{{gwi:561629}}.......

Patio Peach

{{gwi:561632}}.......

dwarf iris

{{gwi:561635}}

Comments (13)

• budgiegarden
    15 years ago

Beautiful photos! Helps make the rain blahs go away..

• DYH
    15 years ago

So beautiful!

Yep, all this rain. I think I've seen the deer and rabbits boarding an ark.

Cameron

• token28001
    15 years ago

I'm not wanting to complain, but I will. LOL

We still needed the rain. I bet the lawnmower won't be able to handle the grass by the time it comes back from the shop.

• mad_about_mickey
    15 years ago

Wish that ark would come by here and take some of my deer and rabbits too !

• jqpublic
    15 years ago

I'm glad there is a pic thread again this year. Thanks for starting this...I wish I had some to share though!

• Lynda Waldrep
    15 years ago

Just returned from a trip to find lots of plants in bloom: Trillium cuneatum, bloodroot, trout lily, amenones, spring beauty, and a couple of viburnums. Wonderful. As for the critters, check out T. A.'s list of deer resistant plants. I just emailed him that deer ate two of the plants on his list, autumn fern and cast iron plant, this past winter. Guess the critters were very hungry. All in all, it is a good list and worth checking out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Deer resistant plants

• Iris GW
    15 years ago

Rue Anemone is blooming now - the clumps that get about 5 hours of morning sun do the best:

{{gwi:196099}}

Trout lilies are almost done now - this picture was about a week ago:

{{gwi:561640}}

And even without blooming, the foliage on this Shuttleworth ginger is so attractive; later it will have large exotic flowers tucked underneath the foliage (and no I did not clean and shine all those leaves - they are just the way Mother Nature made them!):

{{gwi:561642}}

• Lynda Waldrep
    15 years ago

Great photos, Esh. My gingers are also blooming right now. Wish I could ID some of them that are a little different...and maybe even that H. naniflora. Wouldn't that be exciting??I am going on a hike the first of May to an area where these plants are supposed to be. I will certainly get down close and check them out. I hope somebody has a camera because I don't "do" photos.

• pfmastin
    15 years ago

Veronica 'Georgia Blue' and Ipheon

{{gwi:561644}}

{{gwi:561646}}

• tamelask
    15 years ago

PF- love the frog planter and arrangement! So much fun! The ipheon and georgia blues are beautiful together.

susie your shots were gorgeous. thanks for posting and getting the ball rolling.

esh- i just went out yesterday and got some shots of natives as well as non natives. beautiful work!

• susie-nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Photos............
    {{gwi:561649}}

{{gwi:561652}}

{{gwi:561656}}
    {{gwi:561658}}

• pfmastin
    15 years ago

Thanks tamelask!
    susie_q - your Anemone blanda is so cute! Isn't that the sweetest bloom! Love the photo of the succulents.

• susie-nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks pfmastin, Here are a few more photos..........
    {{gwi:561662}}

{{gwi:561666}}.......
    Hellebore Babies
    {{gwi:561671}}......
    Hellebore
    {{gwi:561674}}

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths