Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
viburnum macrocephalum 'sterile'

Posted by GreenfingerGene none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 20:12

I have visited every nursey and garden shop in High Point looking for a viburnum Chinese Snowball tree. Does anyone know where I can purchase this tree in the Triad area of North Caolina?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: viburnum macrocephalum 'sterile'

• Posted by lsst SC zone 7b (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 11:15

I live in upstate SC and we have quite a few nurseries that stock viburnum macrocephalum 'sterile'.

I recently bought two and the priced varied greatly from nursery to nursery. A few places that did not have it told me that they do not get there snowballs in until they start to bloom as the look alone sells them.

Maybe the nurseries near you will get them in as the plant blooms.

o

bigbloomers in Sanford has it. Just bought a second. My first is 15 ft tall and all budded out. evergreen. love it.

o

Wow, people.

GreenfingerGene explicitly asks about where to buy this shrub in the TRIAD of NC...and he gets random lectures from SC and Sanford...neither of which is in the Triad.

Gene, call around to nurseries (including big box store garden centers) into Greensboro as ask if they carry the Chinese snowball bush, and ask what size container they are being sold in.

Not precise help, but it's more helpful IMHO.

I could have told you about lots of nurseries in TN or SE VA that have the shrub, but...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here