Hosta-june-1
Salvia-snow hill-1
Hosta-francee-2
Begonia-dragon wing red-1
Rush-twisted arrows-2
Salvia-anthony parker2
Grape hyacinths-1
Sedum Carl -1

Looking for early spring flowers and bulbs. Also begonias, coral bells, black or maroon hosta, flowering shade lovers, etc

My tomatoes, peppers and eggplants didn't,t do too well this year so won't have any to bring.

But am getting several dozen eggs a day so let me know and I can bring some.

JDB, Corydalis and primula have my interest along with Japanese parsley. Hope you see things in my list!

o
RE: Raleigh 2014 Spring Swap - Trade List

Lorabell, I can bring you a corydalis, primula and japanese parsley. Wow, there's a lot things that I would like to get from you: mahongany ajuga, praying hands hosta, dazzleberry sedum, wonder of it all daylilly and a dozen of eggs. Within the next couple of days, I'll post additional plants for swap that you can choose from or if you see something on my current list, just let me know.

o

Jdb 3 of the juniper saved for you. I would like your campanula -white bells and hellbore foetidus.

I am updating my list Tuesday.

Thanks jdb for posting on the other string. I would not have found your secret hiding place. Lol

Lorabell...really enjoyed the lemon thyme and kales you gave me last year. The lemon thyme kept food "fresh" and summery during our LONG winter. I looking thru your treasures now. Dazzleberry sounds exciting.

o

Lorabell , I am interested in hosta -June, rush twisted arrows, salvia sensation and Anthony parker. I looking for things as they pop up that you are looking for...hopefully the rain will kick them in gear. Now we just need warmer temps. I will get my trade list in order.

o

Also, I have the following up for trade:
Strawberry Begonia - Saxifraga Stolonifera
Spiderworts - Tradescantia - purple
Toad Lillies
Acorus
White Gooseneck - Lysimachia Clethroides - great cut flower, but INVASIVE.

I’m also looking for:
Thyme
Tarragon
Chick n’ Hen (the plant - no animals)

o

Jdb, would love a toad lily. Have your pile set aside.

Lizi, have yours set aside as well.

less then 2 weeks to the swap!

o

Lorabell,

I'll get your toad lillies potted up. - Good Choice.

o

Bump to the Top.

o

Lisianthuslover, I got the campanula - white bells and hellbore foetidus. set aside for you.

o

I have several plants that are running rampant in my yard. (Be forewarned.) Please let me know if you want me to bring any of them:

lemon balm, Melissa officinalis
lambs' ears, Stachys byzantina
Ajuga reptans, both the green type and the one with purple leaves
Chinese chives (garlic chives), Allium tuberosum
butterfly bush, Buddleia davidii
Virginia creeper, Parthenocissus quinquefolia
thornless blackberry

I also have some well-behaved plants:
thyme - name unknown - it stays low and makes a nice mat
Confederate jasmine, Trachelospermum jasminoides - I have successfully rooted this many times - I will bring cuttings in soil if anyone wants to try - I don't currently have any rooted to bring.
Mahonia - not sure which one - I have some tiny seedlings.
Japanese maple - volunteer seedlings - these are not the very finely cut leaf. The leaves have 5 to 7 lobes and are reddish.
speedwell, Veronica spicata
variegated Aucuba japonica - looks like 'Gold dust' - I don't have any rooted but can bring cuttings in soil. It's easy. Great for deep shade.
purple coneflower, Echinacea purpurea - if they come up in time for me to find and pot them.

