Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karen__w

Spring Pics 4

karen__w z7 NC
15 years ago

I almost couldn't open #3 anymore, although I have much less patience with computers than with things like baby cyclamen. I can't believe that amsonia,Alicia. Mine is just starting to come up.

Autumn fern

{{gwi:565543}}

Uvularia grandiflora

{{gwi:565544}}

Calanthe discolor

{{gwi:565545}}

Epimedium youngianum

{{gwi:565546}}

Doublefile viburnum

{{gwi:565547}}

Yellowroot

{{gwi:565548}}

Comments (18)

• tamelask
    15 years ago

Gorgeous shots, Karen! You're right- that other thread was getting chunky.

• plantsonthepoint
    15 years ago

I love that Viburnum! I've recently gotten introduced to them and MUST have as many as possible!
    ---Keith

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

{{gwi:565549}}

{{gwi:565550}}

{{gwi:565551}}

{{gwi:58174}}

Big perennial bed starting to wake up
    {{gwi:565553}}

{{gwi:565555}}

{{gwi:565557}}

{{gwi:58170}}

{{gwi:58171}}

{{gwi:565560}}

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

The whole apple tree. A Liberty grafted onto dwarf rootstock. The Freedom is just starting to bloom.
    The apple and smoke trees are above the house.

{{gwi:565562}}

American Smoketree leaves

{{gwi:565564}}

and flower buds

{{gwi:565566}}

{{gwi:565568}}

{{gwi:565570}}

{{gwi:565572}}

I cut these in case we had a freeze Tues. night. Look at the size of Jesse's Song vs. Crimson King!

{{gwi:565574}}

{{gwi:565576}}

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

Still more pics! Anyone have pictures of iris they'd like to share?

{{gwi:565577}}

{{gwi:565578}}

{{gwi:565580}}

{{gwi:565581}}

{{gwi:58168}}

{{gwi:565582}}

{{gwi:58167}}

• DYH
    15 years ago

I put my thread up separately pointing to my blog of pix ...THEN I saw this continuation....SORRY! I used my blog for pix so it shouldn't slow down the load time with all my photos.

Cameron

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

I think it would be a good idea to keep each thread to 50 photos if they're taking a long time to load -- I didn't realize how many were on the third thread until Karen started this one.

Hansa rose. This rose smells wonderful. Very strong damask rose fragrance.

{{gwi:565583}}

More of Climbing Old Blush. One of my favorites. Fragrant, carefree, and reblooming.

{{gwi:565584}}

{{gwi:565585}}

{{gwi:565586}}

{{gwi:58172}}

Siberian Iris

{{gwi:565587}}

Running Green and Gold and Dwarf Crested Iris

{{gwi:565588}}

Close-up of Iris Jesse's Song

{{gwi:565589}}

Woodland phlox and Jacob's Ladder

{{gwi:565590}}

Foamflower. This one bloomed 2 weeks later than the first one and is very fragrant. I got this one in a trade from Ralph.

{{gwi:565591}}

Also received this lovely spiderwort in a trade.

{{gwi:565592}}

{{gwi:291222}}

• DYH
    15 years ago

The flowers are so gorgeous! It makes me wonder if this forum needs a "Gallery" section like some of the other forums.

Great photos!

Cameron

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

Thank you Cameron. :) I like the idea of a gallery section.

• trianglejohn
    15 years ago

I cannot begin to tell ya how popular these photo posts are.

Alicia - are you sure that's Jacob's Ladder? it don't look like the Jacobs Ladder I familiar with. Most of the ones I've seen would be a little bit taller than the Phlox, a little more purple with distinctive leaves down lower on the plant. Just wonderin.

I will share photos after I make a new account at one of the many free photo hosting sites (I've got plenty of accounts out there - I just don't remember my pass words or account names, it was years ago and my brain can only hold so much info. At my job I use multiple accounts and passwords so I don't relish the idea of adding more to the pile).

When iVillage bought Gardenweb they posted new guidelines that stated that any photo or comment included in a response became the property of iVillage. The inference was that they reserved the right to use information, advice, and photos posted on their site to be used in printed material or elsewhere on the web. Something to consider. I'll still post, but it won't be my best stuff since I do work in publishing and also as a garden writer.

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

John that is Jacob's Ladder, Polemonium reptans. I grew it from seed that I received from the NC Botanical Gardens. The flowers are a pale blue, although I have one that is pale lavender.

{{gwi:565593}}

• tamelask
    15 years ago

John- that's precisely why i don't post my best stuff, either. Wonder how we can go about getting a gallery area? Does anyone know the process?

• DYH
    15 years ago

Even if we use a gallery on GW, iVillage has the right to publish the photos and information. That's another reason why I prefer to blog to share info and photos more thoroughly. They did use photos and text from threads in the home decorating forum to create a slideshow that they published on iVillage.

Cameron

• tamelask
    15 years ago

I'm going to start putting a copyright logo embedded in my pix to discourage theft. I don't mind so much if GW uses them for slideshows, just don't want people grabbing stuff to print or use on their own websites w/o credit. I'd like to be able to print out stuff to sell as prints at some point, and if any joe can grab my pix & do that it defeats the purpose. I realize even with a gallery GW/ivillage has that right, it just might be easier for everyone.

• karen__w z7 NC
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I wish I could say I wasn't posting my best, but unfortunately I am. There are so many weeds in some of these photos, anybody should be too embarrassed to claim them as their own.

Case in point:
    {{gwi:565594}}

My new favorite iris that I just bought:
    {{gwi:565595}}

Viburnum Jermyn's Globe
    {{gwi:565596}}

'Unrootable China Red'
    {{gwi:565597}}

Not all fragrances of spring are sweet. (Or, thank goodness it got warm enough to bring this out of the garage.)
    {{gwi:565598}}

another salvia gregii
    {{gwi:565599}}

Phlox bifida
    {{gwi:565600}}

Ranunculus Greencourt Lemon
    {{gwi:565601}}

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

I think you just email GardenWeb or go to the Suggestions forum to ask for a gallery. I'll look into it later.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about someone stealing photographs, since I'm not in the publishing business. There are so many out there. This stuff is in effect already being "published" by its being put on the Internet, and I know that these are my plants and my garden. I like the idea of blogging but fear that it might rather be like talking to myself.

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

I started a thread on the Suggestions forum. Please post to support having a photo thread so that Tamara will see it and it won't fall to the bottom.

• alicia7b
    15 years ago

Karen thank you for posting your photos. One thing I love about these photo threads, aside from all the beautiful plant and flowers, is seeing how different everyone's gardens are.