Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant swaps

Posted by token28001 zone7 NC (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 5, 09 at 8:45

Anyone planning anything this year? I'm in Albemarle - 45 minutes East of Charlotte and South of Salisbury. I can drive. LOL.

I've got rooted cuttings, divisions, new plants started from seed, etc. I want to get some new plants this year.

Anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant swaps

ncgardengirl is planning on having one in late April or early May. It is on the Plant Exchange forum. How far are you from Greenville, SC? That is where I am located.

o
Sorry,

It is actually on the Carolina Gardening Exchange forum.

o

There is a Charlotte swap in May each year, but it isnt posted yet. Ditto High Point. I have a plant swap each Spring sometime in April here in Lewisville, NC, just north of W-S. ALso, there is a plant swap at the Miller Park Rec Center [W-S] Wednesday April 15th 630pm for the Ardmore Garden Club, but anyone can attend. Let's take a look at each other's lists and do a swap anytime.

Here is a link that might be useful: trade list

o

Thanks. I'll have to keep my eyes open. I have a lot of cuttings I'd like to get rid of. Most need another few months to be ready to trade. May sounds great.

Charlotte is 45 minutes. W-S is about 1:15.

o

Anything being planned for the Raleigh area this spring?

o

I just got in from working the Philly Flower Show (Phlower Show??) but I am ready to start planning. I am aiming for mid April, a Saturday afternoon and hoping for the large shelter at Crabtree Lake out by the airport.

o

fingers crossed for april 11.
current defense date is april 6 which means i can breathe then -- would love love love to be able to come down and say hi to people again.
going out of town weekend of april 18 so... well, you've got my vote for the 11th!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here