Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted...Helianthus, Swamp Sunflower

Posted by OldSCPmedic 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 13, 05 at 23:13

I am looking for the tall variety that stands fairly well on it;s own with clusters of 3-4 inch yellow daisy like flowers.

I have:

Daturas: White DBL, PurpleWhite DBl, Pinkish DBL, and other crosses.

Asters: purple dome, proffesor kippenburg both are blue with yellow centers and hit about knee high with afternoon sun only.

Solidago: yellow 6 footer...this came supposedly as a david phlox but I think someone goofed.

Coneflowers: White, purples, double deckers....all seeds

Black eyed susan: Annuals of several different colors and also goldsturms.

Iris: whites, purples...I do not know their names.

Petunia: I have grandmothers wild petunias that have been coming back for nearly 40 years....no jokes. Seeds only if lucky

I have several more that I know I have left out. I know I am new to all this but if something I send is not right I have plenty of back ups....just wrk with me.

Thx all for looking...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted...Helianthus, Swamp Sunflower

I have lots of Helianthus and blooming beautifully right now - would swap with you for plants - tempt me with something else you might have. Jo

o

Did you get the helianthus you wanted? E-mail me if not. I've got seed and I can dig up rosettes (they come up after the plant has finished blooming).

o

Not yet but I found some flowering at my daughter;s school...they seem quite obliged to let me poke around in the patch...just have not done so.

Never one to pass on an offer since I have plenty of land and hopefully plenty of time too;) With that said, I will certainly take a few of the seeds or a rosette...just let know what I need to do....kinda new to all this gardenin' stuff online per se'.

o

Let me know if you still need some. I do have some blooming and could give you a couple. Alicia7b, how do you get the seeds?

o

I am going to start checking the sunflowers two weeks after they are done flowering. Within 2-4 weeks the seeds should be ripe. The seeds are nutlets that are in with the dried bracts, and when they're ripe you can just shake them out. The seeds will be small and dark brown when ripe.

o

Alicia7b,
Thank you - kerai

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here