Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
safariofthemind

Posting Garden Pics

safariofthemind
14 years ago

Hi

For you younger whipper snappers, question: I haven't built a web site since the days of geocities, now defunct - what do you recommend for casual posting of garden pictures with captions? I like the idea of a blog and have an old account at safariofthemind.blogspot.com . Right now it just has a blurb in Spanglish about my wife's law firm as a place holder. Basically I haven't figured out the tools to use it yet so it is a good point to ask what others use. Some folks have mentioned wordpress.com as a good alternative. Reviews online seem to disagree on which is better. Both seem to need links to photobucket or flickr to work with picture collections if I read their instructions correctly.

Anyone care to share what's their recommendation? If need be I have a rented account at Pagematic.com for our office website that I can "park" another domain at but then I'd have to deal with raw html and something like Frontpage and I'd rather not go back to that as I have little time to maintain a site, deal with hackers, and may have to pay for bandwidth overages, etc.

Suggestions?

Comments (7)