Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
South Carolina Botanical Garden

Posted by transplanted2scin07 7 SC (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 08 at 19:36

I went to the SCBG at Clemson this past weekend for the first time in my life. Wow, wow, wow! What a truly AMAZING place! The Camellias were blooming (some of the blossoms were as big as saucers!), the Edgeworthias were blooming (and oh what an awesome scent!), the Hellebores were blooming; the daffodils were blooming, there was a beautiful Japanese Apricot tree in full bloom, and several other plants that I'm not familiar with had blooms, too.
I think I got whiplash from swiveling my head back and forth so quickly trying to take it all in. Hubby said it was like watching a kid at Disney World!
If any of you get the chance to go, I highly encourage it. And the best part: It's Free!
Sandi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: South Carolina Botanical Garden

I highly agree Sandi, and another fine time to visit is in the fall. It's been awhile but the images of the huge Ginkos all decked out in buttery yellow leaves and the scent of Ginger blooming in the air is still vivid in my mind!

o
RE: South Carolina Botanical Garden

Wow, sounds like a wonderful place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here