Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Tours in Charlotte area?

Posted by shenandoah 7NC (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 15:19

I know about the Gardeners' Garden Tour sponsored by Wing Haven, but I'm wondering if there are any other tours in outlying areas taking place in May?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Tours in Charlotte area?

Mint Museum has their Home and Garden tour usually the last week in April, the Koi garden tour is in May-June. There will be a private garden open in Concord on June 8th, there are neighborhood walking tours usually of Elizabeth, and 4th Ward. The regional daylily convention will be here in June with bus tours of many local gardens. The Cemetery garden in Concord on Spring street is in bloom now. Have you been to Daniel Stowe? It is a must for anyone. There are also over 10 daylily farms/nurseries in a 1 1/2hour drive from Charlotte.

o

Thanks for that. I knew about the Mint Tour but apparently they've changed the name this year (and the "vision")and seem to be focusing on the homes much more than the gardens, if their website is accurate. Yes, Daniel Stowe is a real destination garden. I visited the new Orchid Conservatory in March, and it was amazing.

o

Concord Memorial Gardens that was mentioned above is absolutely beautiful right now. I've been going every few days and the changes over the last couple weeks have been really nice. It's on Spring Street in Concord, and free!
Terry

o

The River Hills community in Lake Wylie is having their annual Garden & House tour on April 24th, starting at 10am

o

Winghaven's garden tour is Mother's day weekend. It is a gardener's garden tour (not landscapers). The Koi club hosts a nice tour to local ponds.... Also a hidden gem is McGill Rose garden!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here