Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
odyssey3

J&P outlet in Greenwood, SC?

odyssey3
15 years ago

Anybody been? Do you know if they sell plants or structures or both? I'm wanting to visit but thought I'd check to see if anyone else thought it was good before I go.

Comments (6)

• daylily96
    15 years ago

They sell plants, garden structures, pots, and lots of other gardening things. The last time I went there (last week) they did not have many perenial plants or bedding plants yet. They may have them by now. They also have many trees, shrubs, and roses. Last year they carried a lot of the plants from J&P, Parkseed, and Wayside catalogs. The prices are usually much cheaper than the catalogs. Around mid to end of June most of the Perenials were $1 to $3 dollars. I work in Greenwood so I usally go by there at least once a week during Spring & Summer. Last year they sold a lot of summer bulbs (Lilies, Dahlia, ect.) extremely cheap.

• odyssey3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the great info!! I am especially after roses so it is good news. I'd also like to see if I can pick up an inexpensive arbor. I'm going to head down there tomorrow. I have the address so I'll use my GPS. Is it far from Park Seed? I hope it is fairly straight forward to get here.

• daylily96
    15 years ago

It should not be too hard to find. It's on what we call the 72 bypass. It is located in the old walmart building in a shopping center. There is a McDonalds right in front of it. It's about 7 miles or so from park seed. I went by today at lunch and they have many more plants. Lots and Lots of roses.

• odyssey3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am excited! Thanks for the telling me about the location. I'll be on the lookout for the McDonald's. I'll report back how I make out.

• jitterbug4756
    15 years ago

I live in Greenwood also. I LOVE the place... I went by at least once a week last summer/fall & found all kinds of bargins.. 65.00 J&P catalog birdhouses for 10-15. lily & dalhia bulbs for $1 pk. got a 5 ft.weeping sally standard for 15.And J&P roses.. beautiful ,healthy 4-5s for 10/15.They add different plant selctions weekly.My sweetie bought me a 7ft. wrought iron tower & a6 ft wrought iron trellis for V-day at great prices.You may have gone by now, I havent checked this site in awhile, but you'll love it too.

• odyssey3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I went, I saw, I conquered. It was great--I bought two metal arches for $22, which were $79 in the catalog, as well as a big umbrella trellis for $60, which was $140 in the catalog. Also got a seed starter, a rolling sprayer and one rose. I was so impressed. I had to stop myself. I could have gotten more. The plants were not cheap though. The rose was $20, so no discount there other than saving on shipping. Maybe the plant discounts are more at the end of the season? Unfortunately, there were no David Austin English roses at all, which was disappointing. If anyone ever sees an Austin rose, please post and I will go down immediately!

Thanks again for the help!