Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
safariofthemind

Back After Long Absence

safariofthemind
14 years ago

Hi fellow garden lovers!

After a long absence for a job abroad and a break from gardening, I am back in Raleigh and back to getting dirt under my nails. I hope to reconnect with old garden friends and make new ones.

My garden dates back to 2000 and is typical amended Piedmont clay. 10 years ago I used plenty of back breaking labor, amendments and permatill and created a total of 30 beds in the 1 acre lot we live on. It comprises a shady back yard with hellebores, dogwoods, hydrangeas, edgeworthia, daphne, and the usual suspects and a sunny Southeast facing front yard with mounded beds that have mixed plantings of trees, shrubs and perennials and a few choice bulbs. It's an informal garden, tending towards the plant collector type.

After being away for so long I find the garden is somewhat "tired" and in need of revamping. To this end I am working in compost and permatill this spring and planting in new things, removing or cutting back others. I look forward to exchanging plants with other gardeners in the area.

When I get my camera fixed I'll post a couple of pictures. In the meantime, happy Spring everyone!

RJ aka Ssfariofthemind

Comments (4)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler