Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
High Point/Greensboro and Area Fall Plant Swap - 2009!!

Posted by rootdiggernc Z-7A NC (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 1, 09 at 13:06

Here's the Park/Swap info...
2009 High Point/Greensboro and Area Fall Plant Swap!!
Saturday October 17th, 10am - 2pm

Gibson Park
5217 W Wendover Ave
High Point, NC 27265
(336) 454-0259‎

Easy to google if you're unfamiliar with the area... but if you've been to our other swaps this will be easy to find. When you come off the interstate and come down Hwy 68S/Eastchester Dr., you take a left onto W. Wendover Ave., instead of the usual right onto Skeet Club Rd... It will be on your right 'after' Penny Rd and 'before' Tarrant Rd. The shelter we reserved will be the 1st one on your left, it's very close to the road... easy to unload plants and then move your vehicle to the parking lot.

We have it from 10 - 2... We'll set up at 10 (I think we can get in a little earlier) have the swap at 11, and there will be our usual potluck and chatter after the swap, so bring some goodies to share. We'll bring all the plates and cups type stuff and ice, water and tea, if you want something else to drink bring it along. Special trades that you've arranged need to be kept away from the general swap area. There's a game after our event so we will need to be out of there by 2. Let me know if you have any questions.

Remember ANYTHING garden related is fine to bring to swap, plants, bulbs, pots, gardening books/mags, yard art, tools, etc...

For those that are new to this...
All the plants will be put together inside the shelter, on tables or on the ground. We will call out for everyone to go in and get one plant. Once everyone has gotten one plant, we'll call out for everyone to go for another. This way everyone gets a chance at choosing something they really really want! Depending on the number of plants and people we'll up it to two plants, three plants, etc.. until all plants are gone. It helps, but is not required to label the plants you bring, but be prepared to answer a lot of repeat questions on the unfamiliar/unlabeled ones.

We're excited to be hosting this again and look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: High Point/Greensboro and Area Fall Plant Swap - 2009!!

Hey y'all! I plan on being there! I don't have a list of what I can bring just yet but I will get when I can.

Tammy and Larry.

o

I'll be there as well with plants and food!!! Looking forward to it! Judy

o

T and L,.. Great, look forward to seeing you again!

Judy, me too! :)

Ya'll feel free to post your plant list on here if you like.

o

Will try to be there this year. I have potted rosemary, several mints, equisetum, texas star, wormwood, lemon balm, bee balm, aloe vera, maybe a few others.

Looking for lemon verbena, any perennial herbs not listed above, any heirloom vegetable seeds, any passalong type plants, winter savory.

o

Hi Farmsteward! I have oregano, thyme, chives (regular and garlic) and fennel if you need any. I can check and see if I have any ripe seed yet on the duck potatoes if that interest you? I grow mine in a half barrel liner with the horsetail(to control the horsetail).

o

For the regulars, don't forget we're meeting somewhere new this year...

o

Thanks rootdigger, but I was just informed that I will not be able to make the trip after all. Y'all have a good time and maybe I can make the next one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Uwharrie Heirlooms

o

Added a hosta, some toad lilies, Jap Beech Ferns, and columbine to the growing pile tonight. I'm wiped,...

o

Deborah & Don,

Special Thanks for hosting another wonderful plants swap and thanks to all the gardeners who shared their plants. The weather was a little chilly but overall a wonderful time!! As always, I came away with some great plant - blackberry lillies, tall sedum, varigated toad lillies, tuberoses, cardinal plant and the list goes on. Judy

o

YVW, Judy! We had a great group and a good variety of plants! Look forward to seeing everyone at the seed swap. I'm collecting now for it, lol...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here