Special Trades
have:
1 partridge berry, Mitchella repens
1 Solomon's seal, Polygonatum biflorum
1 Carolina jasmine, Gelsemium sempervirens

looking for:
swamp milkweed, Asclepias incarnata
little Joe-Pyeweed, Eupatorium 'Little Joe'
coral honeysuckle, Lonicera sempervirens
or something interesting

Thanks.
Kat

o

OK. Special trades list...
Juniper blue pacific-6
Pink Sheffield chrysanthemum-2
Reddish orange crocosmia-2
Deep purple bearded irises-2
Grand parade bee balm-2
Pink sundrops-2
Native/red with pale yellow columbine-2
Euonymus japonicus aureo marginatus-2
Indoor- lavender African trailing violet-1
Purple butterfly bush-1
Deep purple verbena-3
Deep purple viola(edible)-4
Lamb's ear-1
Horsetail-1
Coreopsis nana-3
Red hot poker-2

Lorabell- I have 11 empty egg cartons for you. I hope you find something you like out of my list.

o

Lisi,

Would love a coreopis Nana, the crocosmia, deep purple verbena, and a bit of viola. Greatly appreciate any egg cartons.... The girls have been feasting on Russian kale and black cabbage from my winter garden this week..along with dandelions and greens from my nonsprayed yard. I maybe fall into the little bit crazy mode when it comes to my garden and chickens!ha

o

Kat - I would love to get thyme from you. Please check my list to see what I can bring to you.
Countrygirl - I'ld like some of your daffodils, please check my list - or make a request and I'll see if I have it in my garden.
Lis - I would like to get a trailing African violet, let me know what you want in exchange.

o

JDB, do you have any cardinal flower (red) this year? I saw it on your page but not in this list. That is what I would really love. If not, no worries, I'll be bringing the thyme anyway and will set some aside for you.

If anyone is interested in the Aucuba, I went through the bushes yesterday and found several rooted pieces which I've potted up.

Kat

o

Jdb - I would like your purple/maroon hellebore if it is still available. My shaded area has grown larger due to the trees. Pulled your items requested aside. How did the violet do from the fall swap?
Lorabell - everything you requested pulled aside for you. What do I do with the black cabbage? One of each of kale and cabbage didn't make it. So glad I got 2a from you last year. Should I let go to seed to plant more?

o

ok, ladies (so far no guys, i don't think...) i would love to set up a few special trades.

judy- i'd love to get some of your lobelia for me or the community garden. we have a wettish area i think it'd do well in. i don't know what i have that you might want- i'll come up with a list below but if you recall something i have, ask away!

lorabell- i'd be interested in your dazzleberry sedum and your twisted rush. i have a bunch of different begonias- at least 3 dragon/angel wings and some others (mostly rex types). i can bring a leaf or 2 of each that i can spare them from and you can have fun rooting goodies! or pick some other stuff from the list i'll post below.

carolinakate- i'd LOVE to get some of your lamb's ears for the community garden, as well as some thornless blackberries. do you know what variety it is? some thyme wouldn't be amiss, either. i have a monstrous coral honeysuckle i can take cuttings from. i've never had much luck getting them to root, but... i do have good luck starting the seeds, though those won't be ready for a while. i also have the peachy pink honeysuckle that our forum's front page shows (flame honeysuckle). it's well behaved and quite pretty.

i'm always game for any kind of sedum i don't have, coleus, anything that would be good for a full sun on sand community garden (we do flowers, herbs, veggies, fruit- you name it), and odd and unusual stuff.

ok, so so far i have potted up:
japanese maple seedlings
perilla seedlings
tricostemma seedlings
aquilegia canadensis (red & yellow native) seedlings
phlox divaricata (woodland phlox)
pawpaw seedlings
hellebore hybridus -1 to 2 year plants(still small) mixed colors
hosta ventricosa seedlings
white wood aster, (they are looking rough right now but should recover)
green grape cherry tomatoes
wineberries
dianthus japonica
carolina jessamine

i can easily dig (ask me to if you want some):
giant helianthus (gets15'!!) believe it's rough sunflower, helianthus angustifolia (swamp sunflower), black & blue salvia, fireworks goldenrod, amethystina toadlily, strawberry begonia, cross vine
aquarium plants- anubias nana and bolbitus fern
houseplants cuttings/starts of: drunkard's dream (rhipsalis), several types of abutilon (flowering maple), different begonias- mostly angel/dragon wings, or rex's, 2 or 3 plectranthuses, red oxalis, kalanchoes (several kinds), walking iris

if i think of or dig more stuff i'll post again.

o

Tammy,

I'll bring you a lobelia.

