Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lylesgardens

lylesgardens
16 years ago

Hi All!

New member here, just popped in to say hello and introduce myself. Lyle is my name, living in Concord NC. Recent homeowner and have some nice things in my front, back and side yards. Always looking to add more things, get advice on whats there already and share my thoughts. Avid gardener, artist and romantic. Any other members from my area? Hope to meet some of you on here soon. Grow!

Comments (9)

• trianglejohn
    16 years ago

Welcome aboard the friendliest forum on the world wide web!

• DYH
    16 years ago

Hello and welcome!

You're living in a beautiful area. I love the land around Concord.

Cameron

• plantsonthepoint
    16 years ago

Hello Lyle,
    I'm not exactly near you, here in the bottom of SC, but it would be unSouthern not to say hello anyway. Welcome.
    ---Keith

• lylesgardens
    Original Author
    16 years ago

John- Hello and thank you! Seems like a great place so far.

Cameron- Hello and thanks! It is a lovely area around here, unfortunately some of this old pristine farmland is being developed at a rate that is sometimes staggering.

Keith- much obliged neighbor! Greetings to you too! Been down yer way many a time. Have to admit one of my favorite beaches is in your state. *S* ( Folly Beach )

• nannerbelle
    15 years ago

Welcome Lyle!! Middle SC here. I'm a Charlotte area native and it's so true the farmland development is staggering all around the Queen City. I miss seeing all of it in that beautiful area. This is a very friendly forum, they even tolerate questions from me :-) So ask away and I'm sure you will find help here for what ever questions you may have. And these folks have some good info too!! :-)

• rootdiggernc
    15 years ago

Hi Lyle and Welcome!! I'm abt 60 miles north of you in Davidson County. Beautiful area down there when you get far enough out from the traffic!! :) Dh use to work down there when gas was umm, a bit more affordable, lol.

• jqpublic
    15 years ago

Welcome!!!

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

Glad to have you here. Doesn't it get kinda noisy from time to time on some Fridays thru Sundays around there? ;)

• lylesgardens
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NannerBelle- thank you! I swear there is a new piece of land being built on every day. I work in Davidson, a 20 mile trip west, and even 5 years ago that was all fairly barren around there. Now there are lots with houses dotting the landscape!

Rootdigger- hello and thank you! Traffic everywhere here, worse now than it was even a few years back! But, solace in the garden you forget about that pretty quick.

JQ Public- hello and thanks for the welcome!

JIM- thank you for that. And howdy! Weekends can be noisy...race weekends especially, loads of traffic. I plan my quiet time around all that jazz.

I have LOADS of questions, but the forums are tricky I dont know sometimes where to post them all!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.Lyle

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor