Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Raleigh Swap Follow Up

Posted by tophersmith (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 11:36

It was great to put faces behind the names, I fell I came away from the swap with not only a great bunch of plants but more planting knowledge.

Thanks to all, see you in the spring
Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Raleigh Swap Follow Up

I'm so excited! That was my first plant swap and I absolutely LOVED IT!! I brought my mother-in-law with me and we just had the best time meeting people, listening to facts and opinions about plants, snacking and the thrill of the grab and run! The hardest part was choosing which plant to 'stalk' (ha ha!) for the next bell-- so many beauties to choose from!

I can't wait for the next one... this is only twice a year...?!? Thank you all for a great event and to TriangleJohn for organizing this.

o
RE: WANTED: Raleigh Swap Follow Up

John, thank you again for all you did to acquire the shelter and make this swap happen. It was great to see everyone again, and I am really excited about all the new "stuff" that I brought home. I am really excited about one plant that I picked up during the "grab session". It is a Red-Leaf Hibiscus acetosella 'Haight Ashbury' that has multi-colored cut leaves that makes it look like a small Japanese maple. I have been growing H. acetosella 'Red Shield' this summer against the west wall of our brick house and love how well it has done during our record heat. But this new cultivar 'Haight Ashbury' is stunning. To top it off, we recorded Bryce Lane's program on UNC-TV Saturday and watched it Saturday night. He always selects a plant of the week and guess what it was? H. acetosella 'Haight Ashbury'. Whom do I have to thank for bringing this gorgeous plant?

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of Hibiscus acetosella ' Haight Ashbury'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here