Do you by chance, have LIpstick salvia? The harsh winter got mine, the one that I've had for years. If not lipstick salvia, some type of red salvia. I've got to have something for the hummingbird, for when they return. Thanks.

o

Hello Tammy. This is Kim. I am really interested in your alstromeria. Are they available?

Jdb -- I have seeds for annual red salvia. Plenty.

Don't forget John! :)

o

Tammy,
Lambs' ears, thornless blackberry and thyme I will bring you.

I would love to try rooting your coral honeysuckle. If I don't succeed, maybe you can give me some seed later?

The thornless blackberry was given to me years ago. I have no idea what kind it is, but it produces well and the fruit is sweet.

Kat

o

Tammy,
Have the dazzleberry sedum and twisted rush put aside. And yes, would love a leaf from begonias. I made babies from a leaf of little brother Montgomery this winter ...how interesting was that!

o

Hello Tammy. This is Kim. I am really interested in your alstromeria. Are they available?

Jdb -- I have seeds for annual red salvia. Plenty.

Don't forget John! :)

o

lisianthuslover - I'm going to pass on the annual red salvia seeds, but thank you.

Jbarutis - I would love to get a cascading rose from you, please take a look at my swap list.

Kat - I'll check to see if the red lobeilia has come up and get back with you.

o

judy, i have lipstick and a solid red one i'm fairly certain is marischino. i can root cuttings of both but of course you won't know for a while if they've taken. i also have san carlos festival- which is a fuschia color if you want some of it. i need to make a mess of cuttings of it anyhow. if i were you, i'd try some of the seed from kim- i expect she's talking about salvia coccinea, which hummers LOVE. it reseeds nicely and really looks nice in addition to the perenns- in fact, it has much the same form as the perenns. you'll have blooms this summer from it, whereas since i'll be taking the cuttings this week for your perenns they may not bloom til mid to late summer.

lorabell, great! making babies from leaves is so much fun! :)

carolina kate- you got it. i'll also watch for seed and start some of it later in the summer and might even have babies sprouted in time for the fall swap with any luck. thanks! no worries on not knowing the variety of bberry- just thought i'd ask. produces well and sweet is what's important!!

kim, i'd love some of the salvia coccinea seed, and i do have alstromeria to pot up! i'll get you some and pot some other besides for the gen swap - hadn't thought about it but the patch is getting too big. sorry i forgot you'd mentioned it before.

o

Jdb, I've extra salvia as well, hot lips, lots of summer jewel...coccinea, Wendy's wish, just let me know if you'd like any and I,all set aside.

I realized as I am watching my flowers coming up this Spring, what a great thing this swap is. 3 years ago I had Nada, a totally empty over run with weeds and brier acre of land. Now I can hardly believe all the treasures I have. Way cool guys!

o

Thanks, Tammy.

o

Tammy - Thanks for the info on the salvia.

Lorabell - Is your Hot Lips Salvia alreay rooted? If so, I'd like to get one from you. Just let me know what you would like in exchange for that.

Kat - I can bring you a red cardinal flower.

I also have Persicaria Virginiana ‘Painter’s Palette’ for trade.

o

I have a couple of ostrich ferns for trade.

o

Jdb, thank you!

o

Jdb,
Hot lips salvia is a good sized plant. Would love to try persicardia virginiana

o

Lorabell - Great, I would love the hot lips salvia and I'll add Persicardia Virginiana to your pile.

o

Tammy - I would love a couple of paw paw seedlings. Don't know what I've got to trade yet, but if you've got a bunch, I'll just get them from the general swap.

o

Hollycliff - Do you have any epimedium for trade?

o

Hollycliff - I'm looking for pink or red epimedium, if you should have it. Just let me know what your looking for.

