Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drooping Arbor Vitaes

Posted by GreenfingerGene Triad, NC (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 9:52

I planted a row of $7 arbor vitaes two years ago and they had been doing really well until the heavy snow storm we had in January and they all drooped. I thought they were going to recover but every rain just sends them sideways again.

Any advice as to what to do with them at this point?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drooping Arbor Vitaes

Greenefinger,
Have you ever heard people on these forums say buy a conifer with a single leader?
Well, that's why.
If they don't have a single leader, trunk, they can split like that in snow, sometimes they actually split and side branches fall off.
I don't know what to tell you to do.
I have one that has multiple leaders, but we dont' get snow here, so I am going to see if mine does that or not/
Post this on the conifer fourm, they will know what to do, short of digging them up, I hope you don't have to.
Are they in the front of your home?
Can people see that from the street?
Sorry about that. At least they wern't expensive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here