Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

WANTED: to know for Kings Mtn, Grover, Shelby Spring Plant Swap

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

How important is it that the faclity have electricity?

Play area for children? or would you rather leave the kids at home? under age 10?

Any other important things ideas you would like to share.

Please post any thing you think would make a good/great plant swap.

What you think would make one better.

or

Whatever you wouldn't want to be included in a plant swap.

Gathering ideas, need to make plans.

Would like to get a purposed date set, and need to know how many could/would attend, and the importance of possible location.

Your imput is needed to make it happen. So if you would like to attend one for the one of the above mentioned locations then please post your opionions.

Thanks,

Fran/ncgardengirl

Comments (21)

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

I can't believe you have had no response here! Hopefully I can come once you settle on a date. I know I will have some things to swap.

• plantsonthepoint
    15 years ago

I posted on a former message board, but will put in my two cents again.

I live in the lowcountry of SC, but had lived in Shelby for 4 years until last Christmas. I would make arrangements to attend and I know at least 3 other local gardeners from Shelby who would certainly attend.

---Keith

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Keith!

countrygirl_sc, I can't either!

:( Fran

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Maybe it is just the holiday season. I know I am usually booked solid from Thanksgiving through the first half of January. This year has been the busiest so far because we have had more plans and a late start.

So what type of event did you have in mind?

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, I am thinking since NO ONE is interested I might just have something here at home.
    Tina would you go for that?
    Either April 25, May 2, OR May 16th.

Not sure yet. I am looking for input from possible swappers to KNOW what to do, however, since no one seems interested I am thinking maybe I should just do it at my place until we can generate some interest in it.

:) Fran

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I will certainly try to attend, and will have a better idea when the details are firmed up a bit. I have absolutely no preference as to the location (provided I can 'google' it) and it is not too far away from Gastonia, lol.

Home, park, kids, dogs, food, what ever you like is good for me, provided I have some notice and idea of where it is!

Frances

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Frances I KNEW I could count on you. I had already decided come hail or highwater I was coming to kidnap you that day anyway...hehe.

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

Fran, I have another person who is interested and she is sure she knows some other people that will come.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Anytime or anywhere is good for me. I do kind of favor the later date, however, just because I stay so busy that the extra days will help me to get it together easier. Not to mention, by then I will have more of an idea of what is going in the yard and what I need to get rid of. I swear I sow less seed each year and somehow end up with more plants than the year before....

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Um, Tiny, isn't that what we are supposed to do? get MORE than we started with? HEHE...

I would like to get it done early enough in the season to offer some veggies too, but it that isn't possible then flowering plants are good too. I was just hoping to have some veggies to offer.

I would hope a lot more folks would be interested.

Gail that would be great the more the merrier...it would be nice to have a nice turn-out to converse and share some gardening fun and of course food!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello All,
    Not sure how many are going to want to come but I am thinking maybe we will have this first one at my house if there are only a few who express interest in coming.
    Other wise we may hold it at the Moss Lake location, it will depend on the number we get confirmed to attend.

OMGOODNESS Tina, I just realized I changed your name above....lol, I guess now your tiny...lol. I am SOOOO sorry it is bad enough to have a slip of the tongue it is even worse when you have a slip of the finger....

Again, I would like to know which date looks best for everyone, from the dates posted April 25, May 2, OR May 16th.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

I'll be starting some goodies in the greenhouse pretty soon. I started cleaning up some last week to make room for some seed trays. I need to go through my seeds this week and see what I have.

• busyblonde
    15 years ago

I'm new to GardenWeb (well, after 8-9 year hiatus) - I'll follow this thread, as I'm trying to start seeds of my own this year for both veggies and flowers. I'm in Bessemer City. I'll probably have an excess of plants with all the seeds I've got, so a swap sounds great!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey BusyBlonde,
    I feel like we are neighbors...LOL Welcome back!
    I sure hope you decide to come, doesn't look like there will be a big crowd but I am sure we all will have fun at any rate!

• busyblonde
    15 years ago

Thanks for the welcome, ncgardengirl! I used to live in South Charlotte, and was a fairly active member on GardenWeb. Three moves later, I finally have the space to garden again - and a lot that badly needs some character. I hope to be able to make it to the swap!

• ladyhen
    15 years ago

I'm located between Lincolnton and Dallas. I'm in a new home, so I have virtually nothing in the ground, but am starting some veggies from seed currently.

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Hello busyblonde and ladyhen! another neighbor here in Gastonia!

(always good to meet people who are nearby!)

I hope Fran can update us soon, I am so looking forward to this swap!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well Frances dear if you didn't know I am moving and the other place has a VERY large yard. So if there are not that many of us I am very seriously considering holding it over there.
    So everybody grab a lawn chair any tables you might have and we'll just have us a picnic as well!

Welcome ladyhen, I sure hope you will decide to come. It is always nice to met GW members in person!

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Good luck with your move Fran! Picnic sounds like fun!

Frances

• love2gardennc
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,
    Let me know when and where and I will come. Love to see you and Tina again as well as meeting our newcomers.

Ladyhen and Busy blonde, if you read this email me. My garden always needs thinning.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    We are now all moved although NOT completely settled! LOL.
    We have much work to do and not enough time to do it in.

I would like to know what is the best date for everyone to come. Please let me know. Either May 2nd OR May 16th.
    I am open to any time. I will ask that you bring any lawn chairs you might have so you will be comfortable while eating and talking and getting to know each other.

Would you like to do 12:00 to 4:00 We can have a picnic type lunch before the swapping starts and after lunch do the side trades then get to the swap itself.
    I would like to have the 4 hour window that way anyone who might not wish to come to lunch can come in between 12:30 and 1:30 and then join us for the swap.
    OR we could start a little earlier and do the side trades then eat and then do the swap.
    Please let me know what you all would like to do. I want us all to have fun and have it when all can attend!

Please don't forget to bring lawn chairs and tables if you have them!

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm