Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squirrelspur

WANTED: Thank you rootdiggernc High Pt Swap!!!!

squirrelspur
15 years ago

Thank you so much rootdiggernc for such a great swap. This was my first time at the High Pt. swap and hopefully not my last. I appreciate all the work you and your husband do to make this swap happen.

Food was great, company ever better!

Thrilled with the plants I got and I know the library will appreciate some of those tough plants - thanks all for your generosity.

Was so happy to see some of my old GW friends and meet some new ones.

Please folks now that we have met, if I have something on my trade list seeds or plants, feel free to contact me about a mail trade (seeds) or in person (plants) for the next swap. You can email me thru GW.

Karen

Comments (10)

• woodsworm
    15 years ago

It pained me to miss this swap. My Saturday got re-arranged. I'll catch up with you later.

• redheadedstepchild75
    15 years ago

I agree with Karen! Thank you so much Diane for hosting the swap!! Don was also very helpful....and I am glad I got to meet you both..as well as all the other great people I met! lol

I was nervous about not knowing anyone..and came away with some new garden friends...I'm very thankful for that!

The plants were awesome, the people even more awesome!

I look forward to the next swap!!! :)

If I have anything anyone is looking for..contact me as well! :)

Frances

• love2gardennc
    15 years ago

Thank You Deborah, I had a great time. I came away with so much more that I needed that I will be kept busy though the winter. Ilook forward to seeing everyone again in the spring, Les

• rootdiggernc
    15 years ago

You're all very welcome and Thanks to you all for making it such a great swap! Don and I have really come to love putting this together, but it's you all that make it work with your love of sharing! Gardeners are the BEST!

Woods we missed you!!

Frances, I'm glad you made it home OK. I'm guessing that you had to trade some plants to your family to get the kids loaded, lol.... we were all wondering as you left how on earth you'd accomplish it!! :)

Les and Karen I'm so glad I finally got to meet you both and swap some plants. I love everything we got!!

It's going to be really busy around here trying to bed down the gardens, ready and load the greenhouse and find all the babies new homes..... but fun!!

• redheadedstepchild75
    15 years ago

I just wanted everyone to see what we had to choose from...it was hard going round by round! lol

Sorry about calling you Diane Deborah..I was so tired last night! lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Goodness!!

• Tammy Owens
    15 years ago

I am ringing in too! This was my first swap and although I was nervous it proved to be a lot of fun! I just wish I could have stayed longer to get to sit down and really get to know some of y'all. Not to mention the chili smelled soo good! Sorry I missed that too!
    The swap turned out to be so much more then I had expected. And what a lovely day it was to have the swap too.
    I can't wait for the next one!!!
    Thank you to everyone who made it possible especially Mr. and Mrs."Rootdigger".

Tammy and Larry.

• rootdiggernc
    15 years ago

Frances, I knew what you meant. :) Thanks for posting the video. I meant to take pics and had my camera but I guess I was running my mouth too much, lol.

Tammy and Larry it was nice to meet you both! Hope you can stay next time as the pot luck afterwards is a great time to really chat and get to know some of the other garden folks!

OK, I have a problem. We couldn't fit all we wanted to bring into the car, so I still have plants sitting around I want to get rid of. There will be even more as I get things ready for winter. So, if anyone from this swap or former swaps is interested I'm thinking about the end of October I want to have a plant grab for GW'ers that would like to come by. Nothing structured, just people stopping by and take what you want that I have potted for this. Let me know through GW mail if you're interested.

• rootdiggernc
    15 years ago

Let me clarify... I do not want anything in return!!!! Just looking to get rid of extra plants.

• kerai
    15 years ago

Wish I lived closeby :-)

• plantbug
    15 years ago

rootdigger,

Thanks so much for the wonderful day! You and your husband are so good to spend your time to help us gardners. Looking forward to the next one. plantbug

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!