Lisianthuslover - Yes, I can bring you the maroon hellebores. Unfortunately, my trailing African violet didn't make it. If you have an extra, I'd like to get another one from you. Please look at my trade list and see what else you would like.

o

Judy, I would like one of the ostrich ferns for some of the daffodil bulbs. How big are they?

Lorabel, do you have extra dazzleberry sedum for some of the dafs? If not, maybe the hosta praying hands?

o

Countrygirl - I have several small fronds about 4" - 5" already potted up or I could dig you a larger one?

Tammy - I'm going to pass on the salvia, thanks though. I'll go ahead and bring you a purple lobelia.

o

Country girl,

I will bring both the sedum dazzleberry and the praying hands hosts for you. You have been so very generous with your swaps with me...and I have greatly appreciated it.

I've been babying the coleous as well from the fall swap and it is looking really good. I'm going to wait one more week till I put it out.......winter is over....right?

o

Thanks, Lorabell! Many of my coleus didn't make it over winter. but in cleaning up this weekend I discovered several of them had made it, just need TLC.

Judy, one of the small ones would be great or maybe two. I've never had ferns so don't know how fast they grow.

o

lorabell- wait til friday to put out your coleus! they want close to freezing temps both tues and weds nights, and not much warmer thurs night. just peeked at the monthly forecast on accuweather and once we get past this week it doesn't look bad for temps.

judy, if you think of anything you want, please let me know. i stuck a bunch of the san carlos fest today, but i won't bring any if you don't want them. i needed to root them anyhow for plant sales later. i can bring a pot of the solid red one (marischino) if you want... it's just been stuck last week, so no signs of life yet. they were dormant cuttings. or would you be interested in alstromeria? thanks for the lobelia!!

dana, i'm happy to set aside a couple paw paws for you. They are from seed i got from the saxapaw gen store- some from seed from an amazing pawpaw we ate from there. i wasn't going to bring them for the general trade, though i had a mess there last fall. i'd love some ironweed for the community garden.

o

OK. Shew. I forgot how crazy we get. Lol!

Country girl : I have the 2 euonymus bushes for you

Jdb: trailing violet, and 3 juniper bushes...I would like to try your ostrich fern please.

Tammy: I have seed for you...red salvia coccinea. Thank you for the alstromeria. Do you have another paw paw seedling? I got one from you last year. Do you think they would pollinate better than the single one?

Lorabell - I have crocosmia, viola, coreopsis, and verbena...and egg cartons.
Maybe I need to try your eggs?? I would like more things from your list but I don't want to be a hog. Lol. I just have to set a day to visit since my baby can run on his own 2 feet now.

Did I forget anyone or anything so far?

o

Lorabell: I’m bringing you Corydalis, Primula, Japanese Parsley,spotted toad lily, & painter’s palette
In exchange for: hot lips salvia, mahongany ajuga, praying hands hosta, dazzleberry sedum, wonder of all daylily, & eggs.

Lisianthuslover: I am going to pass on the 3 juniper that I had originally requested, but I’m still bringing you: Campanula (white bells), Helleborus Foetidus , purple maroon hellebores.
I still would like to get the trailing African violet.

Carolinakate (Kat) I’m bring you Red Cardinal flower in exchange for thyme.

Tammy: I’m bringing you a purple lobelia. I’m going to pass on the salvias, but would like to get alstromeria.

Country girl -" I’m bringing you ostrich ferns for daffodil bulbs.

Let me know if there is anything I’ve forgotten.

o

Lisianthuslover, I have your daffodil bulbs and a few yellow tulips set aside for you. The Mango Hot Poker is not quite large enough to divide yet. will also bring you more grape hyacinths.

Judy and Lorabell, I can also give you a couple of yellow tulip bulbs if you want. or I can put the extras in the general swap.

