Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free compost giveaway dates 2008

Posted by quirkpod 7 Lewisville NC (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 08 at 18:29

Forsyth County Parks Dept is giving away free leaf mold to anyone who can show up with a truck or trailer to haul it off. All they ask is that you cover it with a tarp for the trip home. Contact 336-747-7308 Steve Dolan, Parks Dept. for more info. Dates: Good Friday Mar. 21, Sa. Mar. 22, Sa. Mar. 29, also Apr. 5 and 12, while supplies last. My plant swap is Apr. 5th here in Lewisville. Contact me for directions. Y'all come! :-D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free compost giveaway dates 2008

Isn't it an allergen?

o

It may be remotely construed as an allergen, but neither my DH or I have gotten sick from it in 6 years, and we are both prone to allergies. So we give it the thumbs-up! If you are allergic to mold, you may not want to take advantage of this free and wonderful resource. Even if you are allergic to mold, simply take an antifungal to keep your allergy under control and there wont be any problem. I have been reading about the true cause of chronic sinusitus for which doctors have mistakenly been giving antibiotics for, when all we need is an antifungal. Look into it here http://www.know-the-cause.com and here http://www.naturalcures.com

o

Hi, thanks so much for the information. I was wondering if you had the address for the give away. I called Mr Dolan and didn't even think to get the address. Is there usually a long wait? Do you know if they usually run out before the dates are over? Thanks again!!

o

I dont have the address. Call him back. Perhaps the website will help.

Here is a link that might be useful: city of WS

o

Hi everyone, I'm new to trading and GW. I spent the day spreading free mulch. It was a great day for it--plan to do it again tomorrow. Happy Easter everyone.

o

Thank you all for the great tip off.

My DH offered to bring some the first day and I believe he had company with another gentleman doing the same thingy...shoveling the mountains of mulch with a spoon size shovel.

Next day was more productive ;-).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here