• User
    11 years ago

Chris,
    Send that rain down to me in AIken!
    We are sooo dry I have to water.
    Boy, we really need some rain.

• Lynda Waldrep
    11 years ago

And now cold and some snow, possibly up to three inches, in the center of NC. Guess my winter sowing will finally have some appropriate weather.

• thatcompostguy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Now they're calling for snow north of I-85! Thankfully, this is the last of the moisture for what looks like a week around here right now. Can't wait! This lingering storm is going out with a bang!

• thatcompostguy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

no snow. just lots of rain. heavy sustained rain. ugh... looking forward to a week without any precipitation!

• Lynda Waldrep
    11 years ago

Nice weekend; snow melting. Now tonight we will be in the teens. I threw some handsful of leaves on emerging Trilliums. I am sure the fruit trees will be hurt. Sad.

• nannerbelle
    11 years ago

I know what you mean Chris!! On my totals for last year, we finished up here almost 2 inches above normal, and have got rain every couple of days since the first of the year. My builder is trying desperatly to get the footers poured on my new house with no luck. The concrete truck would become a fixture in my garden if they went in right now to pour. Oh well, maybe by June...... you guys short on the rain scale are more than welcome to mine.

• thatcompostguy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I built a house starting 2 years ago this month. The year of the big snow in January. They scraped the top soil off and then it snowed 6 or 8 inches. It was a lot for us however much it was. If I would have just thought, I'd have gotten out before it started melting and scraped it off with the blade on the tractor. but I waited and got to play in the mud.

We're looking at sleet and rain today. It was just 60 yesterday! Mother Nature needs to quit teasing us like this!

• thatcompostguy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Supposed to be inundated Wednesday with rain and wind! I hate wind!

• nannerbelle
    11 years ago

Finally got my footers poured last week. We have been trying to get a decent day or two since around Christmas. Now we get to have fun with the foundation. There is water standing on my driveway now at the new house. I can send you pics of the deer and turkey tracks in the mud that is my driveway. Anyone want to tell me how dry it is????

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths