Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about a weed (?) in my garden.

Posted by transplanted2scin07 7 SC (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 08 at 18:45

I have one garden that gets very early morning sun and very late afternoon sun, otherwise it is shaded. Late last summer I turned over the soil in that bed and now there is a low-growing plant that looks very much like a miniature/small version of a perennial geranium growing in the bed in several places. Is there a kind of wild or weedy geranium that grows in this area or could it be something completely different?
I wish I could give you a picture, but my son has borrowed my camera.
Thanks for any help.
Sandi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about a weed (?) in my garden.

There is a wild weedy geranium that grows everywhere. It looks like this: Carolina geranium

o

Thanks, Alicia!
That's exactly what I have growing in that garden. It's kind of a cute little plant. It's too bad the flowers are so tiny, otherwise I might have considered letting it stay. But then, of course, it would have ended up everywhere...

o

It's attractive now while it is small, but then it sprawls horribly, the leaves get coarse and widely separated, and it takes over the garden - I had the same thoughts about how pretty the early leaves were when I first saw it after I moved here. DON'T let it grow up!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here