I have Water Oak 'Quercus nigra' acorns to trade

if you like...

Regards,

Ton

CTALLEY@nc.rr.com

Comments (10)

• tamelask
    16 years ago

i think i'd post on a california forum. surely someone would be able to help out. good luck!

• tonone
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tamelask z7,
    I hear you, but when I went to the California forum,
    I get this message:

"Please Note: Only registered members from California are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in."

• tamelask
    16 years ago

you know, i think that's how this one is, too, but people from other states can post in the discussions thread, just not the exchanges thread here. so it may be worth it to try CA discussions.

• tonone
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tamelask,
    I tried posting in the California exchange,
    but could not no matter what I did or how I tried,
    because, I guess, it is automatically known
    that you are NOT from that Zone or State
    when you create your Member Page,
    so you can't get into another state's forum.
    Ton

• tamelask
    16 years ago

yes, i understand that. what i'm saying is post it in the discussions pages NOT the exchange page. here on the carolina forum, the conversations and discussions are open to all, but the exchanges are only for NC/SC folks. not sure why it was set up that way. i'm just assuming that all the states are set up the same way, but don't know for sure.

• tonone
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've gotten responses for Coast Live Oak
    and Interior Live Oak, but still need
    the VALLEY Oak acorns,
    or Quercus lobata (California White Oak)

Some of those California Acorns are really kewl!

Ton

• tamelask
    16 years ago

can you post links or pix? we found some gigantic ones on a walk recently and were amazed. it's fun how many forms they come in. good luck!

• tonone
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi tamelask.
    I'm working on figgering just how I can put up images.
    I learned some html tips on how to post active links,
    so I'll see what I can do.
    Ton

• tamelask
    16 years ago

this is what i copied & pasted off of one of the forums (don't even remember where now!). i don't post pix every often so i have to go back and refer to it each time. i think photobucket's terms are just a little different now. experiment with the different codes they give you, and you should be bale to do it. if you've done it right, it will show up in your preview window. it sounds hard, but it's really not.

How to post pics directly into thread without learning the code.
    The absolute easiest and fastest way to post pics in a thread where you don't need to figure out the codes (you can learn them later) is to store your photos free at photobucket.com. They post the code under every picture so you would just copy and paste this code into the message. The code to copy starts with

The one thing you should also do is change the pic size so it is not too big. Photobucket gives you an edit button above every pic and your final pic should be around 100k or less. I just hit the REDUCE BY 50% button and that usually does it for me.

To post by typing the HTML code yourself:
    ...First you must post your pictures in an online album like snapfish.com, webshots.com, etc.

Then you use the code

with the only space being between "img" and "src" and no quotation marks.

To get the URLofpicture go to your album picture and right click on the full size picture. Left click on properties and copy the ENTIRE URL address from that window. Then go to the above code and take out the words URLofpicture and paste in what you copied. You can practise posting at the test forum test forum
    A couple of hints:
    Make sure you get the entire URL...some can be quite long and snapfish you need to get all 3 lines so pull your cursor past the first two so that you can copy the hidden 3rd line. Snapfish's URL's usually end in the letters si.

Make sure you type the code correctly..a lot of people mix up src and type scr and it will not work!

Yes, you put the code right in the message.
    Delete the "URLofpicture" and put in the real one right away.
    If you are embedding a picture right into your message like this, you don't need to use the browse button. That's only to link to a photo on your computer, and you can only do one at a time, and only in the original post, not a reply.
    How to get your picture smaller? Well, you either have to do it on your computer using a photo program, or if you use Photobucket, they have an edit button above each thumbnail picture, and you can resize there. I use Photobucket, and it is probably the easiest I've found.

• tamelask
    16 years ago

hey- i wanted to simplify this for you. i just did it in the conversations forum. photobucket has made it easier now. there's 4 lines under a pic after you upload it there. one says HTML code. that's all you need. just copy that entire line and paste in right into your message body where you want the picture. when you click preview it should show up. much easier than it used to be!

so- let's see some cool acorns!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!