Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
transplanted2scin07

Plant/Seed Swap for Upstate South Carolinians?

I don't usually see many SC people here on this site but if you're out there, I'd like to know. I'm interested in hosting a plant/seed swap but need to know if there is anyone else interested. I'm in Greer, about halfway between Greenville and Spartanburg.

Comments (10)

• lsst
    16 years ago

I am also in Greer and was wondering if the Upstate did a plant swap. I have too many plants!

• ronda_in_carolina
    16 years ago

I am just about 45 seconds outside of Greer....lol. I can do a swap. I know already that I have hardy mums and persicaria

{{gwi:560134}}

• transplanted2scin07
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm glad to see some responses! I'll check back later in the week to see if there are more, but even if it's just the 3 of us, we should get together and trade some plants. Thanks and stay tuned.

• donkeyden
    16 years ago

wish i had things to trade but just got some things started recently. I could trade lots of donkey and horse manure lol. I am in Campobello up the road from you and am a transplant of 3 yrs now.

• cammiepaul
    16 years ago

I'm interested in a swap. I live in Wellford. My mother lives in Duncan and has many dirrerent plants in her yard. She is unable to take care of the beds and last year when we thinned the out, we placed a sign at the end of the drive that said "FREE FLOWER PLANTS" and still could not get anyone to stop.(and she lives on main street)

• iechris
    16 years ago

I live down by Cherrydale but work in Greer. I don't have much to swap, last year I propogated mint for all my co-workers, but I'd be interested if anyone wants mint or trailing coleus.

Ingrid C

• transplanted2scin07
    Original Author
    16 years ago

More responses - how exciting!
    If you click on either my name or(My Page)you should find my email address. Please drop me a line so I can get in touch with you when I am ready to send all the pertinent details. That way we don't clog up the gw site.
    Since it looks like we're going to be a fairly small group, I think anybody who wants to come (even if they only have manure!) should email me. It never hurts to have another garden friend nearby!

• transplanted2scin07
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cammiepaul, I need you to email me by clicking the blue link marked "(My Page)" that is next to my screen name and then clicking 'Send Me An Email' if you want to remain in the loop for a plant swap.

Thanks,
    Sandi

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    16 years ago

Hey, everyone! I live 10 miles north of Greer towards the big metropolis of Tigerville! I would be interested in a Swap. Some of us have been having one at Sunrise Assisted Living on Garlington Road in the spring and fall for the last couple of years. Usually May and August or September. It is hosted by tbug and we usually have drinks and food. the turn out has been very small...

Ronda, it has been a looonnnggg time since I have seen you! At Roses Unlimited Study day a few years ago...So long that you may not remember me!

• cammiepaul
    16 years ago

Any news of a upcoming swap? I am being over run and I don't have the heart to trash any plant.