While I am pulling the grape hyacinths, would anyone else like some? It's not extra work as they are shallow and in soft soil. Don't want anything in exchange....I have lots because I have had them over 30 years!

o

by the way, would anyone like a Zanzibar houseplant? It is a rescue and needs TLC. I already have 2 and some rooted to pot up.

o

Countrygirl - I would like some of your grape hyacinths - let me know what I can bring you in exchange for those.

o

This will be my first swap. Our house is only 2 years old, so we are still landscaping and nothing is large enough to need splitting. Therefore, I am just looking for extra plants any of you may have.

We did go to a down the street neighbor's house yesterday and dug up some Mayapples. I can bring some of those if anyone is interested.

o

Tammy, what kind of plectranthus do you have? I would love to get some begonia cuttings from you. I haven't had any luck with leaves. I have three in my office that I got from you last year. Love the foliage. would you be interested in some daffodil bulbs?

o

Here's what I have, let me know if any mistakes

Jdb, mahogany ajuga, praying hands hosts, dazzleberry sedum, wonder of it all, and hot lips salvia. ...and eggs

Lisi...Kim, June hosts, twisted arrows rush, salvia sensation and Anthony parker.. Let me know if there are any more items on my list you would like..in exchange for your columbine. I also have some ready to transplant kale ...I don't save seeds from the plants, just give to the chickens when they start to bolt I do plant seedlings spring and fall.

Tammy, dazzleberry sedum and twisted rush

Country girl, dazzleberry sedum and hosts praying hands... And yes please, a yellow tulip bulb would be great.

o

Lorabell, I couldn't give you just one, so there are a couple big tulip bulbs with a few babies set aside for you.

o

Ok, I posted this in the wrong thread, so I'll re-post here:

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the swap on Saturday! I will bring more coral bark japanese maples, red cascade rose and dwarf nandina. Is anyone interested in mint?
I have babied my lovely coleus from the fall swap (thanks CountryGirl!) and dear hubby is happy to have them out of our south-facing bathtub! Would love to get a daphe odora, mexican orange, alstromeria or vegetable seedlings.

Judy, I'll bring you a red cascade rose.
Tammy, I don't have coleus to share yet, but I'll keep you posted ;-)
CountryGirl, I'd love some of your grape hyacinths. I know they are supposed to be indestructible, but somehow I lost most of mine.....

o

Sure, I will bring you some.

o

I have one special trade of this Iris that I have labeled as "Yellow and White Siberian Iris", but not sure if it is a Siberian. There are two bulbs and it is about to bloom. Tempt me. I am always looking for variegated plants, sedums,

o

countrygirl, it looks more like a dutch iris to me (i have a very similar one), but it depends. does it form a clump spreading out from the middle, or does it come from a bulb? dutch are bulbs; siberians form spreading clumps. also, dutch bloom earlier - like now, whereas siberians bloom in about a month.

countrygirl, i'll see what cuttings i can get off my begonias- some i have enough, but some i won't. which ones do you already have (what do they look like)? leaves aren't hard- you should try again - it's a magical process! i can talk you through it sat. i don't need daffs unless they are really unusual (strange colors, forms, or sizes). i love grape hyacinth but don't really need those either. tempted to try a zanzibar but am trying oh so hard to cut back on the houseplants! so no worries about even steven. oh, and as for plects, i have the rounded one that makes good hanging baskets called jewish ivy, i have mona purple, and i have one that has an ivy or oak like leaf that is strongly scented. i might have a couple more- i will have to go double ck. some grow slowly enough i don't want to take cuttings.

jeri, no worries- i see you often enough i can always get some later and if not, no biggie.

kim, you need 2 pawpaws for adequate pollination, so yes, i'll bring another. i wouldn't mind some crocosmia and or grand parade for the comm garden. i've tried crocs here before and it's too shady, but out there they'd be stunning! and beebalm is always nice. esp shorter types...

dekeobe, no worries. just bring your mayapples to the general swap unless someone speaks up for them here. we always have some newbies, and we welcome them with open arms- we've all been there at some point. those of us who've been going a while always bring WAY too much and speaking for myself my goal is always to come away with less than i bring so it evens out. just bring something yummy for the potluck. :) and welcome!

o

Tammy - thanks and yes, I can bring you crocosmia and bee balm.

