Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you think of Carolina Gardening magazine?

Posted by alicia7b z7b/8aNC (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 20:06

I used to get it years ago but quit when it started to seem like it was recycling stories. I still have several old issues though, including a profile of the sisters's garden on Gimghoul Road in Chapel Hill. (I have been a fan of their garden ever since I first saw it when running in their neighborhood over 20 years ago.) But I do wish it had more numerous and in-depth stories about local gardeners and even nurseries.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you think of Carolina Gardening magazine?

I also let my subscription expire several years ago. Some of the newer garden writers they used needed a refresher (or in some cases, Basic training), in the Horticulture field. It reached a point where it was no longer interesting.
Rb

o

I liked some of the articles, but it should be called North Carolina Gardening. Not much in it specific to SC gardeners, especially retail nurseries, garden centers, etc.

o

It is the type of magazine I subscribe to, drop and then resubscribe.

I enjoy it when it arrives but as others state, it does seem to recycle articles. If you have not received it in the past, I say it it a shot.

o

even though i pick it up for free at a local garden shop, i still find it boring. dully written, no personality. they need to jazz it up.

pat
durham NC

o

Being from the North, I do find it interesting so far. I also enjoy the ads and find some good information in them. Just my opinion. Nancy

o

I found too, too many mistakes in the magazine and stopped my subscription. I am a daylily nut and an old garden rose nut. Every time they would have an article on either of these I would find statements that would have me seeing red because they were so WRONG! I realized that the articles about other plants that I don't know so well probably had mistakes too, and so I couldn't depend on anything I read. I quit reading. Denise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here