Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a good this zones publication?

Posted by rosebacopa2 4MN (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 15:27

Hello,
I am looking for a magazine that would focus on plants, etc. for this zone.

Also I am looking for an extension publication or web emailing site that would perhaps provide monthly gardening info for growing in and near Raleigh??

Is there a book that would focus on Raleigh area perennial, tres, vegetables, annuals, shrubs, etc..

Thanks so much!
Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a good this zones publication?

Excellent question! Have no answer but I have the same curiosity.

o

Time to put your search engine to work. Answers are right at your finger tips...
1. Search for the magazine CAROLINA GARDENING. Worth the subscription price. Order it today.
2. Search for...gardening blogs north carolina. Some good ones available. Read them daily.
3. Search for...gardening books north carolina. This will lead you to the best and most informative.

o

Thanks for the info.. I'll look into all!
Lynn

o

When I lived in Minnesota the University of Minnesota had alot of information available to us gardeners..
Such as the monthly Yard and Garden postings on line..
The !immesota Horticulture Society published a magazine called the Northern Garener, it's articles are all written by local garden experts.

I am hoping to find similar "publications" for North Carolina...
However these suggestions Are helpful..

o

Extension in NC is very active. I put the generic website below, but our county has its own FB page and lots of local activities. I am sure Wake does, too. (Raleigh)

Also, there are publications galore. Most are on line now, but you can still find some in print. The Master Gardener program has many items on line, too. You can get Successfulgardener.org and put in Piedmont for Raleigh.

Tons of things for you on the internet. Don't know how many items are mailed anymore, due to cost factors.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: NC Extension

o

Thanks ncrescue

Very helpful..

I am specifically looking for a good basics gardening book to give to a friend who is just starting to garden in the Raleig area.
At this point I'm not sure how in depth of a book I want for her..
It would also need to have nice photos for plant identification (and to generate enthusiasm ) of course..

Any thought out there?.
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here