Lorabell- the day lily is beautiful or a pinch of dazzleberry if you have any left to give away. I can bring you some of the columbine. Do you have society garlic? Oh and I would definitely like some eggs please.

o

Tammy, I believe you are correct that it is a Dutch Iris. I was sure I had it mislabeled. It grows straight and tall. Lovely in a group.

One begonia has oval dark green sort of glossy leave leaves and the other has white spots. I am willing to try leaves. I will pass on the plecs.

o

The Zanzibar has been spoken for.

o

Lisi. Kim

I'll add to your stash the daylily, a smaller bit of the dazzleberry sedum, and I do have some seedlings of society garlic started in jan.-

o

Whoa! Lorabell, I was trying to find something in my seed colleection that you might not have. I have a little salsify.

o

Lisianthuslover - Yes, I can bring you a ostrich fern - Can I get one of your deep purple bearded iris?

Countrygirl - Yes, I would love some yellow tulip bulbs if still available. Let me know what you would like.

Jerri - Let me know what you would like for the cascading rose.

o

Judy-thank you so much. You are very sweet. And yes i will set aside the irises. I am also looking around to see if I have anything truly special for you for all your trades since you passed on the juniper.

o

Yes, Judy. I have a few tulips left that I will put your name on.

o

Judy-thank you so much. You are very sweet. And yes i will set aside the irises. I am also looking around to see if I have anything truly special for you for all your trades since you passed on the juniper.

o

I am so far behind because of the cold weather that I wish the swap wasn't for another month. I am potting up a gorgeous Monarda variety that John and I think is 'Raspberry Wine'. It has proven to be very powdery mildew resistant. I am also potting variegated Petasites (Coltsfoot). Its foliage is very striking green and yellow right now (shade), but it has proven to be a bit of a thug in that it spreads underground. I have several just sprouted ornamental 'Bonanza' type dwarf peach trees in gallon pots. The six-year old parent tree is one of the favourite plants in my yard and seems to be disease resistant. I can dig ginger lilies, Bengal Tiger Cannas, 'El Butano' Salvia, variegated Bishop's Weed (not as aggressive as the green-leaf form), Cana 'Australia, lavender garden Phlox, dwar Mondo Grass and I have lots of year old geraniums that I overwintered. I may have lost several of my long time salvias to the cold including 'Wild Watermelon', 'Hot Lips' and 'San Carlos Festival'. It will be a while beore I give up on things sprouting from their roots. Tammy, I would like to have a Paw Paw seedling if you have any left because I have only one tree now. I am really excited about seeing everyone again Saturday.

o

Whoa! Lorabell, I was trying to find something in my seed colleection that you might not have. I have a little salsify.

o

Ralph, I can't wait to see the Raspberry Wine!

o

The way our weather is going I may need some raspberry wine just to get through the month...or maybe I should whine about my raspberries!

(and I actually LIKE cold weather!!! but not while things are in full bloom)

o

Just a reminder, Food List for the swap has been posted on the exchange page.

o

Lisi
No worries. No need for a trade..just take what you can use and I'll throw the rest in the general swap

Ralph, I spent the winter propagating those wonderful salvias I received from you last spring...I've extra hot lips if yours didn't mKe it. I've also a few special cherry tomatoes and sweet peppers for your school garden if you can use. The husband managed to kill the eggplants and most of my reg tomatoes in 4 short days. He has the opposite of a green thumb...the death thumb!

o

ralph, you get the last paw paw. :) i wouldn't say no to dwarf mondo. i just stuck cuttings of san carlos. hoping to make it out to your plant sale in may(?), so if yours doesn't show by then i can bring you some pots. i hear you on wishing for more time!!

