Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nettles17

any suggestions on moving a gazebo?

nettles17
18 years ago

We have a large gazebo, (8 x 10)set on two beams that we would like to move. The previous owners of our house built it...right in front of the family room windows!! So, not only does it completely block the windows, and the view of the garden I've been working hard on, it also takes up space on the patio. I don't know if we can move it, might be easier to tear it down and build another one. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are in the Raleigh area...is there someone we could hire to move it? It's way to big for us to move ourselves. Thanks for any help!

~Carolyne

Comments (5)

• aisgecko
    18 years ago

I know the neighbors had the deck removed in basically one piece when they had an addition put on their house. I think they used some sort of crane to do it. I'm not sure what the cost was and I can't get the name since they later had a lawsuit with the contractor, but maybe you can find somebody that would do it. Moving it might be expensive, but I would think it would be cheaper than rebuilding it if you want to keep it. Sounds like an odd place to put the gazebo, right next to the house. Good luck. -Ais.

• brenda_near_eno
    18 years ago

If you don't want it, put it on Freecycle with specifics on how you want it moved without damaging your yard. If you do want it, what part of the state are you in? You might get help to hire from Craig's list. Again, explain how you want it moved in one piece with proper equipment, so you get competent replies to your ad.

• seedbandito
    18 years ago

First question.. do you like it well enough to bother with it or would you prefer a new one?

Assuming it is now up on some "legs", can you not set some telphone poles (or some other round logs) under it & roll it to it's desired position? You could always have a cook out & invite friends & family to help.

Nancy

• nettles17
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks everyone! Actually my neighbor suggested using telephone poles, so that is an option. We also have a crane company coming to look to see if they can move it. It is a nice gazebo...and the key thing is that it would be much cheaper to move it then to build a new one. I'll let yall know how it goes!!:)

• bmaxx
    18 years ago

We moved a 8x12 storage building with 4inch PVC pipes. Use the car jack to get one end up on a pipe, then start rolling, and moving the pipes from one end to the other to keep it rolling. If you have a clear shot to where you want it moved, and it's relatively level, it can be done...

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting