o
Eastern NC

Posted by lindanc 7B (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 31, 09 at 18:36

Is there a garden club in Greenville or Pitt County? Thanks, Linda NC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eastern NC

Linda, there is a group that is working on a public garden over behind the Agriculture Office. You will have to check inside for a contact person. Also, Eastern NC Rose Club, contact person is in Winterville. I can find it if you would want that info.

George

o

• Posted by flower5 8 winterville NC (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 11, 09 at 20:44

Just moved to winterville nc Where is the Ag office??

o

Yes, there are several garden clubs, I believe. Call the Extension Office at 902-1709 and you should be able to get some information.

The group that works on the Ag Center gardens is the Pitt Co Master Gardener Volunteers. The Ag office is the Cooperative Extension Office on Government Circle off Old Creek Road. If I might shamelessly plug the Pitt Country Arboretum :).....there are guided walking tours on the first Thursday of every month at 10:00 a.m. (except June to Aug at 9:00 a.m. when it's cooler). There will be an Open House on Sunday, May 17 from 2:00 - 5:00.

Pam

o

• Posted by flower5 8 winterville NC (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 18, 09 at 13:47

thanks for the reply--I will be out of town for that open house weekend but I will be sure to visit the arboretum. i have moved from western New York area and am learning a whole new way of gardening here. The soil here is very different. I lived the same place for 40 years and the soil was perfect from years of composting. Now I am learning new plants and hoping my old favorite transplanted "bring alongs" will make the transition,.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here