country girl, begonias noted. i know which one the oval one is; most likely beefsteak or lettuce leaf, but the speckled one could be one of about 3. i'll bring an assortment.

lisianthus, sounds great!

o

Judy, I only have yellow and a small amount of white epi.
Tammy, my ironweed is not up yet, but if you want I'd be happy to dig a clump around a dead stalk from last year. It should still be a set of live roots in there. Just no leaves yet.

o

Thanks, Dana, for the info on your epi. I have the yellow, possibly, I got it from you in the past. Anything out of my garden that you need?

o

I am late to find this thread. hope not to late. I have no seedlings this year, too cold
I have to trade ;
5 azaleas that I dug and repotted (were purchased and planted years ago, were nice til neighbor put up a fence.) Pink

2 Camelias, also pink . (see above) and deer always eat them, repotted yesterday. look good.

1- 3 ft tall forsythia . dug and potted in fall. survived winter staked. is bare root wrapped in paper towels. Trunk is over 1 1/2 inch diameter.

grape hyacinths

I am looking for:
red hot poker

tomato plant seedlings

pepper plant seedlings.

Tammy if you have a piece of the drunkards dream I will see what I have otherwise.

I also have a set of homemade rain barrels that hook together to fill in succession, will not be bringing them , but let me know if interested. They may not be pretty, but they work great. All have either a lid and screen or a screen.
and the fittings for hoses and an overflow tube on last one in row.
Does anyone have any angels trumpets that are not the usual yellow?
Or anything for filling shade and another area morning sun to fill.

I do have a bunch of pink Christmas cactus , some yellow, white and salmon. And lots of Mother of Thousands, potted up by threes to a 6 oz cup. Great for baby shower favors.

I have regular green or a few red hens and chicks. green ones are large. Red ones are 2-3 inches.JDBHEARTEASE if interested for ostrich fern??
Thanks in advance. hope weather is nice !!

o

dana, sure, but if you don't find any roots, no worries. we can do it later or in fall.

mad@mickey- i'm happy to get you a good chunk of drunkard's dream. i'd be thrilled to get some hen & chicks, both colors; i've been wanting them for a while. what else could i bring you? i'm bringing a few green grape cherry tomatoes- want one of those? I'll look and see if i have any others that i have enough extras to share. our community garden could use the rain barrels! we can talk about it at the swap if you're interested in that. we always have water issues out there since we don't have electric or a well.

o

Mad about mickey- hello! I have a red hot poker for you. Do you have a photo of your rain barrel? I have 2 areas that need them. I know Tammy asked first about it. Maybe you could share your design with me? I will give a pink azalea a go. Lol, my neighbor put up a BIG white fence and I need some color from ALL THE WHITE. Or maybe a red hen and chicks.

o

Attention Gardeners! The weather is going to flat out suck tomorrow. I doubt I can change the date with the park service soooooo I will be there at the scheduled time but for those of you driving a great distance I would rather not be the reason you are on the road. I will try and get a new date in May, or maybe June just to be safe - maybe winter will be over by then!!!

I will be at the shelter and I will bring some plants but I wasn't hoping to take anything home (famous last words) so if you want to come splash around in the puddles feel free to spend the afternoon in Garner.

o

A little confused...
So is the exchange officially postponed and a new date will be announced

Or will this exchange still take place come rain and cold and a second exchange later will also be held?

Drat .. Ok, I'm still coming from Fayetteville. Please special exchange people let me know if you will be there
so I can bring the correct plants for everyone.
Laura

o

John - Thanks for being considerate about us out of town swappers. I had planned on coming regardless of the weather. Since I live in W-S, what the weather forecast for you guys?

mad@mickey If you still have both colors of the chick and hens, especially the red, available I would like some. I can bring you a couple of bare root ostrich fern for those.

o

I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Thank you Casalester.

o

Rereading my post I realized it didn't reflect the smile I had on my face while writing it at the possibility of a second exchange! Didn't intend to sound gruff,
...back outside for me to play in the dirt.....

o

Laura, I definitely will be at the swap tomorrow. It may be June before I can get my act together with rooted cuttings and seed starting I have planned. And I still cannot tell whether some things are lost or just slow coming out. As you can tell, I would definitely welcome a second swap, the later the better.

o

John, thanks for all your efforts! I hope you will be able to schedule another swap for May or June.

