electrical outlets if you need to plug something in to keep it warm. There's a potty nearby.

Special swap items are kept at your vehicles so they don't get mixed up with the general swap stuff.

We understand newbies may not have much or anything to trade, that's fine and we love to take newbies under our wings and help them get started. No one has ever gone away empty handed. If you don't have plants to bring you can still bring food for the potluck!

People always want to know what to bring? Anything garden related. I've seen seeds, yard art, garden tools, gourds, gardening mags, pots (a personal favorite of mine!) and more. Plants can be anything from annuals (more popular in the spring of course) perennials, shrubs, trees, houseplants, tropicals, herbs, edibles, natives, etc... From common stuff to the exotic, it's all good!

There is a nursery up the road that some people like to go to afterwards called Nelsons. If anyone wants directions to that we can do it at the swap. He may come this year to the swap if he's done with Furniture Market stuff. We also have the Farmer's Market/Nursery an exit up (from our I-40 exit) on Sandy Ridge Road that some like to visit.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comments (5)