I will stay in Greensboro tomorrow.
Tammy, I will hold on to your lambs' ears, thornless blackberries, and thyme until a later date.
Judy, ditto for your thyme, and Ralph, for your Chinese chives.

If you can, Judy, please hang on to the red lobelia and, Ralph, the monarda, and I will get them at the rescheduled swap. Or, if I get a chance to come to either W-S or Raleigh before then, I can see if I can meet with you to make the individual swaps. If you have no place to keep them, I understand.

Tammy, I am still interested in your coral honeysuckle cuttings. If you haven't already made them, maybe you could wait until the next swap?

Sorry to back out. Some bug has got hold of me.

Kat

o

The swap will go on rain or shine but I am not expecting as many people to brave the weather. There really isn't any way to cancel, too many swappers are not active on Garden Web so they will never see the notice. The shelter is rented for the afternoon so some of us will be there and I will try and organize a summer swap for all the people that can't attend.

Judy they are calling for cold rain and wind all day. Lets hope all that craziness happens early in the morning and leaves us alone.

o

John, I'm not sure why I was even reading this thread since I wasn't planning to come, BUT what are 'you all' worried about. l just checked weather for Garner and it is similar to my weather in Pittsboro. By two in the afternoon, showers or light rain is rated at 40%. That usually means it won't rain. I also see that wind chill is at 3 degrees which means nice day. A cloudy day is great for plants in cars. Gardeners aren't wimps....are they?

o

Ok...Late again... I will be there
For Tammy I have red and green hens and chicks for a piece of drunkards dream
For JDBHEARTEASE hens and chicks -red preferred for ostrich ferns
for lisanthus lover a pink azalea for redhot poker..I will definitely share my design with you anyway. It is here on gw somewhere...
thanks all

o

And I came to Raleigh yesterday, so I'm going to be there. It won't be the first time I've stood in the pouring rain looking at plants! ....or the last! LOL

o

I think it is all the hauling plants in and out of the vehicles that makes bad weather scare folks. The shelter can hold us if it really starts to pour. Maybe we need to offer up some sort of sacrifice to get summer on its way.

o

carolina kate, i hadn't done the cuttings yet but will try to stick some in the next week or so for you so that if we have a later one i may have something rooted for you! and if not, it'll only be about 6 weeks or so til seeds.... hope you feel better soon!

crossing fingers it gets all the wind and the worst of the rain out of its system, at least during our active times. sure will make things easier for all of us!

o

April showers bring May flowers...lol

o

And I came to Raleigh yesterday, so I'm going to be there. It won't be the first time I've stood in the pouring rain looking at plants! ....or the last! LOL

o

Sorry. I was trying bookmark this page and posted again!

o

Tammy, I brought you a cutting from a begonia that I bought at the Elizabethan Garden in the outer banks. Hoping you don't already have it. It is begonia withacoochee. It has delicate looking blooms, says it is a trailing begonia

o

countrygirl- nope, don't have that and it sounds delightful! Thanks SO much!

o

I will be at the swap today. A little rain can't keep me away! I know several people who are coming & haven't posted here.

Judy, I have a large red cascade rose for you. If you see this post in time, I'll take a Siberian iris or phlox (no worries if you don't).

o

Thanks, Tammy. I sometimes come to the Raleigh area and I could bring your plants that way if I was coming. We could meet somewhere convenient for you if I did. I noticed you don't have email enabled on Garden Web. Do you check this forum often enough that I could let you know by posting to you here?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here